71033 - Minifigures - The Muppets

brickvoyeur

On 5/19/2022 at 10:59 AM, Darth_Raichu said:

No.  The boxes are identical down to the code.

I cannot see a scenario where LEGO would benefit from telling the difference between these boxes

There is a way you can tell and it's been 100% accurate for us thus far....

Box A weighs 108.8 grams and contains figures 1,2,3,6,7,9 (based on insert)

Box B weighs 110.0 grams and contains figures 4,5,8,10,11,12

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SleepingGiant said:

using an Accutek scale I am getting inconsistent weights, but definitely seems to be some heavier boxes than others ( based on the 4 boxes I ordered from LEGO Shop at Home)

On 5/24/2022 at 11:17 AM, SleepingGiant said:

Received two boxes from Target and both are exactly 118 grams each. Was hoping they wouldn't match so I could have a full set. Crap.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

These have been hard to find in store here in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay). I hit four stores and only one had them in stock. I bought all eight and only had one dupe (Swedish Chef). No animal though...that's the one I want the most. 

I'd be happy to grab any Animals that I find.  Ironically I was at Walgreens yesterday and they had 2 packs on the peg.  Both were Animal.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

I'd be happy to grab any Animals that I find.  Ironically I was at Walgreens yesterday and they had 2 packs on the peg.  Both were Animal.

I appreciate the offer, but "shipping kills the deal". haha   Seriously, thanks though. I'm sure I'll find him eventually.

On 5/19/2022 at 9:55 PM, scratchdesk said:

Ok, had a little time this evening.  Most manufacturers have some sort of markings on the box to help identify the product.  Muppets appears to as well.

I weighed the 6 boxes that I have of the 6 packs
4 weighed 120-121 grams 
2 weighed 116-117 grams

Coincidently the bottom of the boxes have a number on them.

The 120-121 gram boxes have number 127759-204
The 116-117 gram boxes have number 127759-203

I have no intention of opening these but curious if others can chime in on what boxes they have and what characters came with which codes.

IMG_1571.jpeg

I bought 4 boxes from Amazon and they are:

2x127759-209
2x127759-203

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Be aware if you order the 6 packs of these from Walmart, you will likely just get 6 randoms, no box. I ordered 2 boxes of 6 to qualify for a promo and they just sent me 12 random bags in a padded envelope. So even if I changed my mind I cant return them, because the 6 pack UPC and item number/SKU is what my invoice shows, not the one on the singles.  At least I got a pretty good mix, but I would have preferred 6 different in a box, as shown on their site.

17 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Question for those of you that bought the 6 pack boxes and opened them?  Did any of you get duplicates, or are they six different random figures every time?  

The 3 boxes I ordered from Target had the .203 code on bottom of all 3 boxes and all 3 contained 6 different figures in each box (but each box assortment was identical: Animal, Piggy, Kermit, Bunson, Rowlf, Fozzie)

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 8:44 PM, fossilrock said:

Question for those of you that bought the 6 pack boxes and opened them?  Did any of you get duplicates, or are they six different random figures every time?  

Different theme obviously, but I thought of this question as I opened two boxes of the new Series 23 last night from Target. I pulled 11 of the 12 between the two boxes which was great, but I was surprised to get one duplicate pair from the same box. 

On 9/8/2022 at 12:31 PM, legorunner said:

Different theme obviously, but I thought of this question as I opened two boxes of the new Series 23 last night from Target. I pulled 11 of the 12 between the two boxes which was great, but I was surprised to get one duplicate pair from the same box. 

I've been having the worst luck ordering through lego.com.  I ordered 16 muppets when they first came out.  From those, 8 of them were duplicates.  Just ordered 8 Series 23, and 4 of them were duplicates.  I might try buying a box next time. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fossilrock said:

I've been having the worst luck ordering through lego.com.  I ordered 16 muppets when they first came out.  From those, 8 of them were duplicates.  Just ordered 8 Series 23, and 4 of them were duplicates.  I might try buying a box next time. 

I don't think you are alone here. No doubt this was part of the marketing scheme behind the decision to get rid of foil bags.  Not just part of the 'go green' initiative, but to mainly to drive sales. In order for the average customer to get a full set, they will need to buy more.🤑 📈 

Its a hard pill to swallow once you get the feeling of being 'nickeled & dimed'.  A pill that will no doubt push some out of the hobby. Quality has always been a priority and reason for the premium.  But with all the mold marks, off centered misprints, clutch problems and QC issues in the past few years as Lego expands, its taking a toll. 

Personally, collecting CMFs was fun to start.  The amount of new & printed parts CMF's have introduced cannot be stressed enough.  However, then came the price increases, multiple series per year, and now the new packaging.   Smooshing was part of the fun for me. (I get how this can be not so fun for some)  I am sucker for some of the licensed CMFs (like Disney 1&2, Looney tunes and Muppets) But this new packaging was the nail in the coffin for me.     ⚰️

*quietly steps off soapbox and returns to cave*