What Lego set did you buy today?

I found (and bought!) a 10199 Winter Toy Shop. I was in Switzerland with my family in a department store, and saw a 10199 sitting on the floor as if it was found in the back and just brought out. The box is a little beat up, but I didn't care since my plan is to build the set to go with the rest of our Winter Village collection. The price was 49.90 CHF which is $53.58. Can you believe it!?

At TRU today (and tomorrow) they have a Buy One Get 50% off but Ninjago, Galaxy Quest and Technic are excluded, Friends was picked out but Hobbit was not excluded so I bought - 2x 79010 Hobbit Goblin King Battle $80 each (TRU price is $120) 2x 79003 Hobbit An Unexpected Gathering $60 each (TRU price is $80) 2x 79001 Hobbit Escape from Mirkwood Spiders $26 each (TRU price is $35) 2x 79000 Hobbit Riddles for the Ring $9.75 each (TRU price is $12.99) 6x 30213 Hobbit Gandalf polybag $2.75 each (TRU price is $3.99) not that great of prices, but I really like the sets! The manager asked the new girl checking me out if she was good at math and she said yes. So the manager asked her on each set what to input as the discount since their system wasn't working correctly. After listening a little I tuned it out. Got home and looked at the receipt and on the $4 Gandalf polybag she gave me a $2.49 discount on three. I got an extra .49 cents off three polybags! This means when they were doing the polybags both the manager and the checker thought that $2.49 was half of 3.99! Normally I would go back and fix a wrong price (hate it when my conscience bugs me!), but I'm thinking I will let this one pass. Not worth the effort/time to give TRU back $1.47 and it will likely cost them more than $1.47 in customer service time. Is that a rationalization? lol

Meant to post this a couple of days ago. Oh well, better late than never.

Star Wars

Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship

(This originally retailed for $50, I bought it for $22! Last one, too.)

Sith Nightspeeder

(Still retails for $24.97 at Walmart, I bought this for $14.97 because somebody put the wrong pricetag sticker on it! Man alive, does my Walmart have a TON of this set.)

Marvel Superheroes

Spider Man's Doc Ock Ambush (Walmart exclusive?)

(This set has been selling out just as quick as "The Zombies" set! Took me til the other day to get my hands on one.)

Creator

Blue Roadster

(Has some nice blue pieces & a windshield. Good for other car MOC's.)

The Hobbit

Riddles for the Ring

(Got this at Walmart! I'm not too worried about how long it'll take me to get the whole series. The next one will either be "Attack of the Wargs" or "Escape from Mirkwood Spiders". "The Barrel Escape" if I chance to see it.)

Bought some last Series 8 MINIFIGURES before the next one comes along, and another "Police Minifigure Collection" for a MOC idea I've been toolin' around with.

Think I just scored a good deal on some lego collectable minifigs. I got the following for $30 shipped: "Series 1 Zombie and Demolition Dummy Series 2 Spartan (cape already attached), Vampire (cape already attached), Mime and Pharaoh Series 4 Artist and Crazy Scientist Series 5 Zookeeper, Evil Dwarf, and Gladiator Series 7 Galaxy Patrol and Evil Knight Includes one copy of the figure list for each series, but no bags". I figured the Zombie and Spartan figure alone is worth more than $30. Here is the ebay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170951251725?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Finally got around to opening my 15 packs of series 7 minifigs. Not very pleased with the results. 4 computer programers! 1 Tennis player 2 Rock girls 1 swimmer 1 evil knight 2 bagpipers 1 bunny suit 1 Neptune 1 Daredevil 1 Little Red riding hood Looks like I will have to buy the rest or trade for them. Pretty disappointing :(

I think I am done buying random packs online.

Yeah, that's why I never buy random packs online. You never know what you'll get til' you get em'.

Sorry about not getting a complete set but you did get a little more than half of Series 7 & 8 there so not too bad.

Could have been alot worse, believe me I know!

The first one I opened was the Scottish Bagpipe player which made me very happy as I am 1/4 Scottish! McAlister Clan!

Hey, right on!

I remember the very first MINIFIGURE I opened was the Series 4 "Wolfman", which for me was awesome simply because of how much I love the original black & white "The Wolfman" film.

I hope you were lucky enough to get a complete set for Series 7 & 8!

3 of City Harbour Marina 4644 for $20 each and 2 of Creator Lighthouse Island 5770 for $20 each - all at Wally World on Clearance

Some nice deals there.

Games

Minotaurus

(Bought for $16.98, retails for $24.99)

Ninjago

(Bought for $22.49, retails for $29.99)

Heroica

Ilrion

Draida Bay

(Bought for $7.98, retails for $14.99)

Fortaan Castle

(Bought for $18.40, retails for $29.99)

Ilrion

(I could have saved $3.50 off of this but the guy at the checkout was a rude douchbag.

Being the holidays, he was a real 'Scrooge'!)

Star Wars (polybags from Walmart!)

Star Destroyer (30056) (Walmart exclusive)

MTT (30059)

(This was a Japan exclusive!!!! How the heck did a bunch of these end up at MY Walmart in the US?!)

Mini TIE Fighter (8028)

(And this was a UK exclusive!!!!)

Target had some leftover Series 7 MINIFIGURES, ended up buying all 9 of those.

AND I FINALLY FOUND THAT FRIGGIN' "BATMOBILE" POLYBAG!!!! YEAH!!

Did a whole lot of pricematching at Target and saved about $33 from those purchases.

And my Walmart has A TON of each one of those STAR WARS polybags I mentioned!

(If I wasn't so strapped for cash I would pick up a few more but each one is $4! Ouch!)

Both Walmart and Target has hundreds of the Series 8 MINIFIGURES.

(I REALLY do not need any more of those!)

As I noted in another thread, 10217 Diagon Alley (2) 10228 Haunted House regular price from LEGO Shop at Home and 10221 SSD (309.99) 10224 Town Hall(149.99) from Amazon Should have some decent VIP racked up to get a medium set free here soon. The LEGO Shop at Home sets are going for more than retail on ebay, so I had to avoid that plus tax/ship free. The Amazon prices were too good to pass up with free shipping and no taxes.

Just bought myself the Medieval Market Village (10193) for Christmas. :) The parts-per-dollar value is terrific on that set, and it looks really neat! Will need to fix the "waterwheel runs hammer" part to "waterwheel runs MOC bellows" to be correct though. I've been wanting the larger LOTR sets for some time, but they're just too expensive for how much you get with them- I may have to settle for picking up a few of the minifigs on ebay.

Just bought myself the Medieval Market Village (10193) for Christmas. :) The parts-per-dollar value is terrific on that set, and it looks really neat! Will need to fix the "waterwheel runs hammer" part to "waterwheel runs MOC bellows" to be correct though.

I've been wanting the larger LOTR sets for some time, but they're just too expensive for how much you get with them- I may have to settle for picking up a few of the minifigs on ebay.

Very cool set. I own 2 but neither are open, but plan on opening one someday, it is a great set and one of the few sets fromt the genre that was based primarily on the civilians, and not troops.