10316 - The Lord of the Rings: RIVENDELL

47 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

very nice botanical - esque tree in the background.  However appealing the roof may be, it looks like a PITA to construct. 

image.png.e8ccc8e4e348e8d307aa4d76f4ce746b.png

Ugh, that roof alignment will be tuff and getting all those Hot Dog pieces straight on those chairs is always a challenge. 

ETA: and look at the printed tile flooring:

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

As a diehard Tolkien fan I think I am most impressed with the detail and the unique weapon molds. New sword for Boromir, new axe mold for Gimli, and Narsil is just a chef’s kiss.

Another cool element is while the figures are all amazing, and 15 are included, there are at least another 4 elf “statue” figures.

Day 1 buy for me easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Unionize Pokemart said:

Why? It would of been worth so much more, also kind of rewarding to get something exclusive if you are interested enough to plop down the $500 for the set. 

because he can wait and buy it later and not fear missing out on an exclusive GWP if he isn't ready to fork $500

• Like 4

I suppose but if it is a money thing, you could buy now and an exclusive set would be a much bigger rebate on the price if you were willing to sell it. LOR stuff has had some pretty crazy appreciation on it, I wouldn't be surprised if an exclusive GWP could fetch you $50+ aftermarket had they done it, which is a nice 10% off the price.

• Like 1

Has Lego reached its limits with this set? Look how far it has come in 10 years. I think with the ability to design sets with computers, create new elements, and unlimited price points we may never see the pinnacle, well at least not in my lifetime. I still like the classic plain square bricks and plates but this set is stunning. Hopefully I can use a 1X6 or 8 and a 1x1 to form a border and get the roof tiles perfectly straight so you get the desired effect. It will be interesting to see the reviews of people that bought it but can't get it to look like the Lego enhanced images. And that new Fern element is just unreal.

thumbnail_IMG_0789.jpg

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 2