What Lego set did you buy today?

I made my very first strictly investment purchase... I got 4 of the Banks from Target at the discounted price and bogo and used the coupon. I also grabbed two of the dump trucks that were at clearance and also bogo 50% off... If they don't pan out then I will use as birthday gifts over the next few years for the nephew. (Don't tell them but their Birthday/Christmas gifts going forward will be my poor investment rejects :)

im about to pull the trigger and buy the superstar destroyer from amazon for 309. only thing i worry about is if it will arrive in good condition. anyone else have experience with ordering larger sets from amazon?

When ordering from Amazon, order one large item and you should be fine. I've had good experience with Amazon and even when sets came damaged, they returned and replaced sets with zero issues. The Super Star Destroyer is a wonderful set and $309 is a great price.

This post will mark my last purchase of 2012. Got everything at Target (nice STAR WARS sales).

Star Wars

Republic Striker-Class Fighter

Price cut to $35.99 from $44.99. I have sooo been wanting this one since I first saw it! Lots of red AND dark red parts!

Naboo Starfighter (from last year)

I originally thought this was going to ring up for $39.99, but when I looked at the receipt, it rang up for $27.99!

H-O-L-Y CRAP! That's practically half off!

City

Mining Quad

I kid you not. I found this previously Toys R Us only exclusive polybag at Target!

Target had a whole box of leftover MINIFIGURES from Series 7 and after a while of 'Zen Smooshing', I found the last two I needed to complete my Series 7 collection! Now I have two complete MINIFIGURES Series, 7 & 8!

Can I get a HELL YEAH!!!!

While I was at it, I also grabbed what few extras of some of the other Series 7 characters I could find (like the "Galaxy Patrol" and "Evil Knight" minifigs).

Phew. This surely has been an expensive year. I can hardly wait for the next one.

......crap.