71033 - Minifigures - The Muppets

brickvoyeur

19 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

But now you only need 12 pockets in your custom basket.  Let's face it, the 16 or 20 pockets basket looks awkward even for Walmart. :P

I remember it being hard to locate a 16 pocket basket for that pic.  12 is much easier to find.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, lodibricks said:

Most interesting box. I was like, "wait...the shipping box is the lid to the actual box?" Not sure what to think of this new design.

yeah with the label stuck right to the top. it held up well shipping though.

34 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

Just a visual aid for those wondering what in the world I was talking about.

PXL_20220517_204723512.thumb.jpg.332dfd401f05cf7f38aac80c8446a868.jpg

17 hours ago, lodibricks said:

Most interesting box. I was like, "wait...the shipping box is the lid to the actual box?" Not sure what to think of this new design.

17 hours ago, lodibricks said:

This new design was certainly a surprise to us!! We put a small piece of tape on the bottom of the box as we did not want to risk the inner box coming out, but it seems to be sturdy!!PXL_20220517_204738440.thumb.jpg.222276a748680421aab2494e0e65c8f7.jpg

It's makes it very hard to sell a sealed box unless it's in the original sealed shipping box from Lego. It will be less problematic selling in the aftermarket as opened figures and individuals  packs then trying to sell as a factory sealed set.

1 hour ago, Thanos75 said:

It's makes it very hard to sell a sealed box unless it's in the original sealed shipping box from Lego. It will be less problematic selling in the aftermarket as opened figures and individuals  packs then trying to sell as a factory sealed set.

I wish the box had Lego seals on it, not just clear tape. 

22 hours ago, lodibricks said:

Just a visual aid for those wondering what in the world I was talking about.

PXL_20220517_204723512.thumb.jpg.332dfd401f05cf7f38aac80c8446a868.jpg

PXL_20220517_204738440.thumb.jpg.222276a748680421aab2494e0e65c8f7.jpg

I bought on ebay

"LEGO The Muppets Sealed Case of 36 Collectible Minifigures 71033 - PRE ORDER"

that came exactly like you pictured, just the cardboard Lego shipping box to "seal' the set. Also the seller did not put the case inside his own shipping box, but instead shipped it exactly like your pictures. The case only had Lego cardboard around 5 of the 6 sides with the bottom being the  retail display itself held onto the Lego shipping box by one strip of packing tape.  As soon as taken from the Lego shipping box the display case for the 36 figs appears as it would on a retail shelf.. I too was shocked by this method having not bought series figs in a very long time. 

Having bought only 1 case my initial thought was that the reseller cut the Lego carton shipping box in half and shipped two full sets separately inside half a Lego carton. Has anyone bought 2 or more cases that can deny or confirm?

Thank you lodibricks for posting your pics. I'm lazy and had hoped my fears were unfounded about buying an opened case. A person might think it's easy for a reseller to open those cases up and re-tape the bottom but that Lego cardboard shipping container was glued to the retail mini fig box with instructions printed on the outside of the Lego carton on how to remove the retail box. The little finger flap you see on the right of lodibrick's pic is where it was glued to the retail box

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Average Guy said:

I bought on ebay

"LEGO The Muppets Sealed Case of 36 Collectible Minifigures 71033 - PRE ORDER"

that came exactly like you pictured, just the cardboard Lego shipping box to "seal' the set. Also the seller did not put the case inside his own shipping box, but instead shipped it exactly like your pictures. The case only had Lego cardboard around 5 of the 6 sides with the bottom being the  retail display itself held onto the Lego shipping box by one strip of packing tape.  As soon as taken from the Lego shipping box the display case for the 36 figs appears as it would on a retail shelf.. I too was shocked by this method having not bought series figs in a very long time. 

Having bought only 1 case my initial thought was that the reseller cut the Lego carton shipping box in half and shipped two full sets separately inside half a Lego carton. Has anyone bought 2 or more cases that can deny or confirm?

Thank you lodibricks for posting your pics. I'm lazy and had hoped my fears were unfounded about buying an opened case. A person might think it's easy for a reseller to open those cases up and re-tape the bottom but that Lego cardboard shipping container was glued to the retail mini fig box with instructions printed on the outside of the Lego carton on how to remove the retail box. The little finger flap you see on the right of lodibrick's pic is where it was glued to the retail box

On a more positive note... A collector will pay 20% more for a sealed shipping box of minifigures versus a completely sealed inner box only. Depends on your end game I guess. LEGO is doing a big sustainability push and I wouldn't doubt that this move is part of it. Retailers probably don't care because this thing is getting ripped up and put on a shelf or dumped in a bin when it hits the store.

5 hours ago, melting said:

I wish the box had Lego seals on it, not just clear tape. 

might be better to opt for the box of 6...the price is equivalent and they come in LEGO sealed boxes.

not knowing if, in the future, specific characters will be more popular than others...it's a real issue with any un-open pack resell for a product that can be smooshed.  I am ALWAYS weary of the 
"unsearched" description in ebay ads.

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

might be better to opt for the box of 6...the price is equivalent and they come in LEGO sealed boxes.

not knowing if, in the future, specific characters will be more popular than others...it's a real issue with any un-open pack resell for a product that can be smooshed.  I am ALWAYS weary of the 
"unsearched" description in ebay ads.

My box was pre-ordered from Minifigures+ so the price was right and no need to be weary.

8 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

One of my figs from minifigures plus was in a sealed mini ziplock. The rest are still sealed.

Not a big deal but kinda odd. Anyone else receive the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll let you know when I open them. I haven't opened like my last 8 sets I've received. I have a bad habit of just throwing them in a box. lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

Thought it was interesting that the 6-pack has multiple reviews saying the distribution is the same, so you couldn't get a complete set if that's true (from 6-packs alone).

Either that is bad intel or I am the luckiest guy in the world :P

You made me open 2x 6-pack boxes and I got a complete set.

ETA: I cannot see any difference between the 2 boxes. :dontknow:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

Thought it was interesting that the 6-pack has multiple reviews saying the distribution is the same, so you couldn't get a complete set if that's true (from 6-packs alone).

6 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Either that is bad intel or I am the luckiest guy in the world :P

You made me open 2x 6-pack boxes and I got a complete set.

ETA: I cannot see any difference between the 2 boxes. :dontknow:

Multiple people on Reddit have also confirmed that they ordered 2 6-packs from Amazon or LEGO and got the full complement of 12 different characters. Not everyone, but it definitely happens more than just for @Darth_Raichu

• Like 1

5 hours ago, melting said:

My box was pre-ordered from Minifigures+ so the price was right and no need to be weary.

if, certain characters are more valued and IF you were looking to resell in the future after it appreciates a lot...then any prospective buyers would be suspicious that the packs were not smooshed already and cherry picked.  that's my point.  the issue is only if resell and if certain characters are more valued.