LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

15 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Yer the promos were just sat on top of it. To be honest the print wasn't perfect, I did notice at the top there were a few marks of blue colour on the white. 

I'm not really sure what to order for other prints. I'm thinking if I order something small will the packer just wedge it in. Probably need to order a similar size box to the Winnie the Pooh set. Maybe I'm being to paranoid. 

Reading reviews from brickset, It seems that in North america the prints get sent in a cardboard box, and in UK they just get placed on top of the set you ordered. Not sure if it is a cost saving exercise, but would have thought the negative feedback of getting damaged prints would outweigh the cost of adding a "do not bend" cardboard envelope.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Reading reviews from brickset, It seems that in North america the prints get sent in a cardboard box, and in UK they just get placed on top of the set you ordered. Not sure if it is a cost saving exercise, but would have thought the negative feedback of getting damaged prints would outweigh the cost of adding a "do not bend" cardboard envelope.

Lucky us then lol. I reckon for once I will try not to get the promo when ordering something. 

Problem is now with being in the UK it's basically just pot luck if it comes in good condition. 

10 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Lucky us then lol. I reckon for once I will try not to get the promo when ordering something. 

Problem is now with being in the UK it's basically just pot luck if it comes in good condition. 

My personal strategy with VIP points was always "earn and burn" I.e. use straight away as soon as I could exchange for a money off voucher.

At one point I had way too many points and feared a devaluation to the VIP program,  like which has happened with numerous airline / hotel loyalty points schemes.

I guess going forward I will just hoard VIP points and never use for money off vouchers. Will always redeem for "limited edition" item or IP / licensed item (excluding shoes / clothing, as it seems historically they have all been busts) even if the the item seems stupid, as it seems like once again I can't pick the right "winners", even though I should have known better.

Just proves another point that you need to revaluate your lego strategy every so often, or when new evidence comes to light, otherwise you will "losing" money not getting some slam dunk promos. 

4 minutes ago, Voltron said:

My personal strategy with VIP points was always "earn and burn" I.e. use straight away as soon as I could exchange for a money off voucher.

At one point I had way too many points and feared a devaluation to the VIP program,  like which has happened with numerous airline / hotel loyalty points schemes.

I guess going forward I will just hoard VIP points and never use for money off vouchers. Will always redeem for "limited edition" item or IP / licensed item (excluding shoes / clothing, as it seems historically they have all been busts) even if the the item seems stupid, as it seems like once again I can't pick the right "winners", even though I should have known better.

Just proves another point that you need to revaluate your lego strategy every so often, or when new evidence comes to light, otherwise you will "losing" money not getting some slam dunk promos. 

Lol you sound like me. To be fair though you certainly aren't the only one who passed on them. I only got them for my kids to frame to put in there bedroom and if they didn't want them I would of passed. Not many would have seen this coming with there value. Let's face it in a few weeks they'll probably by worth around 20 once they all get listed and flood the market, 20 was the value I put them on :)

Edited by raulaco
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Lol you sound like me. To be fair though you certainly aren't the only one who passed on them. I only got them for my kids to frame to put in there bedroom and if they didn't want them I would of passed. Not many would have seen this coming with there value. Let's face it in a few weeks they'll probably by worth around 20 once they all get listed and flood the market, 20 was the value I put them on :)

This could be a situation where they become worth considerably more actually. Limited to 1000, I have an artist friend who absolutely loves the original Pooh art. If the interest in this spreads to the artist community too, you might be shocked at the prices.

1 minute ago, spener90 said:

This could be a situation where they become worth considerably more actually. Limited to 1000, I have an artist friend who absolutely loves the original Pooh art. If the interest in this spreads to the artist community too, you might be shocked at the prices.

the limited run spread over worldwide really means just a few hundred at most per country...given the initial response and popularity of IP and hoards of Disney/LEGO collectors...I could see the prints hitting $500 by the end of the month...add a zero as it's ceiling longterm.

3 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

the limited run spread over worldwide really means just a few hundred at most per country...given the initial response and popularity of IP and hoards of Disney/LEGO collectors...I could see the prints hitting $500 by the end of the month...add a zero as it's ceiling longterm.

youre making me sad

29 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Let's face it in a few weeks they'll probably by worth around 20 once they all get listed and flood the market, 20 was the value I put them on :)

This I like to hear.

Yes, I am super sour grapes  about this one. :) Had them in my cart before changing mind.

37 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Imo I just don't see it. 500 seems like a dream. I know there lovely prints but will collectors/artists really go for these, it's not like anyone famous has done them or theres some signed product that's super rare. Look I'd love for you to be right but time and time again I see these VIP promos drop in price

Also no one is certain about how many there is worldwide. In the UK alone the sketches go from around 30 to 370 so far. Not really sure how the numbers are being distributed but stonewars say Germany got 360, does this apply to the EU or just them. It could still be a possibility that there is alot more about, it would be nice to get some sort of official confirmation that it is worldwide as I'm guessing that plays a big role in the value.

I do however agree that the more these become known to folks the better they'll do. I suppose just incase I better put the kids framed ones a little higher so there out of reach, it will be look but don't touch lol.   

Edited by raulaco
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, raulaco said:

Also no one is certain about how many there is worldwide. In the UK alone the sketches go from around 30 to 370 so far. Not really sure how the numbers are being distributed but stonewars say Germany got 360, does this apply to the EU or just them. It could still be a possibility that there is alot more about, it would be nice to get some sort of official confirmation that it is worldwide as I'm guessing that plays a big role in the value.

I'm thinking they are numbered x/1000...no disclaimer US or UK, or Germany...kinda hokey to say x/1000 but only for certain countries...that would be first.

Quick question but does anyone know how the regular sized baseplates are shipped from lego? I wanted to get the rest of the prints for my kids and this is the only thing I'd use. Anyone know if there posted in a box or is it a jiffy bag, obviously would prefer a box? 

Thanks in advance. 

7 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I'm going for a count number that is the birthday of a really wealthy Pooh fan collector

The low numbers maybe have been given to someone close to the designer or the designer themselfs who knows. Only chance is the 1000 one maybe lol. 

On 3/26/2021 at 9:16 PM, raulaco said:

The low numbers maybe have been given to someone close to the designer or the designer themselfs who knows. Only chance is the 1000 one maybe lol. 

I saw a #0010 sold for around 50 euro in NL, one with all characters in

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dmind said:

I saw a #0010 sold for around 50 euro in NL, one with all characters in

They seem to be going for less than originally thought in the UK. Average around 70 to 100. Still a great return if your selling them. Probably still go down when more are listed. :) 

46 minutes ago, Brickshopper said:

so the prints will be selling for over 100 GBP once Gamestop stock goes back up?

yeah exactly that..lol

here's what I think when something new hits the market and pops:

initial sudden unexpected climb

sellers rushing to sell 

initial saturation causes price drop

over time, the rest of the world learns about it and number of buyers grow

...if it's limited commodity...price should appreciate over time.  Typically the "pop price" is not the ceiling...but a good indicator for demand/popularity

• Like 1

Likely will sell out fairly quickly, probably by tomorrow. Anyone who isn't aware of it now will probably be looking for it at midnight. Price

wise my opinion is that it's value will be slightly more than the Pirate coin, but less than the Castle coin. Anyone who has the other 3 but misses

out on the Space coin will look for it on the secondary market and drive up the price.

• Like 2

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion