40450 - Amelia Earhart Tribute

2 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

Let's just hope LEGO Shop at Home actually has some sets in stock. Might be a good time to finally get the Corner Garage.

This set has been my longest time ever just not completing it. I still have the roof to complete. The garage door, while nice, is always malfunctioning and the facade of the wall (diagonally) of the upper stories is a PITA to build. It looks great, but Im not having fun with it.

That said, this GWP looks downright awesome.

Any news when this will be a GWP?  Earhart made the solo flight in that plane May 20, 1932.  It would make sense to be April / May.

Is there a large aircraft set that is coming out with it?

I did find this:

10283 - {? Columbia Space Shuttle ?} (18+)

Includes pieces TBA

US $199.99 - DE/FR €TBA - UK £TBA

Release: APRIL 2021

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Any news when this will be a GWP?  Earhart made the solo flight in that plane May 20, 1932.  It would make sense to be April / May.

Is there a large aircraft set that is coming out with it?

I did find this:

10283 - {? Columbia Space Shuttle ?} (18+)

Includes pieces TBA

US $199.99 - DE/FR €TBA - UK £TBA

Release: APRIL 2021

Ya, this pairing makes a lot of sense! plus the price threshold has to be high on this one right?

5 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Any aviation-heads know what plane that is in the background. It might actually be a Lockheed that is the larger set. Maybe?

I think she is shown seated on the nose of the Lockheed Electra 10E, the aircraft she was flying to circumnavigate the globe when she disappeared in 1937.  The red Vega 5B in the GWP is the aircraft in which she flew solo across the Atlantic in 1932.

I'm down for any aircraft sets (hence my name) but it would be cool if they make her Electra.

Edited by JimboJet
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, JimboJet said:

I think she is shown seated on the nose of the Lockheed Electra 10E, the aircraft she was flying to circumnavigate the globe when she disappeared in 1937.  The red Vega 5B in the GWP is the aircraft in which she flew solo across the Atlantic in 1932.

I'm down for any aircraft sets (hence my name) but it would be cool if they make her Electra.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.A4xzX8lUzWv3DIupMs4-9AHaGB%26pid%3DApi&f=1webp

from a google search: it's from LEGO ideas site: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/68ba33b9-f0fa-4df6-9ce5-1ca923e48401

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 40450 - Amelia Earhart Tribute
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have been banned. IMO, stupid business practice, but demand is high enough they can afford to alienate those they suspect of circumventing their purchase limit. Unfortunately, they have the aftermarket data from Bricklink, so they target those the suspect of selling. 

1 hour ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Actually stayed away from any ordering this time. Set is cool and all. Maybe I’ll grab one down the road. 

But, can someone explain how folks on Bricklink have 75 and 100 or them up for sale? Certainly they didn’t make that many purchases. 

My local store mgr told me they received 400 of these GWP.  Other area stores received hundreds of them as well.  If this is all true, this may well be the most over produced GWP in the history of LEGO.  Just a thought: 100 stores in USA, if the avg store received 300 GWP = 30,000 units and that's not including LEGO Shop at Home for what is supposed to be a one week promotion. 

If anyone else has a LEGO store near them, please ask how many GWP they received so we can get an idea how many are out there.