SSD for $369 and Best offer

This has seemed rampant lately. Is this normal?

In the past week I have seen 4:

1. This one

2. MF currently up for $100 with no feedback, 5 day handling

3. Tower bridge selling for $190 5 day handling, very little feedback (I confirmed dropshipped with seller)

4. R2D2 that was posted about

makes it hard to buy on ebay.

I guess I should elaborate........i have been watching this seller for a while now. He only sells a few big sets at any one time. He will go a week or two with no items for sale. His feedback is low so he just started this scam and hasn't been caught yet. When I emailed him asking about box condition he said not to worry because it would be shipped to me directly from LEGO.

A lot of legitimate sellers on eBay dropship. Its not illegal at all, it becomes a scam when the seller uses a stolen credit card to purchase the items. It is very sad that nothing can really be done about it and that's why its so rampant. The only thing we can do is not purchase the items. Its hard to shy away from deals like this but just think if you do buy you are hurting the people whose credit card info was stolen.

Shame on people for supporting garbage like this!!!! Just go steal someone's credit card or identity and buy it yourself!

hey if i didnt know any better i would say its legit until i actually received it in the mail and see it was shipped from lego. thats when you contact the police, ebay and paypal to cover your ass 

hey if i didnt know any better i would say its legit until i actually received it in the mail and see it was shipped from lego. thats when you contact the police, ebay and paypal to cover your ass

That's just 100% class, dude. Well done. Keep up the good work.

Unfortunately, there are ways around being caught now.

I recently purchased an item where this was done. The seller used Entropay to dropship it. He paid $40 more for it than I paid. When he purchased it from Walmart, Entropay kept the real billing address, etc. secret. The actual purchase was made in my name, with my address as the billing address and shipping address.

I called walmart and the ONLY thing they had that was not mine was the creditcard number. I had no recourse.

The funny thing is that you do know better. I buy that crap from a newbie, but if you are as big of an investor as you claim to be then you have no excuse!

Even if the product comes form multiple different retailers, how do you know that the person didn't get a 1,000 dollar visa gift card for their birthday and thinking of creative ways to sell it?

Like I said my friend, its possible but you know its highly unlikely. My suggestion to the seller is if he doesn't want to be branded as a thief (like he cares anyway) then don't fit the profile.
  • Like 1

Anyone send him an offer for the stolen card?  You can then get it back to the owner directly.

Lol very creative. I like seeing others ideas with handling it. Seems to be risky though.

I have been on the buying end of people who were doing it illegally and I have a few times gotten a hold of the victims and let them know. good feeling.

Lol very creative. I like seeing others ideas with handling it. Seems to be risky though.

I have been on the buying end of people who were doing it illegally and I have a few times gotten a hold of the victims and let them know. good feeling.

I've avoided this situation thus far.  I haven't really bought much Lego on EBay though, except for a few buys from the Toys R Us EBay store.