10235 - Winter Village Market

TheDarkness

I'm avoiding this for myself, simply because I missed all previous WV sets and so I can't start now unless I want to buy all the old sets at jacked up prices!! That being said, as an investment, does the WV line still hold high potential? Seems like it since there's only 1 set per year.

Yep. Tweaked it for you! :wink:My only negative (which isn't really one as such) is they call this a market when in fact it looks more like a carnival.Eh, apples & oranges.... I love it all the same.I am thinking the newly created "Expert" subtheme is meant to be for more specific builds unlike the 'regular' random Creator sets and at the same time for Lego's miscellaneous ones that never truly had an actual 'theme' before like the first modular houses.

It's the kind of small carnival that may be associated with a EU Christmas market.

Well dang it!

I WILL have to buy this one for my wife. And I won't take a NO for an answer!

Seriously, it looks like an awesome set, and these are the ones that she's really into. The Toy Shop was an integral part of our Christmas decoration last year.

BTW CNH1974, your avatar was my first Lego set. I have the instructions back home in Venezuela, looking to put it back together :D

You mean my pic? Um no, that is the front of my one and only ( and unfinished ) MOC. :D

Did you have 6080 by any chance? It's similar.

The problem with this set is that it does not give the classic Winter Christmas vibe, like the previous sets...

Something feels odd...

not to mention I never seen Winter Merry-go-Round type of stuff....

always in summer....

Its not worth 99.99

The problem with this set is that it does not give the classic Winter Christmas vibe, like the previous sets...

Something feels odd...

not to mention I never seen Winter Merry-go-Round type of stuff....

always in summer....

Its not worth 99.99

Guest ph4tb0i

Well dang it!

I WILL have to buy this one for my wife. And I won't take a NO for an answer!

Seriously, it looks like an awesome set, and these are the ones that she's really into. The Toy Shop was an integral part of our Christmas decoration last year.

Yep, this is going into wife's collection here as well. :D I've now called Astride (the designer in the video) my wife's lego designer. Pretty much everything she designs my wife wants. 

Really interested in motorizing that carousel and bucket throwing game though. Hope they give the instructions inside so I don't have to figure out how to do a moc.. so lazy. haha.

A winter village chapel/church would be awesome.  I know lego likes to stay away from controversy (religion...) but this theme is just screaming for one.  If recent history is a clue then lego won't even be brave enough to include some carolers in one of the sets.  P.S. Lego has to give in at some point, right?  How long can you NOT include the incredible architecture of something like Notre Dame in a large-scale creator set?

Not sure whether you all have noticed or not..

price for Winter Village Market is higher in North America than Europe, seems like Lego is trying to shrink the price difference to stop US resellers selling to Asia..just a thought..

Winter Village Cottage

Pieces: 1490

99.99 USD, 99.99 EUR, 89.99 GBP

Winter Village Market

Pieces: 1261

99.99 USD, 89.99 EUR,79.99 GBP

You can see from the comparison with WInter Village Cottage, WVM has less piece count but price remains the same for US, however, price for other regions is lower.

Not sure whether you all have noticed or not..

price for Winter Village Market is higher in North America than Europe, seems like Lego is trying to shrink the price difference to stop US resellers selling to Asia..just a thought..

Winter Village Cottage

Pieces: 1490

99.99 USD, 99.99 EUR, 89.99 GBP

Winter Village Market

Pieces: 1261

99.99 USD, 89.99 EUR,79.99 GBP

You can see from the comparison with WInter Village Cottage, WVM has less piece count but price remains the same for US, however, price for other regions is lower.

I didn't notice. Nice job picking that out! It's hard to figure out TLG's intention for anything, but that is a good guess! Why would you say that they are trying to stop resellers from selling to Asia? BTW, +1 for you! :thumbsup:

I wonder if Lego have finally factored in international buyers ordering from the US or Europe due to improved exchange rates. I know Australian Prices now seem a lot close to their international counterparts than previously. Or in this instance, it is the US price they have actually increased, not decreased the European ones since it does have 230 pieces less.

I didn't notice. Nice job picking that out! It's hard to figure out TLG's intention for anything, but that is a good guess! Why would you say that they are trying to stop resellers from selling to Asia? BTW, +1 for you! :thumbsup:

From what I notice, the pricing for some of the 2013 sets that are popular in Asia is pretty good, e.***. Family House, Palace Cinema, Horizon Express, Arkham Asylum Breakout (basically most of the exclusive sets). What I meant by good is that buying from US at retail price plus shipping cost will be more expensive than buying at local retail price. Therefore, it is hard for US resellers to quick flip them to Asia at US retail price or above when the sets just came out.