LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Interesting the set numbers don’t match. I wonder if there will be two different versions based on region or if the online listing is just wrong. Still waiting for an unboxing or instructions to be posted. 

1E0126DF-AF98-4DB8-8209-61B4F5D96BD1.jpeg

think the soccer gwp or one of the other sets had two numbers for it and they were figuring out how to handle it in brickset or one of the other sites articles were written about it.  think it varied based on region but was the same.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, donbee said:

Don’t know if these will be VIP, maybe. 17957f98916bfe8ebf30d7d99a7f7f4e.jpg
e905f49b08d5981a69cbb9a494fd685c.jpg
e4030342b88ca8538d7b58b0d788ee4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So these are nice.  I was wanting a set.  They are only in China right now that I know of.  there is 7 of them.

on ebay you can buy them from China but the person says due to customs they say they can't ship this item to the us.

I have also read about a month or two ago this is not coming to the United States.  I moved on lol

I can't tell if all these yellow boxed GWP/VIP sets have two numbers or not.  If anyone understands the rhyme or reason to the numbering of these yellow boxed sets, please do share.

This is my observation, which is confusing:

All seem to have a seven digit number beginning with a "6" on the front.  But some if not all also have a seven digit number beginning with a "5" associated with them.  Example: Yoda's Lightsaber (6346097 / 5006290).  You can find ebay listings with one number or the other and some have both.  Same is true for the Chariot.

The set numbers beginning with a "5" used to be only for polybags I.E. Black VIP Card Holder.

I get that the "6" number on the front is most likely the set number, but what purpose does the "5" number serve on the same set?

Edited by exracer327

4 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

I can't tell if all these yellow boxed GWP/VIP sets have two numbers or not.  If anyone understands the rhyme or reason to the numbering of these yellow boxed sets, please do share.

This is my observation, which is confusing:

All seem to have a seven digit number beginning with a "6" on the front.  But some if not all also have a seven digit number beginning with a "5" associated with them.  Example: Yoda's Lightsaber (6346097 / 5006290).  You can find ebay listings with one number or the other and some have both.  Same is true for the Chariot.

The set numbers beginning with a "5" used to be only for polybags I.E. Black VIP Card Holder.

I get that the "6" number on the front is most likely the set number, but what purpose does the "5" number serve on the same set?

500xxxx is the typically prominent set number (which obviously isn't prominent for these boxes, I don't see it printed anywhere).

6xxxxxx is the "item" number typically located above the barcode. I think every set has these. For some reason they make this number prominent on the yellow boxes.

9 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

For one, the VIP website was "under maintenance", ie down for the first 10 minutes after the advertised time.
Two, when the site was back, I had to login via phone to even see the option to claim the code after several minutes refreshing the site on my PC.

I agree, this was my experience as well.  In fact, my laptop never was able to load the VIP page until well after the Ulysses was sold out.

I don't want to see LEGO cancelling their promos (GWP / VIP) but their execution of launching said sets needs to be cleaned up.

Sadly, because so many are complaining of missing out on the Ulysses, I fear LEGO is only hearing "this set is too scarce," not "your website prohibited me from even having a chance to get a Ulysses".

I think the best idea I have heard is doing a VIP pre-order.  Have the pre-ordering open for 24 to 48 hours and then close it.  Produce a run to meet the pre-orders and they're done.  That would eliminate the run on the server and allow VIPs to get something special.  LEGO avoids having to store all the extra sets.  Granted we all end up waiting a month or two to receive the set but is that really that horrible?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, minicoopers11 said:

500xxxx is the typically prominent set number (which obviously isn't prominent for these boxes, I don't see it printed anywhere).

6xxxxxx is the "item" number typically located above the barcode. I think every set has these. For some reason they make this number prominent on the yellow boxes.

Good point, the 6xxxxxx is the item number on all boxed sets.  I believe the 5xxxxxx number is the item number on all polybags.  So why do the yellow boxed sets get both 6... and 5.... numbers?  The 5xxxxxx number is not printed on the box and yet is somehow connected to the set.  This is what confuses me.

Edited by exracer327

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Here is a .bsx inventory file. $25 in parts new, $16 used (IIRC). Hope I didn't make any mistakes in copying over quantities (was in a conference call).

5006744 - Ulysses Space Probe.bsx

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Here is a .bsx inventory file. $25 in parts new, $16 used (IIRC). Hope I didn't make any mistakes in copying over quantities (was in a conference call).

5006744 - Ulysses Space Probe.bsx 25.51 kB · 2 downloads

Just now, zaphoid said:

you beat me, I had 8 parts left

And he was in a conference call.  What is your excuse? lol 

Nice job guys!  Thank you for your hard work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

5006744 - Ulysses Space Probe.bsx 25.51 kB · 19 downloads

Thanks so much! Got some orders placed for two probes. Came out to $32.34 each after shipping, not bad! Now to get a sticker..... LEGO's piece is printed, right?

14 minutes ago, vincevaughn said:

+1 for building with gloves.....thought I was the only crazy person to do that.....

Ha that’s not me but from a YouTube unboxing video in german. I won’t build this set  selling one and putting one in the vault. I have used gloves especially with black elements that show smudges easily like the piano. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion