Are you kidding me? Newest complaint about an eBay seller.

Legodog

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good! Hopefully others will read this and stay away from this guy. What a horrible person!!

Yes, imagine if a 7 year old kid got to it first! If he had cut himself on accident or something, I would be extremely angry, no, enraged, at the seller and keep contacting eBay customer service until he was banned!

He is trying to offer me 7 free minifigures to close the case. I think he is completely missing the point. When I first contacted him I gave him the opportunity to respond in a recpectful and appologetic way. As you can see there was none of that and this isn't something 7 minifigs is going to fix at this point. Anyway I have wasted enough time on this idiot. I will mail him back his mega blocks and piece of glass and he can do with it as he pleases :) Just for anyone who is interested this was my message to him that prompted his response. "I received the package. First of all it was very dirty. No big deal because my wife and I planned to clean them anyway. The bigger concern is all the trash that was in the box and all the non LEGO brand pieces. We found paperclips, popsicle sticks, a button, candy wrappers and even a broken piece of glass. Plus just a quick sort and we found about 50 non LEGO brand blocks. Mega blocks and Tyco both. You stated in the auction these were LEGO brand. I am sending you a photo showing what we found so far and we are far from done sorting it. I expect a response right away."

Good! Hopefully others will read this and stay away from this guy. What a horrible person!!

Yes, imagine if a 7 year old kid got to it first! If he had cut himself on accident or something, I would be extremely angry, no, enraged, at the seller and keep contacting eBay customer service until he was banned!

Exactly, had someone cut themselves this would have been more than an eBay case, and rather a lawsuit.

Exactly, had someone cut themselves this would have been more than an eBay case, and rather a lawsuit.

This was my first thought as well. Had my son gone digging through the box and cut himself on a piece of glass, the lawsuit would have been in the mail the same day. Screw Paypal, he would be paying big time. I have had a certain level of trash with just about every lot like this I have ever bought. I have come to expect it. I have had the same stuff, paper clips, wrappers, the usual, but never shrapnel.

Since the guy is obviously trying to cover his butt by sending stuff after having the chance to deal with this professionally, I would definitely put the screws to him. The feedback and subsequent "not as described" claim against him should open his eyes. Hopefully you can nail him for return shipping as well so really get to him.

I am not surprised what you went through because I personally have encountered quite a few, especially damaged lego box (no matter how I "beg" them to pack the lego box properly and have it protected, some sellers still do not give a d****. And so far, all those sellers who PACK the lego box POORLY resulting in damaged box BEHAVE POORLY TOO! I don't know why and how that is connected so well each time. I always send them messages indicating the item was damage before leaving feedback. All of them quickly slash out "if you don't like the item, send it back for full refund". Their attitude is the same. Just wonder why. Either they do not want to take the responsibility or they don't care. Funny thing is they all boast they have 100% positive feedback. I would say most of the ebay sellers were good, especially when comes to packaging the lego box. That shows how much they care about the business. It is a terrible experience. But when it happens frequently, I start feeling numb.

This guys attitude is rubbish. If he has 80lb it does look like that he has poured it into 8 10lb boxes without sorting/cleaning etc... Which is fine. It contains some rubbish... which is fine. It contains a piece of glass... which was probably an accident, it may have been dropped into the box by a child many years ago. HOWEVER. When he was told of the glass issue the FIRST thing he should have done was offer his abject apologies, especially given that it may have been a child opening the box. Based on that issue alone he should have asked do you want to return the goods in case there was any more. I regards to the Mega bloks etc... I tend to be a little more lenient. I run to the 'Let the Buyer Beware' attitude unless it is obviously mis-described. Usually you can tell from the description whether a seller knows what they are selling. Sometimes its obviously grandparents selling off the children's or grandchildren's collection that has been in the loft for decades. Good sellers say they have removed all the non-lego bricks. But if this seller is saying that anything that looks like Lego must be Lego, then that is another black mark against him. Megabloks are given away but the fact they look rubbish and they have MegaBloks written on them.

I just had to post this because I am amazed that people think they can do business on eBay like this. So I bought 10lbs of random Lego bricks from a seller on eBay last week. He listed them with the following text.

"Selling a 10lb lot of LEGO building blocks and pieces. Comes from a smoke free home. Shipping only to the Continental United States. Items are in good condition as shown in the picture provided. Serious bidders only!

All LEGO Brand. Pieces of mini-figures included, not whole. Arms, Legs, Hands, Heads... just not put together. You may be able to put 3-10 minifigures together from the parts."

Anyway I got the box yesterday and the first thing my wife and I decided to do is wash them because they were filthy. As we were dumping them in to the sink there was all kinds of trash in the box along with the pieces. So we pulled out the trash and started looking through them. We got to about 50 mega blocks and tyco brand blocks before we stopped sorting and realized that this guy just threw whatever in the box and listed them as LEGO brand. But what really made me mad is when we found a broken piece of glass in the box with the pieces. Seriously with a "toy" you don't sort it enough to make sure there isn't broken glass mixed in. I immediately went to eBay and contacted the seller and nicely explained everything we found in the box. This is his response.

"Don't know what to tell you. Sold six boxes of LEGOS and no one else got glass. Probably just got a bad box. As for those non-LEGO pieces, they look like LEGO to me. I'm not a professional LEGO seller or builder, I just sold my nephews LEGOS that he didn't want anymore. I never said they were brand new LEGOS. They were used LEGO pieces, that came from a smoke free home. There might be some random trash or other little toys, but that is because they came from a large box of LEGOS. Took out most of the trash from the box, regardless small pieces are bound to be found in there. You try sorting through 80lbs of LEGOS. It's hella time consuming. I'm sure the trash you got didn't weigh more than a pound, so you still got around 10lbs of LEGOS.I don't know what you want me to do to remedy the situation. Won't be giving a refund, and don't accept returns. I could send you a couple (4-5) of random minifigures if you want. Let me know."

Legodog, one of those pieces in your picture I am pretty sure is Lego.

Its the brown one with two holes in it. I think its part of the Bionicle or Technic range.

Legodog, one of those pieces in your picture I am pretty sure is Lego.

Its the brown one with two holes in it. I think its part of the Bionicle or Technic range.

It could be. I would have to look again. This is just a smalll sample of what is in the lot. If I bothered to keep sorting it I am sure we could find 10 times what is shown in the photo. The blocks in the photo either said mega blocks, tyco or didn't have the word LEGO anywhere on them.

eBay responded to the case. They are paying for return shipping to send it back to this guy. He will just list it again and probably make more money from the next buyer since I feel like I got it a little lower than what it could have ended at. What a shame. There is little more I can do than the negative feedback I have already left. I am definitely putting all the trash back in the box with the exception of the piece of glass since I doubt this guy will sort these before he sells them to another person.

eBay responded to the case. They are paying for return shipping to send it back to this guy. He will just list it again and probably make more money from the next buyer since I feel like I got it a little lower than what it could have ended at. What a shame. There is little more I can do than the negative feedback I have already left. I am definitely putting all the trash back in the box with the exception of the piece of glass since I doubt this guy will sort these before he sells them to another person.

keep the penny for your trouble, though. ;)

The saga continues... So I put all the pieces back in the box they were shipped in so I can send this back. Just out of curiosity I weighed the box. It was 8lbs. This guy advertised this as 10lbs. So not only was it junk but it was 2lbs short. I wish I would have weighed it when I first got it so that I could have put this all in the complaint with eBay.