What Lego set did you buy today?

Dude, $18? I bought the shellraiser for $60 for Christmas for my son. I would love to get the shellraiser for $18. It's a crappy build though. It fell apart and I can't figure out to but it back together. I would like to get a couple of each set so I can collect the minifigs. Not many people here like the sets but I think that's more from an investment standpoint.

I'm actually watching the Ninja Turtles right now on Nick........

Dude, $18? I bought the shellraiser for $60 for Christmas for my son. I would love to get the shellraiser for $18. It's a crappy build though. It fell apart and I can't figure out to but it back together. I would like to get a couple of each set so I can collect the minifigs. Not many people here like the sets but I think that's more from an investment standpoint.

I'm actually watching the Ninja Turtles right now on Nick........

Yeah it was when they marked down clearance items to 70% off and the funny thing is I found a hidden at-te for $27.98 so I really can't complain :D. I can see why some people are hesitant because they're kinda wacky like spongebob legos but I really think they'll do well because they're under everyone's radar and kids love the cartoons and some afols like us love ninja turtles as well and can appreciate the sets for what they are and that's funny I started watching it last week and record it whenever it's on so I'm gonna be busy watching it tonight haha

Yeah it was when they marked down clearance items to 70% off and the funny thing is I found a hidden at-te for $27.98 so I really can't complain :D. I can see why some people are hesitant because they're kinda kinda wacky but I really think they'll do well because kids love the cartoons and some afols like us love ninja turtles and can appreciate the sets for what they are and that's funny I started watching it last week and record it whenever it's on so I'm gonna be busy watching it tonight haha

I think they'll do well as well. Maybe later on when the sets go eol not many people will have invested in them.

If you are going to watch them later, then prepare to watch a block. It started at 5:30 and is going till 8:30. Enjoy!!

Got a Gorzan and a Worriz for 50% off plus red card.  Maybe I'll pair it with my one Chi Temple in the future.

Passed on a Hero Factory box for 50% off, should I have bought that?

Yes, and whats your opinion on the chima sets?

I actually didn't know what to think of the sets in-store, so I just bought them to do research at home. I ended up returning them, mainly because I'm not certain on the investment potential in the Chima theme, and didn't want to get stuck with too many of these less sought-after sets. If you are bundling with the Chi Temple, I would choose Worriz Combat Lair. I don't really pay attention to the theme, so I don't really know which two sets make more sense together in the grand scheme of the plot. 

Any Chima followers have any opinions? Which should Lion CHI Temple be bundled with: Worriz Combat Lair or Gorzan's Gorilla Striker?

10196 Grand Carousal. Loose, complete, no box, stickers applied but also included an unused sheet, very nice conditioned manuals, and never used Power Function elements that work.

Here is what the music box sounds like (15 sec clip).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/969xwqfvjq94giq/Lego_10196.m4a

My dream set.  How I wish I would have bought this.

I'm BL'ing it (slowly and cheaply) right now.

How are you doing with the harder elements (baseplate, stickers, music box, cloth, etc...)

I'm still trying to figure all of that out.  I'm debating building a traditional carousel, or MOC'ing it to a particular theme (for instance, there's someone out there that did a MOC Friends Carousel based on the GC).

I'm told the music brick occasionally shows up on Lego's online PAB, but I haven't seen it.  Currently, I'm planning some sort of raised platform to put the carousel on, and incorporating speakers and an iPod mini to play music (themed to the theme that I'm MOC'ing the build to).  Another BP'er posted a scan of his cloth part to scale.  I'm debating between using that to make my own cloth pieces, or, I'm going to create a top to the carousel that's similar to the way the Millennium Falcon's roof is constructed.

I'm still assembling pieces.  But just this week I decided I need to sit down and start prototyping this thing out.  Either with real bricks or with LDD.  I need to figure out what colors I'm changing, if I'm going with the MOC theme I want to go with. (Yes, I'm being purposely vague about the theme right now).

Over the past few days I've purchased:

10030 Star Destroyer, complete with instructions but no box - $345 shipped ($300 selling price plus $45 shipping/insurance)

and

10175 Vader's Tie Advanced, complete with instructions but no box - $195 shipped ($175 selling price plus $20 shipping/insurance)

...both from the same brand new, zero feedback Bricklink seller. Seller seems totally legit, pics look good...so either I've struck gold or I'm getting royally screwed (and I'll avail myself of Paypal's buyer protection). I'll find out in a couple days when the 10030 shipment is due to arrive.

Quoting myself (the relevant part, at least) - so, while I really thought this was a "too good to be true" situation, this all worked out perfectly...10030 delivered yesterday, 10175 delivered today. Both sets in great shape, appear complete, plaques and manuals included (but no boxes).

The Destroyer is obviously the better score, never thought I'd find one this cheap - but I'm pretty happy with both deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Quoting myself (the relevant part, at least) - so, while I really thought this was a "too good to be true" situation, this all worked out perfectly...10030 delivered yesterday, 10175 delivered today. Both sets in great shape, appear complete, plaques and manuals included (but no boxes).

The Destroyer is obviously the better score, never thought I'd find one this cheap - but I'm pretty happy with both deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

i built and sold a 10175.  it's a great model and even with a very slight modification to the chair, a Vader minifig fits inside.  although, it's hard to see him.

i do wish the stand was more stable and suggest slightly reinforcing it with a few extra technic pins and elements (can't even tell if black elements are used)

i do wish the stand was more stable and suggest slightly reinforcing it with a few extra technic pins and elements (can't even tell if black elements are used)

great, it is not just me then. I took the damn thing apart thinking I missed a step or two as it is not stable enough. Come to think of it, neither is the ship. Great display piece.