10235 - Winter Village Market

TheDarkness

It's that one indeed, 6080 :D

Its a brilliant set, I have the box and instructions somewhere. But not all the bricks. 

Interestingly, your avatar is the picture I would have used if you had not got there first. I use it on Facebook instead :)

Not sure whether you all have noticed or not..

price for Winter Village Market is higher in North America than Europe, seems like Lego is trying to shrink the price difference to stop US resellers selling to Asia..just a thought..

Winter Village Cottage

Pieces: 1490

99.99 USD, 99.99 EUR, 89.99 GBP

Winter Village Market

Pieces: 1261

99.99 USD, 89.99 EUR,79.99 GBP

You can see from the comparison with WInter Village Cottage, WVM has less piece count but price remains the same for US, however, price for other regions is lower.

To me this is more of bring the EU pricing down to "normal" levels based on other sets, eg 10220 & 10226. Both are

Not sure whether you all have noticed or not..

price for Winter Village Market is higher in North America than Europe, seems like Lego is trying to shrink the price difference to stop US resellers selling to Asia..just a thought..

Winter Village Cottage

Pieces: 1490

99.99 USD, 99.99 EUR, 89.99 GBP

Winter Village Market

Pieces: 1261

99.99 USD, 89.99 EUR,79.99 GBP

You can see from the comparison with WInter Village Cottage, WVM has less piece count but price remains the same for US, however, price for other regions is lower.

The reason for higher US price is simple, Christmas is a more popular holiday in the US than anywhere else in the world.  TLG is just capitalizing on it.

A winter village chapel/church would be awesome.  I know lego likes to stay away from controversy (religion...) but this theme is just screaming for one.  If recent history is a clue then lego won't even be brave enough to include some carolers in one of the sets.  P.S. Lego has to give in at some point, right?  How long can you NOT include the incredible architecture of something like Notre Dame in a large-scale creator set?

Huh ?  There were a pair of carolers in Winter Toy Shop set

brickpicker_set_10199_5.jpg

brickpicker_set_10199_2.jpg

I find it hard to believe that they won't eventually do a religiously based set like Notre Dame.  Are people really that thin skinned (even though I don't think this has anything to do with being thinned skinned, just stubborn) to think that a model toy is somehow attacking their religion?  Honestly, where would the backlash be over a religious set similar in design to the Tower Bridge?

It will not retire, they will be back again for Christmas...I got info from my toy shop, I have pre-ordered some 

Good heads up - I expected this to come back in stock.  Once S&**** sold out before Christmas last year, there was a nice spike in prices...

U can buy it now @target.com with MSRP $99.99

Thanks for the heads up. Both the Toy Shop and Winter Village Market are up for sale.

http://www.target.com/p/lego-creator-winter-toy-shop-10199/-/A-12338204#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=lego+winter+village+market

http://www.target.com/p/lego-creator-expert-winter-village-cottage-10229/-/A-14286946#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=lego+winter+village+market

EDIT: Toy Shop is "currently unavailable. I can't find the Village Market at Target.

• 1 month later...

I'll be selling a few of my MISB Toy Shops before the holiday season starts. And I have to buy a cottage for my collection.
The new Winter village set should blend in nicely with all the rest, although I agree that it somehow fails to deliver an impression as good as the other sets. There are no glowing bricks either. My conclusion is that it's a cool set to add to your collection, but a not good enough one to start it with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am probably behind, but what's the free set for October?

From Bricks And Bloks. <- Link to calendar

Free Exclusive Clone Trooper Lieutenant with LEGO Star Wars purchase of $50 or more! *September 1 - October 31, 2013

post-5354-0-69383400-1379368100.png

Free Exclusive Holiday set with purchases of $99 or more! *October 14-31, 2013

post-5354-0-25384100-1379368096.png

Free LEGO Monster Fighter's Key Chain on Halloween! *October 31, 2013

post-5354-0-38673200-1379368105.png