Insane 1,000+ Pound Lot from California

JoshTX

I have seen this posting on Craigslist a couple of times late last year. I guess no local buyer or offers were too low for him to accept. Before his posting on CL, there was another guy who was selling almost as much Lego located in Pacifica (south of San Francisco, CA) for much less (I believe asking price for the lot was $10k). This one got sold after a week or so. Believe me, there are a handful of avid AFOLs in the San Francisco/Bay Area who have amassed more than 1k pounds of Lego, but I would still weigh ALL the Lego just to be sure.

My boss and I were thinking about going in halfsies on this. What kind of return do you think we could see if we part it out and stick it on BL?

I think you will be spending way too much time finding out what sets you can find, even though he has listed some of the sets that he has. Unless you just plan on selling them on eBay in lots of say 15 pounds, it's too much work for my taste. Imagine looking through 1,000 lbs for one piece. It's hard enough looking for one in 10 lbs.