40450 - Amelia Earhart Tribute

7 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

Using free stuff to get more free stuff?  Are we reviving KMart threads from 2014? :)

I think most on this site are not looking at the GWP's as freebies since they are acquired by paying RRP for sets that often end up being sold at a discount from other retailers.  I.e. they are a credit to offset the RRP LEGO SAH tax.

For example, who would pay RRP for a $99 non-exclusive Harry Potter set here with the intent to resell when it will probably be 20% off someplace else or 20% permasale on Amazon?  But, if you can get $50 from the GWP's + VIP points and net them into $30 in profits after reselling, now that $99 set becomes a $69 set.

He already opened the set. Who opens a GWP to resell right away?  Lego doesn’t give away GWPs for resellers to make money from 🥴

6 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

preachin to the choir bro

but lately I have been disappointed w/ the devaluing of GWPs from the last 3-4 GWP offerings. Seems like a lot of extra work for minimal gains and loss of opportunity costs...always a long hold possibility and at least they are small packages for storage.

I hear ya. The Book of Monsters looked promising back when it was only available at B&N, but now it's hanging around way too long. 

3 minutes ago, mplsabdullah said:
18 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:
That will be a nice stack if you can pickup Pooh with a carrot and Amelia. 

I'm new to this. Will they give a second airplane if I do another order?

Yes, Amelia isn’t a limited promo. Just make sure you are not over the limit for the qualifying item, and if it it on backorder to add a filler item. 

• Like 1