10234 - Sydney Opera House

Etan

Guest TabbyBoy
18 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

I think this will be the next one.

Arc de Triomphe.jpg

That would be good. We don't want another London one as the TB will never retire!

Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Well they like London sets and they like to replace one set with something very similar so my moneys on the Creator Expert London Eye

You mean by tarting up the 10247 Ferris Wheel a bit? It wouldn't surprise me as LEGO seem to be struggling with innovative designs at the moment. I think the Rome Colosseum would be a better choice and LEGO can then perhaps try to innovate more with the circular design. They have the Trevi Fountain so why not make the next step and design the ultimate?

7 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

How about a Roman Coliseum or the Sagrada Familia instead?

Colloseum would be awesome would Lego approve it given its purpose? I don't think they'd do Sagrada Familia as it's a religious building, although they have included St Pauls Cathedral in London Skyline so maybe they are softening a bit.

• Like 1

No chance for Sagrada Familia or other christian building - the political correctness is very strong in TLG. Its a pity, because there is so much beautiful christian, buddhist, muslim and other buildings.

The coliseum would be great. For me is big surprise that the TLG chose the Big Ben, since there is already 1 building for London and there is many more interesting buildings around the world and from strong countries with big lego market, which havent had yet any building (Germany, China, etc). If choose second building from same country, then USA would be more logical, since it is the biggest market. My favourable buildings would be:

Coloseum (Italy) - one of the new wonders

Neuschwanstein castle (Germany) - but after Disney castle its unreal to make similar building

Pyramids (Egypt) - quite simple building, but in combination with sphinx would be great. Another, similar option would be Chichen itza pyramid as a tribute to Mexican factory :-)

Pisa tower (Italy)

Petra (Jordan) - another nice item from 7 new wonders

Eiffel tower, Liberty statue  - if we have a remake of death star and other sets, these would be more logical items to remake - very popular buidlings and are missing among many AFOLs

2 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

No chance for Sagrada Familia or other christian building - the political correctness is very strong in TLG. Its a pity, because there is so much beautiful christian, buddhist, muslim and other buildings.

The coliseum would be great. For me is big surprise that the TLG chose the Big Ben, since there is already 1 building for London and there is many more interesting buildings around the world and from strong countries with big lego market, which havent had yet any building (Germany, China, etc). If choose second building from same country, then USA would be more logical, since it is the biggest market. My favourable buildings would be:

Coloseum (Italy) - one of the new wonders

Neuschwanstein castle (Germany) - but after Disney castle its unreal to make similar building

Pyramids (Egypt) - quite simple building, but in combination with sphinx would be great. Another, similar option would be Chichen itza pyramid as a tribute to Mexican factory :-)

Pisa tower (Italy)

Petra (Jordan) - another nice item from 7 new wonders

Eiffel tower, Liberty statue  - if we have a remake of death star and other sets, these would be more logical items to remake - very popular buidlings and are missing among many AFOLs

It does make sense only to remake Liberty statue - because it has been created with the old brick technique during Eiffel tower has used already the new one.

What would be also really great would be a part of Chinese Wall!!

There is no need that the Wall would have to be symmetric what means interesting building...

qreat_wall_02.jpg

Edited by mauro23

2 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

It does make sense only to remake Liberty statue - because it has been created with the old brick technique during Eiffel tower has used already the new one.

What would be also really great would be a part of Chinese Wall!!

There is no need that the Wall would have to be symmetric what means interesting building...

When they remade DS just after several months and without visible changes, its no problem to produce same Eifel tower after many years... But of course the Liberty statue is more necessary item to not only remake, but also update. It doesnt look great.

The Chinese wall would be logical, but hard to make - it looks great as a long line of walls, just 1 part is not ideal. The better chance has as the Architecture set.

2 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

When they remade DS just after several months and without visible changes, its no problem to produce same Eifel tower after many years... But of course the Liberty statue is more necessary item to not only remake, but also update. It doesnt look great.

The Chinese wall would be logical, but hard to make - it looks great as a long line of walls, just 1 part is not ideal. The better chance has as the Architecture set.

The problem why I am not selling my Lady (in perfect black&white sealed box) is that no update has been announced so far. In such case I would immediately sell the old one.

This is also the problem with a lot of old sets, they loose their value because they simply not look good anymore...

Edited by mauro23

4 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

Not one part, I would use 3 towers connected with the Wall to each other. The angle of the two walls could be 120° degrees..