Are you kidding me? Newest complaint about an eBay seller.

Legodog

I just had to post this because I am amazed that people think they can do business on eBay like this. So I bought 10lbs of random Lego bricks from a seller on eBay last week. He listed them with the following text. "Selling a 10lb lot of LEGO building blocks and pieces. Comes from a smoke free home. Shipping only to the Continental United States. Items are in good condition as shown in the picture provided. Serious bidders only! All LEGO Brand. Pieces of mini-figures included, not whole. Arms, Legs, Hands, Heads... just not put together. You may be able to put 3-10 minifigures together from the parts." Anyway I got the box yesterday and the first thing my wife and I decided to do is wash them because they were filthy. As we were dumping them in to the sink there was all kinds of trash in the box along with the pieces. So we pulled out the trash and started looking through them. We got to about 50 mega blocks and tyco brand blocks before we stopped sorting and realized that this guy just threw whatever in the box and listed them as LEGO brand. But what really made me mad is when we found a broken piece of glass in the box with the pieces. Seriously with a "toy" you don't sort it enough to make sure there isn't broken glass mixed in. I immediately went to eBay and contacted the seller and nicely explained everything we found in the box. This is his response. "Don't know what to tell you. Sold six boxes of LEGOS and no one else got glass. Probably just got a bad box. As for those non-LEGO pieces, they look like LEGO to me. I'm not a professional LEGO seller or builder, I just sold my nephews LEGOS that he didn't want anymore. I never said they were brand new LEGOS. They were used LEGO pieces, that came from a smoke free home. There might be some random trash or other little toys, but that is because they came from a large box of LEGOS. Took out most of the trash from the box, regardless small pieces are bound to be found in there. You try sorting through 80lbs of LEGOS. It's hella time consuming. I'm sure the trash you got didn't weigh more than a pound, so you still got around 10lbs of LEGOS.I don't know what you want me to do to remedy the situation. Won't be giving a refund, and don't accept returns. I could send you a couple (4-5) of random minifigures if you want. Let me know."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I included a photo. This is everything we found just by glancing at the pile. I am sure there is a lot more and would guess about 25% are mega blocks or tyco brand or other toys and pieces. Because of the broken glass I almost feel like throwing the entire thing out. Who knows what else is mixed in there.

Totally unprofessional way to respond, I can understand some other stuff winding up in the box from some of these sales, parents who have no idea what they are doing just tossing Johnny's old toys into a box and selling them off. That is ridiculous though, especially when he claimed they are "all LEGO brand". Give the guy negative feedback and move on, we all have to sort through these bulk lots and washing them is pretty much standard, you will likely pay a premium of all the pieces are clean and 100% free of debris and non lego building bricks. I have gotten a pretty good eye for spotting the non legos in the photos, once I see a non-lego, I move on.

Totally unprofessional way to respond, I can understand some other stuff winding up in the box from some of these sales, parents who have no idea what they are doing just tossing Johnny's old toys into a box and selling them off. That is ridiculous though, especially when he claimed they are "all LEGO brand". Give the guy negative feedback and move on, we all have to sort through these bulk lots and washing them is pretty much standard, you will likely pay a premium of all the pieces are clean and 100% free of debris and non lego building bricks. I have gotten a pretty good eye for spotting the non legos in the photos, once I see a non-lego, I move on.

I contacted him first and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and let him respond before negative feedback. As soon as I read his response I left the feedback. I have purchased about 5 different bulk lots over the past couple weeks and completely understand we are going to be washing and sorting. The knock-off brands don't bother me as I know some people don't know the difference and my wife and I just sort them out. But to have a broken piece of glass in the box. In a box of "toys". That is completely out of line. Even at that I still gave him a chance to respond and was completely shocked with his response.

I think your title pretty much sums up my thoughts, the fact that he even comes out and complains to you about sorting through the legos is absurd, I almost think you should file a SNAD for this bozo, ebay is so buyer friendly, it wouldn't surprise me if they refunded all or part of your purchase without his consent.

Im furious today too with ebay. Someone left me a negative feedback because I cancled the purchase and refunded them ther emoney. They left me negative feedback saying "sell won't sell to me". He was an unregistered user and had 0 feedback. If ebay doe snot correct this I am done with them on poricipal. They always take the buyers side but I think I might win this one.

How much did you pay for the item? and I understand being upset about the glass it would upset me also. I bought a few earlier this year and they did have allot offbrands. But on another thought I was thinking of making a Thread" what did you find in your lego bulk" with pictures. I have found some really cool items little toys and such which kinda make me think of all those junk drawer auctions I see on ebay sometimes.

I think your title pretty much sums up my thoughts, the fact that he even comes out and complains to you about sorting through the legos is absurd, I almost think you should file a SNAD for this bozo, ebay is so buyer friendly, it wouldn't surprise me if they refunded all or part of your purchase without his consent.

What is a SNAD? I would be happy to file one on this guy for his ignorance.

How much did you pay for the item? and I understand being upset about the glass it would upset me also. I bought a few earlier this year and they did have allot offbrands.

But on another thought I was thinking of making a Thread" what did you find in your lego bulk" with pictures. I have found some really cool items little toys and such which kinda make me think of all those junk drawer auctions I see on ebay sometimes.

I paid $55+ shipping. I'm not too upset about the knockoff brands. Every lot I have bought so far has had them. Its more this guys reasoning on why they are in there. He shouldn't have listed them as "All LEGO brand" if he didn't have a clue or didn't want to go through the trouble of sorting. I'll get in on your thread. I can post everything I have found in the box so far.

It is a big deal that there were non-lego pieces in there, ESPECIALLY since he said with authority that they were all lego brand. If he didn't know, he should have said so. You need to file a complaint directly with PayPal saying the item was not as described. You are covered with buyer protection. They will refund your money. The fact that arrogant jerk said "won't be giving a refund and don't accept returns" would be reason enough for me to file complaints with PayPal and eBay... Don't wait for a response from eBay... Go straight to PayPal

I very rarely buy from anyone with less than 100 feedback. This would be why. Anyway here is the newest from this idiot after I opened a case.... "If I send you some 7 Knight or Star Wars Lego figures will you close the case? I mention sending you figures to resolve this in a previous message. They will be sent in good condition. "

Same here. I see some non-Lego in what is supposed to be a 100% Lego listing I move on too because that means the seller isn't trustworthy most of the time, IMO. I feel bad that Legodog had to go through such a terrible transaction.

"They look like legos to me."...........I don't think there's a facepalm big enough for this guy.

"Must have been a bad box.".........There's no excuse for having glass in the package. He should be banned from ebay for that. Hopefully the negative feedback destroys his business.

It will surely destroy his business if he ships glass again since he only has a feedback score of 25. Any more negative feedback and buyers will not buy from him.