What do you do?

BigEZ96

Park Ranger, work at a 4,400 acre wilderness park (love my job more then Lego believe it or not). Got my undergrad in political science then decided to go a different route.

That sounds like a dream job to me. Those jobs are few and far between out here though and everyone wants em.

Park Ranger, work at a 4,400 acre wilderness park (love my job more then Lego believe it or not). Got my undergrad in political science then decided to go a different route.

That's awesome. I road-tripped America last year for 75 days and hit up about 15 NP's on my way. Also went to see a game in all 30 MLB Stadiums. I grew a new appreciation for NPs.

That's awesome. I road-tripped America last year for 75 days and hit up about 15 NP's on my way. Also went to see a game in all 30 MLB Stadiums. I grew a new appreciation for NPs.

I've been to about 7 stadiums. Care to raw k them? Maybe with briefs notes? And I work in law enforcement in a resort town. If you have ever seen a mouse pad that's what I do... I deal primarily with teenagers who like the booze and blow.

In 2009 I did this, but my trip was only 30 days. Awesome ride, though. I hit up 7 or 8 NPs, Wrigley stadium for a Cubs game, Mount Rushmore, the Grand Canyon, Vegas, and Lake Tahoe, just to name a few highlights.

That sounds like a dream job to me. Those jobs are few and far between out here though and everyone wants em.

It's definitely a dream job, took a lot of hard work and dedication to get it. Back when I got hired the application was only open for 48 hours and 650 people applied, so very competitive.

Maverick2k1 - Park Ranger, work at a 4,400 acre wilderness park (love my job more then Lego believe it or not). Got my undergrad in political science then decided to go a different route.

Park Ranger is pretty cool, my Grandfather was one of the first Park Rangers in the Grand Canyon. My mother spent from three to five years old living in a cave on the North Rim while they were building the cabins for the rangers to live in! The mouth of the cave was boarded up with one window and one door. She has lots of great stories about life there. We actually have a picture of her as a five year old with her pets - a porcupine, a rattlesnake (raised by her, not defanged) and a tarantula spider.

I work at a LEGO store and spread false rumors about items going EOL. Just kidding. I sell industrial hardware in my spare time. Majority of time is on my EBAY store selling LEGO.

A lego store employee just told me two hours ago that they were done making Jabba's Palace and would never make another one. There were 10 on the shelf. :)

Park Ranger is pretty cool, my Grandfather was one of the first Park Rangers in the Grand Canyon. My mother spent from three to five years old living in a cave on the North Rim while they were building the cabins for the rangers to live in! The mouth of the cave was boarded up with one window and one door. She has lots of great stories about life there. We actually have a picture of her as a five year old with her pets - a porcupine, a rattlesnake (raised by her, not defanged) and a tarantula spider.great story! I'm a County Ranger so no National Parks in my future. I've only been to the south rim of the Grand Canyon.

Oh yeah right, and I'm a high class male stripper. :PI do that too... Wow. That must be some dream job. A Navy Seal stripper.

Watch out ladies, he'll storm your shores! xD

A lego store employee just told me two hours ago that they were done making Jabba's Palace and would never make another one. There were 10 on the shelf. :)

Not to sound rude but It will be a cold day in heck before I ever believe what a Lego Store employee says. I quess like a broken clock they can be right at least once in a while.

I remember one time a non-Lego store employee saying that they were expecting to receive some item before schedule and everyone else. Three to four weeks later and they still did not have it. :-S

Assistant Director/Outdoor Grounds Manager at University of Nebraska. I manage all the grounds the students use for sports, ala intramurals, sports clubs, or just plain screwing around. I have 2 campuses, a baseball complex, and an Outdoor Adventures complex under my belt. It's a lot of fun, but damn, 25,000 students get under your skin FAST. I'm very much looking forward to semester ending in 2 weeks.

• 2 months later...

Just stumbled upon this thread and enjoyed reading about everyones careers. I know I'm a bit late, but here's my sordid background:

I practiced law for seven yrs, had a kid, decided i wanted to practice medicine, went back to school to do my pre-med work, decided my son needed more, not less, of my time, gave up my medical career dreams, and now I am a glorified taxi driver for my son and his friends and I invest in Legos because it is fun, more intellectually stimulating than laundry, and it is way to earn some income while still being a full time mom.