10283 - Space Shuttle Discovery

Alpinemaps

5 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Having "what if 21309 was still retired" flashbacks

Superb set

Indeed, must have! I also read that VIPs can exchange 1800 points during purchase of this set, to get an additional payload satellite model added to it. 

And yes, 21309 would literally skyrocket if it hadn't been re-released. Of course, this Space Shuttle was already in the works by then, so LEGO knew they had to re-release it to cater to the NASA / Space fans who had missed out on it and would want it still when this set would be released.

25 minutes ago, HandyHand said:

Indeed, must have! I also read that VIPs can exchange 1800 points during purchase of this set, to get an additional payload satellite model added to it. 

Yes, it is the Porsche wallet ;)

This is an amazing set.  4:50 in the video the designer says there is an Easter egg what set is that a shadow of in the background?

12 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Yes, it is the Porsche wallet ;)

This is an amazing set.  4:50 in the video the designer says there is an Easter egg what set is that a shadow of in the background?

Looks like the ISS to me, but I have no clue.

Why do they have patches on that are blurred out in the video?  Look at the "uniforms" they are wearing.  Maybe they're going to do a mission patch, like they did with the Apollo 11 set?

11 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Looks like the ISS to me, but I have no clue.

Why do they have patches on that are blurred out in the video?  Look at the "uniforms" they are wearing.  Maybe they're going to do a mission patch, like they did with the Apollo 11 set?

I thought that they said NASA and were then told that was a no go. 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/nasa-space-shuttle-discovery-10283

Edited by Pseudoty

From Brickset article:

"In addition, VIPs will be able to purchase an exclusive item with their points; an Ulysses Space Probe, available for 1,800 VIP Points, which the Space Shuttle Discovery also deployed in 1990 on a mission to scan the Sun. Limited stocks available."

1 hour ago, coelian said:

I'm thinking hard whether to buy more 60229's at RRP to ride on this space wave, fairly hard to find set which is rarely discounted.

I'd advise to steer clear. Bought a bunch from target at 90$ and could not unload for a profit. Doesnt seem to be popular and is still in stock at msrp months after peers retired.

9 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Beautiful set! A home run but I have a feeling this won't be retired for a long time. This should help 10231 rocket even higher. 

Agreed, especially since it's very close in scale to the Saturn V. 

I have 2x 10231 sets. One sealed and one built. Almost sold both of them in advance of this new set and glad I didn't! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Beautiful set! A home run but I have a feeling this won't be retired for a long time. This should help 10231 rocket even higher. 

Most likely retires in early 2024.  Tricky part is to guess when the re-release with new number is going to be, late 2024 or early 2025 ? :devil: 

• Sad 1