Why so serious? Have a laugh!: The Darth Raichu show

11 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

This would be funny if it weren't sadly true.  I live in NJ and know several people who commute into NYC.  No one here goes into NYC unless they have to.  One friend knows two people who were on the subway the guy with the smoke grenades attacked.  Thankfully they weren't on the car that was attacked, but they were on the same train at the same time.  NYC is not safe.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

”defund the police” doesn’t work? 
You don’t say…

"defund the police" is not supposed to work. It is intended to raise crime rates and sow doubt in local police forces ability to do their job properly. 

Once crime rises raise enough the Feds will push for an end to local policing in favor for a Federal Police force.  Its just a run of the mill Federal power grab Psyop. 

1 hour ago, KvHulk said:

Pfft. I have lived in NYC my entire life. I was much more concerned in the late 70's/early 80's, and this "wave of violence' has nothing on the crack crime wave of the late 80's/early 90's.

So, it is kind of like when folks in the midwest talk about the weather:
A: Man, this 110 degrees heatwave is brutal
B: This was nothing compared to what we had in 94/96 when grass turned to flame on its own and the ashes fell from the sky

36 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

So, it is kind of like when folks in the midwest talk about the weather:
A: Man, this 110 degrees heatwave is brutal
B: This was nothing compared to what we had in 94/96 when grass turned to flame on its own and the ashes fell from the sky

For me, it's like, numbers.

NYC was averaging 2000+ murders a year in the late 80's/90's. Close to 100k robberies a year. etc.
NYC is averaging under 1000 murders a year in the 2010's and like 30,000 robberies.

I think almost all violent crimes are down over 50%. in NYC, compared to 20+ years ago.
Except maybe rape...? I'm not sure on that one. But sexual attacks definitely seem to be up across the board... I think?

3 hours ago, KvHulk said:

For me, it's like, numbers.

NYC was averaging 2000+ murders a year in the late 80's/90's. Close to 100k robberies a year. etc.
NYC is averaging under 1000 murders a year in the 2010's and like 30,000 robberies.

I think almost all violent crimes are down over 50%. in NYC, compared to 20+ years ago.
Except maybe rape...? I'm not sure on that one. But sexual attacks definitely seem to be up across the board... I think?

Darn it, you have to bring numbers to jokes thread and my OCD compelled me to look it up :P

Per this latest NYPD report, the crime numbers in 90s were about 5x higher than 2021.  Although there was an uptick in crime across the board between year to date 2021 vs YTD 2022

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/downloads/pdf/crime_statistics/cs-en-us-city.pdf

I feel like I need to post 5 jokes to bring balance to this thread :D