LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

47 minutes ago, Jackhammer3639 said:

Ordered 6x Friends TV show Keychains to slip into free shipping by $1 and Ulysses arrived in pristine shape. 

OMG, thanks for helping me realize why LEGO Shop at Home only showed three available keychains when I searched for them before. Searching "keychain" yields three available results, while searching "key chain" yields 78 available results. I couldn't figure out why LEGO Shop at Home only had three keychains available the last few months. Total facepalm moment. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

All you cowards ordering the Ulysses with small sets to protect it. I went full balls out and had mine shoved in with two modulars taking advantage of the double VIP and 10% back from RetailMeNot. Survived without any issues.image.thumb.png.0f99f5dd8cb1a0506c48cff07def1f99.png

The time to go full balls out is when your busy shoving in your Dickens

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

i'm starting to see a packaging trend with the prints. i ordered 6 prints each with a botanical polybag in the last month, all separate orders (can only redeem one with purchase as you know), and every print has come in a nice BOX. did the same with Ulysses. purchased a botanical and got both in a nice box.

not sure if you guys are getting boxes when buying a key chain with VIP gifts? would like to know, i'm up to my teeth in botanicals at this point (still adds a lot of color to my old 80's castle sets though).

Image from iOS (9).jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Not my listing, but if anyone needs a sticker for their BL-ed version of the Ulysses, this seller has them for sale for $7.50 (though I managed to hassle him down a whole $0.25 using his "Make an offer" feature *sigh*

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324594034599

I saw this the other day and if you look at the second picture on the listing the sticker does not look good on the tile IMO. The black color of the sticker does not match the tile very well. Maybe it’s just the lighting but it looks faded out. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

I saw this the other day and if you look at the second picture on the listing the sticker does not look good on the tile IMO. The black color of the sticker does not match the tile very well. Maybe it’s just the lighting but it looks faded out. 

Yeah, Looks like they just scanned the sticker and tiled them up on a laser printer sticker stock. Printing 20 or so of them per 8.5 x 11 sticker page. That's an amazing ROI on a $.75 sticker page at about $150 per page in value (minus shipping costs). They could at least have re-typeset it using design software to make the type clean and then given the background a rich CMYK black instead of that faded dark grey/black-ish. But good on them for making the effort to offer this as an option to others willing to pay a few bucks for the sticker.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

38 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

Yeah, Looks like they just scanned the sticker and tiled them up on a laser printer sticker stock. Printing 20 or so of them per 8.5 x 11 sticker page. That's an amazing ROI on a $.75 sticker page at about $150 per page in value (minus shipping costs). They could at least have re-typeset it using design software to make the type clean and then given the background a rich CMYK black instead of that faded dark grey/black-ish. But good on them for making the effort to offer this as an option to others willing to pay a few bucks for the sticker.

Thanks guys, indeed, looks like this was an impulse buy on my behalf without taking a proper look. Ah well.

9 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Thanks guys, indeed, looks like this was an impulse buy on my behalf without taking a proper look. Ah well.

I almost did the same thing when I first saw it. The first picture looks good and if they hadn’t included the second picture I would have bought a couple. 

4 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I do hate using their site for that reason alone.

One nice thing about working on a government computer, the spam filters are amazing, and it just loads the content I care about.

On my phone or personal computer...holy hell it's a nightmare.  It's like playing whackamole with all the popups and nonsense.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

One nice thing about working on a government computer, the spam filters are amazing, and it just loads the content I care about.

On my phone or personal computer...holy hell it's a nightmare.  It's like playing whackamole with all the popups and nonsense.

Try using the Brave browser. Best browser around, and will filter out all the fluff.

• Like 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion