10283 - Space Shuttle Discovery

Alpinemaps

From my chat with LEGO CS (US). As always, take this with a grain of salt, but disappointing if true:

Looking into your request, I found, due to unexpected circumstances, we are not able to launch the new VIP reward Ulysses Space Probe on the 1st of April. We are working hard to make it available as soon as possible and we will let you know once we do. In the meantime kindly keep a close eye on LEGO.com and the rewards center.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Porsche situation all over again? ship was stuck sideways in the canal? 

If the promo sets were produced in China, I doubt they would be routed to the US via the Suez Canal. It would be more likely for them to have been sent via the Pacific to the West Coast. There are problems there too, however, as ships are backed up waiting to be unloaded since the ports don’t have enough workers due to COVID. Of course, the Suez blockage could affect things indirectly due to a lack of empty shipping containers.

10 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Dang, another miss by Lego. Would have bought the Porsche on day-1 if the promo was available in North America and now this delay. Guess I'll just wait...

Same here. No Ulysses, no day-one purchase. Kind of sad actually. Was really looking forward to buying this on day 1. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Same here. No Ulysses, no day-one purchase. Kind of sad actually. Was really looking forward to buying this on day 1. 

Well that means more for those that just want the shuttle. Let’s be real that resellers just want the Ulysses to flip. 

40 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Dang, another miss by Lego. Would have bought the Porsche on day-1 if the promo was available in North America and now this delay. Guess I'll just wait...

Go ahead and wait. The shuttle will still sell out and be difficult to find for awhile. 

16 minutes ago, kouks said:

Is that available on the 1st?

Supposedly. 

As for the Ulysses VIP redemption, why not just make it available on 01 April but ship later once they arrive. Keep the hype going. 

Now they are just going appear randomly on Lego in a few weeks and the shuttle will be OOS or backorder.

Edited by eliminator

1 minute ago, eliminator said:

Supposedly. 

As for the Ulysses VIP redemption, why not just make it available on 01 April but ship later once they arrive. Keep the hype going. 

Now they are just going appear randomly on Lego in a few weeks and the shuttle with be OOS or backorder.

Well, that'll force us to make another purchase since we're limited to one reward redemption per purchase. Genius strategy? Who knows.