LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

32 minutes ago, billybell991 said:

Remember the good ol' days when a Brickset link didn't fill up 3/4 of your screen with ads and rubbish?  Those were good times.

I honestly had no idea, everything on my network runs through a Pi-Hole that I built out and so almost no ads make it through.

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

Thanks guys, indeed, looks like this was an impulse buy on my behalf without taking a proper look. Ah well.

These guys actually print them. Australian company though, not sure if they ship international or how much it would cost:

https://www.thebigbrick.com/en/home/112-ulysses-space-probe-information-plaque.html

However they added some dots down the bottom, apparently to make it easy to 'identify it as a replica'. Not cheap either, but (probably) not outrageous considering it is a print.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

From the reddit lego deal page... apparently in Germany LEGO Shop at Home they have these listed for sale now.df0ed7a8528b6bdf4aa473e94003e0e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

yikes! so glad i sold them. was going to hold back till i got the gold. 

however, i got greedy with my Pooh's and no longer getting offers. same thing with Ulysses. I could have sold early at $250, now i might get $150

5 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

From the reddit lego deal page... apparently in Germany LEGO Shop at Home they have these listed for sale now.df0ed7a8528b6bdf4aa473e94003e0e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Not sure this is true. I can't find them anywhere and last time they were put up it was a glitch. 

12 minutes ago, raulaco said:

The last coin isn't coming on May 1st. Lego now say they will give some sort of announcement to people before it drops whenever that will be. Noone needs to wait up now lol. 

They probably don't want the website to crash with the May the 4th promo. 

thinking that might happen.  do you have a link to the source ?

can see all the may 4th promo go live and the coin at the same time.  they made a good decision if true.

9 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Let's not pretend they did it for the community or the fans. Releasing the coin after the May 4th promo guarantees them that each coin code is used on another order and not combined with the May 4th promo. It also generates extra hype at a different time. 

I do not know if they are that smart.  I bet the main reason is the amount of stress on their websites having 2 popular promos/events at the same time.  Their 2 IT interns were only trained to reboot 1 thing at a time: either the store or VIP page.  Heavens help them if both pages are down at the same time. :devil:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I bet the main reason is the amount of stress on their websites having 2 popular promos/events at the same time.  

For being the #1 toymaker in the world, I still cannot comprehend how TLG allows their website to function so poorly. 

I was genuinely curious how this was all going to work this wknd.  Looks like the popcorn-eating memes will be saved for another day. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I do not know if they are that smart.  I bet the main reason is the amount of stress on their websites having 2 popular promos/events at the same time.  Their 2 IT interns were only trained to reboot 1 thing at a time: either the store or VIP page.  Heavens help them if both pages are down at the same time. :devil:

I would think it's easier on the interns...now they can just unplug and plug all the plugs instead of having to figure out which one is which

• Haha 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion