75381    Droideka        €59.99    05/01/2024

image.png.f0b9057716970f8e262f6a887082b4a4.png
75384    Crimson Firehawk    136    €49.99    01/01/2024

image.png.40f967c1647df2287b19d8406dac2aa1.png
75387    Tantive IV Boarding Diorama        €54.99    03/01/2024

image.png.326a12637b4e36b4731c6f29143e0331.png

From trusted source Promobricks

• Like 2

It has been a long freaking time since LEGO has released anything with the tall gray Battle Droids let alone much of anything outside a couple sets making army building for the Trade Federation's side a general pain in the can. I wonder if there will be any number of small changes to them after all that time. I thought their arms were the sleekest designs and wished those parts were used elsewhere.

The new Gunship has a nice color scheme at least and some smooth shaping. Honestly, I am looking more forward to see what else could potentially be built from that set. Otherwise, another gunship.... woohoo.

So we're not going to talk about the Ahsoka series???

All sets Rebels are gold right now...and rightfully so...the Rebel Series and their LEGO sets have been seriously under-appreciated.  Finally getting their day in the sun. Thrawn is the new Vader  and the Ghost is the MILF

re the Ep1 and 2...pretty awesome and it looks like most fans agree. 

I am just not a fan of Sabine being a Jedi tho (but I get it...too much Mando lately!!!).

Also is it just me or are the head pieces for both Hera and Ahsoka show off in live action as being too big?  The scale seems off.  I know Twileks and Troguta (sp?) head pieces are what they are; but in the animation for certain action sequences they were drawn smaller...which live action can't do I guess.

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Yes...so far this show makes me feel like I was watching Star Wars the way it was before the dark ages of sequel tyrrany. And its all about the feels from the opening text dialogue to even the camera wipes. Baylan Skoll seems like he has inner demons to work out so I'm looking forward to his story the most. And yeah, I thought the same about the head pieces but maybe practical makeup vs cgi makes it more authentic. I think I noticed a couple moments where the actresess had a little struggle turning without bumping into their tendrils.

I did not want to be the guy that spoils it for someone not watching yet.  The new sets seem right for what we have seen in the show so far.  It makes me wonder if Lego's leakers only leak content we have seen yet.  Like the Eye of Sion... what will be docking with it if it is a big hyperspace ring like we had with Jedi Starfighters.

My hasty analysis (instead of working)

Looking across the sets on the official store, it looks like all the new important characters from episode 1 and 2 are accounted for except for the half a dozen HK-87 droids encountered, nor Sabine's speeder bike.

We also lack the "dark" Jedis' shuttle with the ball-shaped cockpit area.

Morgan departs in a brown rectangular ship at one scene but we really cannot see what it is.

Shin's fighter as depicted in Lego set 75364 has not debuted yet.  She has flown around in the shuttle so far.

Several nice "temple" ruins settings possible for diorama or playset use.  I would like a diorama of Ahsoka battling HKs at a temple.

The Ghost & Phantom pre-sell set has 5x figures but I have not found official names for them yet so we don't know if the two New Republic officers are random encounters or key characters like Ackbar??, or who the kid figure is supposed to me.

Since this years Advent set is already out there, I assume next years will include a lot from this series.

4 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Was waiting for someone to start.  Just a lot of eye candy to me.  Every scene is just way drawn out to soak up screen time instead of advancing a story.  I like Asoka but it feels like she is more just a side-kick to Sabine (who I don't like).  Don't care for the green girl either "I'm a general".  Seems Disney is just really intent on their girl power agenda that it feels forced.  Part of that feeling may be poor acting but there are plenty of movies/shows featuring women in strong positions of power that I don't think anything of.  Three guys in the show with them being very limited (two stupid and one just stoic).

Opening scene:  hmmmmmmm, here's a ship we don't recognize, a code that isn't used anymore and Jedi we thought extinct.  I know, lets "call their bluff" and bring them on board.  Great idea.

Factory Scene:  Here we have another guy who supposedly is in charge of this huge operation but really he is just an idiot, easily out-smarted by "the general". 

Disney has so much money and resources to really make something great so what they put out is really disappointing.  Beautiful sets and camera panning but that's really the big extent of their movies.  Personally I'd rather have less eye candy and better actors, dialogue and more actual action.

Watched both. All i remember is lots of dramatic cartoon/game like poses in every beginning of fight, so unrealistic, really takes me out of the scene. C'mon Ahsoka, no one is taking photos of how cool you look when pulling out the lightsabers..... and that lightsaber attack on sabine, as if we are expected to believe the sith pierced her and pulled her saber out exactly in the same motion?? There had to have been some lateral horizontal swipe...

And too much woman jedi, Disney going overboard as usual....

wow so much negativity.  Are you surprised that Disney is not trying to have more female leading characters?  It's not been a secret agenda of theirs for the last 10 years or so.

Personally, I like the "iconic" poses before battle.  Reminds me of the classic ninja and hand-to-hand combat movies of the 80s and early 90's.  It's any every movie that has significant fighting especially duels.  Be sure to complain about when Megan Fox poses in Expendables 4 in a few weeks.

As for the perfect piercing of Sabine without damaging any vital organs.  GI Joe fans may recall when Snake-Eyes did precisely the same to Scarlett in the 90's comic series when ninja's were everywhere.

"Green Girl"?  Seriously?  Did you never watch the Rebel's cartoon?  If not then maybe you need to binge so you know all the background of Lothar, Chopper, Kanan, Zeb, Sabine, Ezra.  My only complaint is the actress maybe appear to be too young to be Hera after the rebellion won since this is probably 10 years after the second Death Star was destroyed and the Empire collapsed. (You should have been complaining that a galactic empire fell apart after one battle that killed the leader but hundreds planets were still garrisoned by imperial forces that could have continued to combat the rebellion for decades, see Robot Chicken's sketch on it)

I liked the opening scene, a smug new republic ship captain thinking he is about to capture some imperial insurgents in a stolen Jedi shuttle.  Jedi have been unseen by most for a decade, most or even all of the crew may have never seen a Jedi in person.  Shin's expressionless face as she takes the bridge easily was great.  I love that she has the traditional padawan hair braid.  Baylan is a traditionalist although now a mercenary seeking power.

Factory scene.  I wanted Hera or Ahsoka to ask the manager who his clients are now after he expressed his loyalty is to whomever lines his pockets, essentially.  That simple question could have unraveled the scheme before waiting for a protocol droid to cause it all to unravel. Why are so many random desk jockey's carrying blasters in the SW universe.  I want to carry a pistol to my office everyday too!

Love the "arms crossed" logo.  I remarked in another forum about how I wonder if that is an attempt to hide Rosario's well developed figure since Ahoska had a much more "athletic" build in the cartoons. The hooded cape hides her ample figure too.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, cardensb said:

wow so much negativity.  Are you surprised that Disney is not trying to have more female leading characters?  It's not been a secret agenda of theirs for the last 10 years or so.

Yeah well theyve been getting lots of backlash especially with the new snow white controversy, and dave filoni in mandalorian didnt go nuts with it so I had hopes.

56 minutes ago, cardensb said:

Personally, I like the "iconic" poses before battle.  Reminds me of the classic ninja and hand-to-hand combat movies of the 80s and early 90's.  It's any every movie that has significant fighting especially duels.  Be sure to complain about when Megan Fox poses in Expendables 4 in a few weeks.

I like them too, just only in cartoons and games. The hero pose is just too fake and too meta. Do you guys really like the silly poses each and every time they pull out a weapon? I guess I could handle it if it was on specific dramatic occasions, but no, the hero MUST get into selfie mode before risking life...its just too phony for me.

Edited by Bricklectic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...