Star Wars 2024

brickvoyeur

• 1 month later...

image.thumb.png.9d7addfd339cb0fee234f746d9d14f9f.png

R2-KT, the "Droid With the Heart of Gold," was created by the R2-D2 Builders Club in 2005 as a tribute to Katie Johnson, the seven-year-old daughter of Albin Johnson, the founder of the 501st Legion costuming group. Katie was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in 2004, and Albin (who was doing 501st charity work at the time) received support from around the Star Wars community. As Katie's declining health struck her bedridden, the girl wished she had a droid to watch over her, like R2-D2 watched over Padmé Amidala in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. When Jerry Greene of the R2 Builders heard about the Johnsons' story, he and his fellow builders organized a campaign to collect parts and assemble an R2 unit for Katie. In a few months, they constructed a custom, fully functional droid which they painted pink and named R2-KT. According to Albin, Katie kept the droid by her bedside through her final days. R2-KT has since been used to visit children's hospitals and spread awareness of pediatric illness by attending Star Wars events. The droid has also been the focus of various fundraisers; in 2007, Hasbro Inc. produced an R2-KT action figure, raising $100,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and in 2015, Mattel sold a Celebration Anaheim–exclusive R2-KT Hot Wheels collectible, donating the proceeds to Star Wars: Force for Change. With the 501st Legion, R2-KT has raised millions of dollars for charity. Lucas and Filoni added it to the Canon.

Final anniversary minifigure goes to R2-KT. I'd like to believe Lego will follow what every other manufacturer has done when creating this figure, and donate a portion to children's charities. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, thedingman5 said:

Not that one, I’m sure…

It's gotta be that one.  No other Leia makes sense.  I know prisoners-with-jobs Leia is supposed to be verboten, but Lego is putting out a church this year.  Anything is possible in 2024!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.18cca332036dfa4aaaa2637868f641a5.png

"Your generic TIE grunt is just plain suicidal. And the TIE defender jockey is bloodthirsty. But the TIE interceptor pilot, he's suicidal and bloodthirsty. When you see a squad of those maniacs flying your way, you'd better hope your hyperdrive is operational."
―Kyle Katarn

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

SWGWP.jpg

SWBH1.jpeg

I've only seen BrickHeadz on Lego's website, haven't seen in Target/Wal-Mart, etc.  I thought they were dead or dying.  Anyone else seen these outside of Lego's website?  Was there an official change?

These are just in time for for the 25th Anniversary of Phantom Menace (as shown by that little badge on the top-right of the troop carrier box and barely noticeable on the side of the BrickHeadz box) and I'm looking forward to watching it in the theaters again (bought tickets last week for Friday May 3rd showing).

2 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

I've only seen BrickHeadz on Lego's website, haven't seen in Target/Wal-Mart, etc.  I thought they were dead or dying.  Anyone else seen these outside of Lego's website?  Was there an official change?

These are just in time for for the 25th Anniversary of Phantom Menace (as shown by that little badge on the top-right of the troop carrier box and barely noticeable on the side of the BrickHeadz box) and I'm looking forward to watching it in the theaters again (bought tickets last week for Friday May 3rd showing).

I dont know if they are dying or not but the recent trend of multipacks and sales suggests to me that the funko fad has peaked

9 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

It's been like 4 years almost.  Grogu/child was last one in retail stores. That one hung around for years but that was the last wave released outside Lego website 

• Like 1

Brickheadz has been consistently released annually although I don't buy them.

Jan 2023 was tusken raider

also in 2023 was an Endor pack and a Kenobi vs Vader according to my notes

2022 should have been an Ahsoka Tano

I don't have any noted for 2021