What is the best deal on LEGO you have ever found?

90-92% off on some city sets: demolition site, bulldozer, excavator an truck, 4x4 with speedboat, and dune buggy. Got 10 of each. :D

I remember this :D

Another one to add to this list: Hulkbusters at $3.86 clearance at a local WM, i passed on them assuming it was a pricing error.... it wasn't ;-;

I met this guy at the mall...and told him that I want 375 Yellow Castle.  He just brought it to me, for free.  All I had to do was be "good" for the year.  What a joke.  I totally was bad a couple of times.  I Miss that guy...what a sucker, totally ripped him for some other free stuff too.  Loser.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Today I made my best deal on German ebay-kleinanzeigen. Don't know if the US guys knows this platform. Just bought one 76042 Helicarrier sealed and MISB for just 250€. Our German retail price is about 349€. So I saved truly 99€ on an UCS model which is OOS at this time know!!! That's freakin good I think.

Now I'm thinking of should I build it or should I wait and sell it with an very nice profit at christmas. Or should I wait until it's done and EOL? Maybe this won't be long?!

Greetings from Germany,

Chris

• Like 1

Back several years ago, Chicago Brick Convention: everyone who attended received an evening pass to shop in one of the two Chicago land Lego stores. Everything had some damage to the boxes, a lot to very little. I was one of the 1st ones to draw a early number to get in the store. I picked several goodies, i did miss the death star. Everything was 1/2 price. I grabed a Green Grocer for $75.00, I already had one for our town collection. 2 months ago, on e-bay, it sold for $1,200 plus shipping to Singapore, a good customer of mine. We were both Happy, Happy, Happy!!!

• Like 4

One of my better finds was 4737 Harry Potter Quidditch for $13 at target clearance. I bought all 40 and still have 30.

Second find was at a Lego store. Bought 5 10179 for full price before they would ban you and still have three of these MISB

I envy you for the Falcons. Let those quidditch go this xmas. Most potter sets already peaked or is peaking. Invest that money to something else.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...