71033 - Minifigures - The Muppets

brickvoyeur

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

if, certain characters are more valued and IF you were looking to resell in the future after it appreciates a lot...then any prospective buyers would be suspicious that the packs were not smooshed already and cherry picked.  that's my point.  the issue is only if resell and if certain characters are more valued.

OK I understand your point. Like I said previously it would be better if they used Lego tape or seals, maybe something with that anti-tamper feature.

We were very surprised that the Muppets boxes came to us without a bottom on the box. We put tape on the bottom of the single boxes before we shipped them out, so they wouldn’t fall out of the boxes (even though they are securely fastened in). We did not want to delay getting the boxes out to everyone, so the tape was our best quick option.  

We sent them in the factory sealed "as is" condition, but it is not what they have done in the past. As stated, it was certainly a shift coming from the factory from what it has been in the past! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hi, I think you did the best job possibly given the unforeseen circumstances.

If I may offer a suggestion going forward especially if this is the new “norm” of Lego using thinner corrugated factory boxes for CMFs .

Please don’t slap the postage label directly to the Lego CMF box. My box was damaged during USPS transit. Not your fault. I would gladly pay more if you can use an actual shipping box. Again, thanks for helping Brickpickers.

45 minutes ago, MinifiguresPlus said:

We were very surprised that the Muppets boxes came to us without a bottom on the box. We put tape on the bottom of the single boxes before we shipped them out, so they wouldn’t fall out of the boxes (even though they are securely fastened in). We did not want to delay getting the boxes out to everyone, so the tape was our best quick option.  

We sent them in the factory sealed "as is" condition, but it is not what they have done in the past. As stated, it was certainly a shift coming from the factory from what it has been in the past! 

• Like 2

Just my 2 cents worth: Since I use these complete boxes to smoosh one full set for myself and 2 full sets for resale, I don't care about box condition and am fine with the way these were shipped by @MinifiguresPlus . Only risk would be if the seals came loose during shipping and the bags would end up on the street - for that it would be acceptable to me to just have a plastic wrapping around the box (shrinkwrap or just a plastic bag) with the label on it.

• Like 2

Have you guys shipped sets yet? I’m guessing not yet, but wanted to double check.

10 hours ago, Phil B said:

Multiple people on Reddit have also confirmed that they ordered 2 6-packs from Amazon or LEGO and got the full complement of 12 different characters. Not everyone, but it definitely happens more than just for @Darth_Raichu

Wonder if there is a way to tell from a code on the box?

I get smooshing to get a complete set for yourself, but don't quite get the point of doing it for resale purposes. People want a specific figure, how much more are they willing to pay for a sealed MF versus an opened one? Is the difference worth your labor? I don't do much in the MF department but I would cut the top, peek inside, and throw it all in another bag for resale. 

11 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

I get smooshing to get a complete set for yourself, but don't quite get the point of doing it for resale purposes. People want a specific figure, how much more are they willing to pay for a sealed MF versus an opened one? Is the difference worth your labor? I don't do much in the MF department but I would cut the top, peek inside, and throw it all in another bag for resale. 

Sealed bag is the ultimate guarantee that the figure is a) genuine b) mint c) original . It's a small difference and might not be relevant for a lot of buyers, but the smooshing doesn't take me much time, is a fun activity for the brain, and I've had success selling sealed identified bags in the past.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

I sell sealed minifigures and I think they command a slight premium over one that has been opened (even discreetly). I think some of these buyers might be giving them as gifts to friends where the receiver is pleasantly surprised that the figure in the sealed bag is what the giver says or hints at. 

As for being worth my labor, I love smooshing. It's challenging and fun at the same time. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

LEGO have significantly reduced the challenge for CMF packs over the past 3 years.  The Mario packs on the other hand.... ;)

You have a point there. The newer series have unique accessories and head molds, so yeah, not as challenging now when compared to the earlier series. 

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I'm assuming there's no chase figure in this series; any bets on which fig gets valued more...I'm thinking Kermit as he's the most popular

My feeling is Animal will command a premium.  Kermit, Gonzo, Ms Piggy and Beeker will be second tier.

Just to be clear to users here and fair to the seller I bought from on Ebay, my original post was not to throw the seller under the bus. I copied the title description to avoid typing it, I didn't know it would hyper link to the listing. I don't post here a lot so I don't know all the post techniques. I purposely left the seller name out of my text.  I have not filed a claim or given bad ratings on feedback or complained to the seller.

The purpose of the post was to find out if this is the way Lego now send "sealed cases" or if the seller had uniquely packaged the "sealed set" in this fashion themselves, as it looked like a Lego carton cut in half and two sets separated and sent out in their Lego carton. And I specifically asked the forum if anyone bought 2 or more sealed kits so I would know my assumption of carton cut in half was true. I chose to ask the forum as opposed to asking the seller for obvious reasons.

I further elaborated on the packing as to fill in what lodibrick's pictures may not show so to advise people who also have not bought a "sealed set" as to how they may now possibly be produced and shipped by Lego. I also assumed lodibricks may have bought his set from the same seller on ebay so my elaborate description was to illicit a reply from others to either "yes, that's how Lego makes them now" or "no, I ordered 20 sets of these and they come 2 sets sealed in a carton not as lodibricks pics and your description"

My intention was to sell the sealed case later in the future. When I took the cardboard cover off I expected the minfigs to be sealed in their own box as the older series were the last time I bought a sealed case, but instead by removing the cardboard they are open to be ready used for retail display.

I didn't know and that was the reason for my post. lodibricks was helpful with pics  and the seller themselves when they replied to the topic. Thank you both lodibricks and Minifigures+

17 hours ago, donbee said:

What is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right" Sorry, that made me think of Airplane.

I suppose answering this may not matter now hearing that the other 6 are out there...
image.thumb.png.2ad45af1fa2e868c36d2a7ac9b54ae40.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

"It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right" Sorry, that made me think of Airplane.

I suppose answering this may not matter now hearing that the other 6 are out there...
image.thumb.png.2ad45af1fa2e868c36d2a7ac9b54ae40.png

that was why I was wondering if the boxes had different codes on them, 1 designating this six figures and 1 for the other 6. Its seems like those are the only 2 options as the figs are not random in the boxes.

Edited by melting

25 minutes ago, melting said:

that was why I was wondering if the boxes had different codes on them, 1 designating this six figures and 1 for the other 6. Its seems like those are the only 2 options as the figs are not random in the boxes.

Weight would be one way to tell them apart if there are in-fact only 2 versions of the boxes.  But we would need a larger sampling to see if they changed the 6 inserted characters per 6-box.

• Like 1

Ok, had a little time this evening.  Most manufacturers have some sort of markings on the box to help identify the product.  Muppets appears to as well.

I weighed the 6 boxes that I have of the 6 packs
4 weighed 120-121 grams 
2 weighed 116-117 grams

Coincidently the bottom of the boxes have a number on them.

The 120-121 gram boxes have number 127759-204
The 116-117 gram boxes have number 127759-203

I have no intention of opening these but curious if others can chime in on what boxes they have and what characters came with which codes.

IMG_1571.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

Ok, had a little time this evening.  Most manufacturers have some sort of markings on the box to help identify the product.  Muppets appears to as well.

I weighed the 6 boxes that I have of the 6 packs
4 weighed 120-121 grams 
2 weighed 116-117 grams

Coincidently the bottom of the boxes have a number on them.

The 120-121 gram boxes have number 127759-204
The 116-117 gram boxes have number 127759-203

I have no intention of opening these but curious if others can chime in on what boxes they have and what characters came with which codes.

IMG_1571.jpeg

The 2 boxes I opened had the same code ending with 203 and each had different figures.

I didn't weigh my boxes, but I bet the heavier boxes have Animal+Kermit+Miss Piggy in them 

37 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

The 2 boxes I opened had the same code ending with 203 and each had different figures.

I didn't weigh my boxes, but I bet the heavier boxes have Animal+Kermit+Miss Piggy in them 

Did your two boxes have a complete set between them?  Or were there duplicates?