Bitcoin and other forms of digital currency

Eth and Bitcoin price action has been technically broken since head and shoulders in may-June  This morning Eth is finally touching the 200d moving average.  That should be a level of support and a point to start thinking about trading or adding but overall market is very weak with seasonal low volume contributing to volatility we will overshoot somewhere maybe even $1200 on Eth.  Don’t fall for the ever predictable quarterly China crackdown media bull$hit.  It overshot going up by many miles.  Trees don’t usually grow to sky though crypto seems to be coming close  . People will continue  judging or pining  over others profit instead of using god given  brain and charts to make money without tape and boxes from the coming volatility as a bottom takes shape .  Ultimately Crypto is telegraphing a message from the future about inflation.

36 minutes ago, junkrigger said:

The simple fact that we have varied and independent news sources spanning from fox to vox proves how ignorant a statement this is.

Making a statement that questions the lack of truthfulness in the news media of any country is not ignorant.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, cladner said:

Eth and Bitcoin price action has been technically broken since head and shoulders in may-June  This morning Eth is finally touching the 200d moving average.  That should be a level of support and a point to start thinking about trading or adding but overall market is very weak with seasonal low volume contributing to volatility we will overshoot somewhere maybe even $1200 on Eth.  Don’t fall for the ever predictable quarterly China crackdown media bull$hit.  It overshot going up by many miles.  Trees don’t usually grow to sky though crypto seems to be coming close  . People will continue  judging or pining  over others profit instead of using god given  brain and charts to make money without tape and boxes from the coming volatility as a bottom takes shape .  Ultimately Crypto is telegraphing a message from the future about inflation.

This was actually really well put. One thing I like to add, the media doesn't typically do a good job covering crypto. They typically only talk about it when it's going way up or going way down and their explanations for the rise or drop are almost always wrong. I could be wrong but I think traders and market makers drive the crypto prices short term. This means a buy and hold strategy can work well if you are disciplined and don't sell but leverage trading or trading with money you need soon is a recipe for disaster unless you can keep up with the bearish and bullish technical indicators. I just wish I would have known this a few months ago.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KShine said:
Making a statement that questions the lack of truthfulness in the news media of any country is not ignorant.

It would be great to once and for all see all the members here who think our free and independent news media with many varied outlets is the same as the CCP mouthpiece, so please raise your hands. I stand by my statement which did not say anything about it being wrong to question news no matter who reports it but rather said that anyone who thinks the Chinese state run media is as devoted to fact based reporting as our press is dangerously ignorant.

Moderator comment:  Let's not spiral this into a multi-page discussion.

• Like 3

But no one ever said that.

Your technically right, good point. I guess all that was said is that folks trust communist, undemocratic run media as much as they trust our independent democracy based media. But if we agree that our news media is more devoted to fact based reporting then communist state run media then those two positions imply a person trusts non fact based news as much as they trust our fact based news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your technically right, good point. I guess all that was said is that folks trust communist, undemocratic run media as much as they trust our independent democracy based media. But if we agree that our news media is more devoted to fact based reporting then communist state run media then those two positions imply a person trusts non fact based news as much as they trust our fact based news.

Everyone who liked his original comment will not agree with your premise that our media is more devoted to fact based reporting. They are each driven by agenda based reporting, not facts.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Everyone who liked his original comment will not agree with your premise that our media is more devoted to fact based reporting. They are each driven by agenda based reporting, not facts.

I thought this was not about absolute magnitude of truth or fact in various news sources but rather a comparison of truth between news sources. Every source might have an agenda but I care about their relative measure of truth fact based reporting. Are you really saying you trust Chinese state run media as much as associated press, pbs news and fox. Are people really making that argument cause that’s what I’m hearing and I’m almost positive that can be disproven given the right data sets, or time scrubbing news sites. Though we would need to agree on some metric for measuring truth.

• Like 1

Some Crypto “experts” are claiming the Chinese exodus is actually favorable to the market overall.
I might buy that because if it was truly detrimental I think we would have seen a much more dramatic sell off for BTC.

It’s difficult to lean on traditional equity investment advisors or talking heads when it comes to crypto. Their models don’t really apply to this emerging asset class or whatever you call it. I think this is a classic sell the news moment and another DCA buying opportunity.

Taking a step back… if you follow the money
that will usually tell how you big of a deal this whole thing is.

A $1.35T Ponzi scheme with institutional investors and large corporations bought in? Nah.

https://coinmarketcap.com

Now that’s one hell of a crime:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilymason/2021/06/23/south-african-brothers-disappear-along-with-22-billion-worth-of-bitcoin/

“Two brothers and founders of Cape Town-based cryptocurrency investment platform, Africrypt, have disappeared, potentially making off with $2.2 billion worth of their client’s bitcoin at current prices.”

In related news, a tropical island resort in a remote part of the world reported two guests dragging something along the beach. Upon further investigation, it was discovered that the men were dragging their balls—the largest in recorded history—through the sand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Slowly but surely moving fiat over to crypto assets. Buying COIN, will be buying the new ARK bitcoin etf once approved, and are continuing eth mining operations and holding all mined eth. Any fiat coming in these days is quickly converted to SPY, BRK:B, the above crypto assets, and a few tesla model 3's LR for turo until able to let them work autonomously through the ridesharing app in a few years.

1 hour ago, asharerin said:

Slowly but surely moving fiat over to crypto assets. Buying COIN, will be buying the new ARK bitcoin etf once approved, and are continuing eth mining operations and holding all mined eth. Any fiat coming in these days is quickly converted to SPY, BRK:B, the above crypto assets, and a few tesla model 3's LR for turo until able to let them work autonomously through the ridesharing app in a few years.

How much roughly do you make with Turo?

3 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Crypto.com allows staking for certain coins, below is just a snapshot for those interested. Most are between 3% and 6% with some as high as 12.5% for stable coins, like Tether, USDT, etc.

ae0f13bbe17998d2607c747d2462819f.jpg

Watch out for the foreign transaction fees when you buy. Other then that it’s a great site to use. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Fed is moving ahead with its own blockchain—FedNow going live 2023 with a wallet and app under consideration —FedCoin. No need for intermediaries like Venmo or PayPal, instantaneous transactions between people or merchants, checks also cleared just as quickly, payroll, supply invoicing, etc. Uncle Sam gets to monitor it and tax it all so I imagine it will be quite lucrative for the gov.

• 2 weeks later...
 btc and eth have retaken the 50 day with biggest breakout  since March.  btc has even blown past Fibonacci resistance levels.  technicals are very favorable heading into seasonally strong part of the year and make some new highs.   

Could be. Could also be a pump and dump tied to Amazon’s tease about accepting crypto. I think we’re in a bear market until BTC halves again in 2024-25. We’ll still have some spikes, but nothing like the recent run.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I think we’re in a bear market until BTC halves again in 2024-25. We’ll still have some spikes, but nothing like the recent run.

That's a hot take. I have a hard time believe that that's the case. The run wasn't as big as it normally is. 

I think the run is commencing again, and we'll see some new ATHs in the next few months into the end of the year. We'll see! Either way, I'm not selling my ETH (barring unexpected financial difficulties) until we hit at least $10k.

• Like 1