40450 - Amelia Earhart Tribute

32 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

My local store mgr told me they received 400 of these GWP.  Other area stores received hundreds of them as well.  If this is all true, this may well be the most over produced GWP in the history of LEGO.  Just a thought: 100 stores in USA, if the avg store received 300 GWP = 30,000 units and that's not including LEGO Shop at Home for what is supposed to be a one week promotion. 

If anyone else has a LEGO store near them, please ask how many GWP they received so we can get an idea how many are out there.

Would be hard to top the ice rink. There are over 600 on ebay and it barely gets $20. I hope this is not the new standard production on gwps. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Would be hard to top the ice rink. There are over 600 on ebay and it barely gets $20. I hope this is not the new standard production on gwps. 

It may have been standard production for the ice rink but people were limited in how many they could buy.  S&H has strict purchase limits, B&M's are limiting to only one per purchase, Covid limits people's willingness to go to the malls and other's don't have the time to stand in line at a B&M just to get in.  So, given these limitations the "normal" supply would be available much longer.  Plus alll Winter sets dip in value when its not Christmas time anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

Can you enlighten me? I don't recall this "guy" at all and my google-fu is failing me.

He is a clever guy with “backroom” deals access that does high volume low margins but not too bright. I bought a parted out DISNEY train station from him for $110 shipped and it included the minifigures which are worth that much alone. I guess he is too busy to be bothered with pulling the figs?  But he does have amazing access to max quantity of HTF sets. Maybe the Danish has a winter home in Key Biscayne?

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 9:18 PM, eliminator said:

Done. Easy. 

Lego_March.jpeg

Same GWPs and promo coin here. I've been waiting over a month to redeem that pirates coin. Glad to be able to do it with at least two GWPs. 

I got an email at 4am from LEGO Shop at Home saying the gingerbread house was in stock. Damn you sleep for getting in the way! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Same GWPs and promo coin here. I've been waiting over a month to redeem that pirates coin. Glad to be able to do it with at least two GWPs. 

I got an email at 4am from LEGO Shop at Home saying the gingerbread house was in stock. Damn you sleep for getting in the way! 

last time LEGO Shop at Home gave an alert for Gingerbread House; a bunch became available (no limit) on Amazon next day or two...so keep an eye out...it will poof in seconds/minutes on Amazon.

• Thanks 1

The set is no longer adding to cart, I called in and they managed to add it back manually for me. 

On a sidenote, I managed to order the black falcon torsos over the phone they will be in stock on 10th Mar. The annoying about the torsos is it's usually online at 4am my time and gets wiped out in 30minutes so I'm glad I managed to order that together with some tan horses. More army building for me!

On 3/7/2021 at 4:05 AM, donbee said:

My nearest store received 200 AE
... and still has BoM.

EU was out of the MBOM in less than a week, you guys must have received a ton of them.

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Correct, worse I used $20 in VIP points to "purchase" it.

I was not aware that you could use VIP points towards a GWP. Or did you use points towards buying a set that qualified you for the GWP?  If that’s the case then technically you still got it for free and I don’t see how a crumpled sticker sheet should entitle you for any more free stuff.   Ask CS for a new sticker sheet and call it a day.  

Edited by Mathew

1 hour ago, joneyyy1981 said:

so you used free stuff, to get more free stuff & is complaining about the free stuff?

Using free stuff to get more free stuff?  Are we reviving KMart threads from 2014? :)

I think most on this site are not looking at the GWP's as freebies since they are acquired by paying RRP for sets that often end up being sold at a discount from other retailers.  I.e. they are a credit to offset the RRP LEGO SAH tax.

For example, who would pay RRP for a $99 non-exclusive Harry Potter set here with the intent to resell when it will probably be 20% off someplace else or 20% permasale on Amazon?  But, if you can get $50 from the GWP's + VIP points and net them into $30 in profits after reselling, now that $99 set becomes a $69 set.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

Using free stuff to get more free stuff?  Are we reviving KMart threads from 2014? :)

I think most on this site are not looking at the GWP's as freebies since they are acquired by paying RRP for sets that often end up being sold at a discount from other retailers.  I.e. they are a credit to offset the RRP LEGO SAH tax.

For example, who would pay RRP for a $99 non-exclusive Harry Potter set here with the intent to resell when it will probably be 20% off someplace else or 20% permasale on Amazon?  But, if you can get $50 from the GWP's + VIP points and net them into $30 in profits after reselling, now that $99 set becomes a $69 set.

preachin to the choir bro

but lately I have been disappointed w/ the devaluing of GWPs from the last 3-4 GWP offerings. Seems like a lot of extra work for minimal gains and loss of opportunity costs...always a long hold possibility and at least they are small packages for storage.

• Like 1