What is the best deal on LEGO you have ever found?

So i got one hell of deal, i think even the best deal of the year for me.

I managed to get 170 (yes, 170) polybags of this guy for under $5 each at my local Game Mania (Dutch Game Store).

10693698_1401732153380628_933603918_n.jp

My question is: Should i flip them or keep them for longer?

Great deal, but that sure is alot of packaging.  Sell some of them in bulk to large sellers on this site for their stores and to make getting rid of them quicker a better option for yourself.

• Like 1

Awesome! I`d flip all/most of them asap, definitely. Take the 300% and run. 

Oh, we`re bidding are we? I`ll go $8! Hehehe  :cheese:

hey wait... that 8$ bid if Canadian dollar is only $7.11 US factoring in currency exchange rate of 3% that's $6.87  add the shipping extension cost & that might just be about $4.99   (The likely TRU price should they surface)  :cheese:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A couple years ago I was at a local Walmart that was having a fire sale on all their clearance items.  I managed to score 7 star wars advent calenders for $5 each.  These were the very first additions of the set (with Santa Yoda figure).

I've had multiple other experiences, but mostly at Target when they have big markdowns.  I once garnished a dozen or so Harry Potter (30111) at Target for 90% off.  They were not marked, but were on clearance.  They would typically keep these up by the cash registers.  I just went from register to register taking everyone I could find.  They were like $0.40 a piece.

• 6 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Nearly an R2-D2 in a Swanage toy shop when the cashier rang up £14.99 instead of £149.99. I was honest and paid the full amount. The only big discounts I see in the UK is for sets that were poor sellers and perform poorly after EOL.

Got a 10030 for $100 on CL earlier this year. Seller was a Marine, who had bought it from a other Marine.

The guy I bought it from had never build it - he was into Technic. He had tons of Technic he was selling too. He just wanted to get his $100 back.

It was all there except for maybe 100 pieces. It was clear that one small section didn't make it into the tub. But otherwise it's fantastic.

• Like 3

Got a 10030 for $100 on CL earlier this year. Seller was a Marine, who had bought it from a other Marine.

The guy I bought it from had never build it - he was into Technic. He had tons of Technic he was selling too. He just wanted to get his $100 back.

It was all there except for maybe 100 pieces. It was clear that one small section didn't make it into the tub. But otherwise it's fantastic.

I think I got you beat on the 10030 front. From CL back in 2011, some guy was selling a star destroyer and falcon for $15. I was lucky that I was the first to call him. Based on the ad (I saved a pdf of it for fun), I thought it was going to be 6211 and 10179, but it turned out to be 10030 and 4504. I didn't complain though! haha 10030 was missing about $60 in parts and 4504 was only half there so I put it in my parts bin. Best CL find ever! Runner up would be loose 10181 from CL for $100.

Edit: I just realized that I posted this already back in June 2014. Sorry, but I just love retelling this story. :)

2015-10-01_7-56-30.jpg

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 5

I think I got you beat on the 10030 front. From CL back in 2011, some guy was selling a star destroyer and falcon for $15. I was lucky that I was the first to call him. Based on the ad (I saved a pdf of it for fun), I thought it was going to be 6211 and 10179, but it turned out to be 10030 and 4504. I didn't complain though! haha 10030 was missing about $60 in parts and 4504 was only half there so I put it in my parts bin. Best CL find ever! Runner up would be loose 10181 from CL for $100.

Edit: I just realized that I posted this already back in June 2014. Sorry, but I just love retelling this story. :)

Somewhere else on the internet, "Matt" has a post about the biggest regret ever made...

• Like 4