Bitcoin and other forms of digital currency

On 10/27/2021 at 10:57 PM, Bricklectic said:

Anyone here familiar with a token/coin called wax? I sold a hasbro nft for some $350 worth of wax but now i see its difficult to get back to USD$ Is there a platform legal to usa residents that will convert it? Coinbase does not afaik.

so as im stuck with it its gone up 50% this week. not sure why but maybe ill HODL

this might be fun

Ok, also WHO LoSES 8k!!

Around 20% of folks who invested in Bitcoin lost wallets or forgot seed phrases. When your seed phrase is 12 words in a specific order, it is easy to understand how folks forget them, not to mention the # of physically lost hardware wallets.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/technology/bitcoin-passwords-wallets-fortunes.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/31/2021 at 4:55 AM, House Schubert said:

Seriously. WTF. Diamond hands, and HODL and all, but after a billion (let’s be honest, 20 million) I’m out!

Could have been hit by a bus. People on Reddit are saying that there isn't enough liquidity for him to dump much of it without tanking the price. I have no idea how accurate this is.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Man. Been pretty quiet here. Almost two months since the last post ;). 

2021 was disappointing for sure. Still up a ton overall, but I was hoping to be up a whole lot more. Hopefully 2022 will be better! 

Looking at starting off 2022 investing 12k in a new project that I've found. I've never invested this much at once before. Somewhat risky (as is all of crypto), but the project seems solid, provides something needed in the space, and poised to have some good passive income from staking. 

I just hate to see my bank account get that low from a lump-sum investment. Most of my net worth is tied up in investments. Guess its better to be trying to make money on that money than losing ~7% a year in the bank!

Anyone else planning on starting 2022 with some crypto investments in the first few months? 

42 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

Anyone else planning on starting 2022 with some crypto investments in the first few months? 

I've invested in CRO on crypto.com. Staked enough to get this debit card which pays 3% cash back in the token as well as 10% back on my staked amount. Plus Netflix and Spotify payments rebated in CRO. It seems like a really good option in the conservative crypto space. 

1 hour ago, dennugsmello said:

I've invested in CRO on crypto.com. Staked enough to get this debit card which pays 3% cash back in the token as well as 10% back on my staked amount. Plus Netflix and Spotify payments rebated in CRO. It seems like a really good option in the conservative crypto space. 

It's the best avenue I've noticed to move Crypto gains into FIAT and have it be spendable with a few clicks.  My personal favorite is to use Algorand as my onramp and then convert there.  From there you can top up your Debit card.  The debit card has been a go-to the past few months.  The 3% will go a long way in the future as CDC becomes more ingrained in the crypto world.  Though the app interface is a bit confusing for newbies, once you learn how to navigate and use your debit card, it's a great way to generate passive income down the line.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigboy61 said:

Interesting. I was turned off from CDC by the advertisements for their Visa card. I guess this is a dumb reason, but the add was just so low quality that it turned me off. 

It sounds like a good card though if you have enough CRO staked. I still don't really trust them though. 

I have the Jade Green card 4k buy in. Only cost me about 2200k after the price rise. I get the 3%, 10%apr paid weekly, and Netflix and Spotify reimbursed in CRO. My plan is to stockpile as much as possible with the cash back and other benefits which are earned and placed in the defi wallet for a 13% apr. Maybe it will work maybe not. We shall see. Its seems like a more conservative play which is why I'm going this route in the crypto space. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dennugsmello said:

So, buy $4k worth of CRO, stake it for 180 days, then you are eligible? And it’s just a debit card that pays you 3%, plus you get 10% staking on the $4k of CRO?  Did I miss anything?  So… do you just fund it regularly through your stuffy old bank? I sure as hell aM not transferring a large sum to these young upstarts!!!

“Fool me once! Fool me can’t get fooled again!”

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

So, buy $4k worth of CRO, stake it for 180 days, then you are eligible?

No, the moment you stake you get the benefits. Day 1. The 180 days is the amount of time your staked tokens are frozen. Once that six month period expires you can unstake and do as you please. You can always keep them staked to continue the card benefits. 

I pulled the trigger on this company and their product because of the advertising and all their regulatory and security moves. Plus Crypto.com buying the naming rights to the Staples center for 20 years gave me enough confidence they are not going anywhere and its not some fly by night scam. 

I purchased about 2200$ worth incrementally during the big run up, not really thinking much of the card. I only bought into the token because I was using the app and CRO was rising fast. Well, it ran up enough where my tokens reached the 4000$ value. I'd been looking into the card and decided to jump in. I clicked a button and staked my 4k worth of tokens for 180 days. 

Within one hour of staking I had a virtual debit card(still waiting for the physical version) which I can top off with my bank card or bank transfer. It's really easy. Then, as I use it for payments, I get instant 3% dollars back in CRO. I've used it a lot of the holidays and accumulated a lot of free CRO. Plus every Monday I get my 10% apr payment in CRO(about 10.8 CRO a week). Lastly I linked my Spotify and Netflix payments to the debit card. I'm refunded those amounts instantly in CRO. Basically 26$ a month in CRO for those subscriptions. 

One last perk is you get free airport lounge access. I don't travel so this means nothing to me. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by dennugsmello
added $
  • Like 3

Man, I don't feel old, but crypto.com is working hard to change that!  Just as a test, I sent 1900 CRO from coinbase pro to cypto.com, but I guess I am an app user, and when I try to sign up for the exchange, it says "Unfortunately we cannot offer Exchange services to you for the time being, due to market regulations". 

am just trying to stake those 1900 CRO... it is easy to find the page where they tell you the staking rewards, not so easy to find the page to stake... any help from the initiated?

20 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

Man, I don't feel old, but crypto.com is working hard to change that!  Just as a test, I sent 1900 CRO from coinbase pro to cypto.com, but I guess I am an app user, and when I try to sign up for the exchange, it says "Unfortunately we cannot offer Exchange services to you for the time being, due to market regulations". 

am just trying to stake those 1900 CRO... it is easy to find the page where they tell you the staking rewards, not so easy to find the page to stake... any help from the initiated?

Exchange in not available in US yet. Supposed to be very soon. Apparently a very good app for day trading and such.  Lower fees and spread as well. 

Once you have the CRO on the app you have kind of three options to stake. The card, earn, or DEFI wallet. 

1) The card you'll need 4000$ worth of CRO. That will get you 10%apr paid weekly.

2) Crypto earn on the app I think you need 5000 CRO and it pays 6% I think. 

3) Or the Defi wallet(separate app) which is linked to your crypto.com app. There is no amount minimum and the rate is currently like 13%. You can stake as long as you want and compound your rewards. Only restriction is when you unstake it takes 28 days(unstake period) for your funds to become available. 

I'm doing option one and three. 

I can answer anything else. But I am also pretty new at this. 

Exchange in not available in US yet. Supposed to be very soon. Apparently a very good app for day trading and such.  Lower fees and spread as well. 
Once you have the CRO on the app you have kind of three options to stake. The card, earn, or DEFI wallet. 
1) The card you'll need 4000$ worth of CRO. That will get you 10%apr paid weekly.
3) Or the Defi wallet(separate app) which is linked to your crypto.com app. There is no amount minimum and the rate is currently like 13%. You can stake as long as you want and compound your rewards. Only restriction is when you unstake it takes 28 days(unstake period) for your funds to become available. 

It might be state related. I downloaded and use the Crypto app.

I really don’t see investing much more in crypto at this point. The regulations being discussed and the Fed’s supposed role out of their blockchain and coin makes the investing future murky. That said, I think something small and reasonable like what Crypto.com is offering with their debit card makes a great deal of sense for anyone looking to dip their toes into alt coins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRO has a lot of little hidden perks. They also have Crypto earn where you can stake in either 1, 2, or 3 month increments. Matic and Dot will get you between 10-12.5% P.A. You can also do flexible earn and get 8% P.A and withdraw it at anytime. I actually prefer staking without having the ability to sell. It’s worked out best for me. 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 10:46 AM, dennugsmello said:

I'm looking at trying the Jade ($4000) card right now, just let stuff stake and try the Spotify/Netflix benefits.
I'm currently moving money & coins around for the 4k requirement and I guess my question is, does it require a certain, official transaction, or can I buy/convert multiple transactions as long as it all accumulates to $4000 worth of CRO to qualify? I'm assuming I'll buy up >$4000 of CRO and then apply for the card, but I'm afraid there'll be some "you didn't do it right" gotcha. Kinda curious since they go by USD value, what if you had $4k worth of CRO and the value drops to 3k two months later. I should hope you aren't disqualified. It'd make more sense to require a certain # of CRO, not USD.

10 hours ago, lodibricks said:

I'm looking at trying the Jade ($4000) card right now, just let stuff stake and try the Spotify/Netflix benefits.
I'm currently moving money & coins around for the 4k requirement and I guess my question is, does it require a certain, official transaction, or can I buy/convert multiple transactions as long as it all accumulates to $4000 worth of CRO to qualify? I'm assuming I'll buy up >$4000 of CRO and then apply for the card, but I'm afraid there'll be some "you didn't do it right" gotcha. Kinda curious since they go by USD value, what if you had $4k worth of CRO and the value drops to 3k two months later. I should hope you aren't disqualified. It'd make more sense to require a certain # of CRO, not USD.

Actually, this part is pretty easy. Once your value in CRO equals $4000 you are good to go. Does not matter how you get there. It just has to be $4000 dollars worth of CRO when you commit to stake. Where the price goes after that is irrelevant. You are never disqualified. 

Once you have 4000$ worth go into the card tab on the app and hit stake for jade card or something like that. You press a button and your in. You're enrolled into that reward tier until you unstake, which you cannot do for 180 days. Once the 180 days is up you can unstake, or keep them staked to continue your rewards. I received a virtual card that day, hooked it up to apple pay and began using it immediately.

1 hour ago, dennugsmello said:

Actually, this part is pretty easy. Once your value in CRO equals $4000 you are good to go. Does not matter how you get there. It just has to be $4000 dollars worth of CRO when you commit to stake. Where the price goes after that is irrelevant. You are never disqualified. 

Once you have 4000$ worth go into the card tab on the app and hit stake for jade card or something like that. You press a button and your in. You're enrolled into that reward tier until you unstake, which you cannot do for 180 days. Once the 180 days is up you can unstake, or keep them staked to continue your rewards. I received a virtual card that day, hooked it up to apple pay and began using it immediately.

Super helpful, thanks! Just went through the CRO purchase and debit card application. :D