LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but when did bricklink stop using XML and CSV files? 

Next question, how do we convert it to a usable file type for bricklink?

I imported it just fine, it was one of the file extension options for import.  Just create a new Wanted List and import into there.

16 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I imported it just fine, it was one of the file extension options for import.  Just create a new Wanted List and import into there.

Thank you.  I already had the wanted list created but I was getting hung up on the import function.  It has been a while since I added a MOC to bricklink and did not see the other option for XML.  When I tried to select the file itself to add to bricklink, bricklink just kept giving me an error message saying XML was not supported.

I also ran into a weird problem that I couldn't copy / paste directly from the XML file into bricklink.  I had to paste it into MS Word first, then copy and paste into bricklink.  For some reason going from the XML directly into bricklink kept adding a blank line between each instruction and causing more errors.  Least to say it was frustrating to figure out what I was doing wrong.  Knowing it worked for you kept me trying.  Thanks!

21 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Thank you.  I already had the wanted list created but I was getting hung up on the import function.  It has been a while since I added a MOC to bricklink and did not see the other option for XML.  When I tried to select the file itself to add to bricklink, bricklink just kept giving me an error message saying XML was not supported.

I also ran into a weird problem that I couldn't copy / paste directly from the XML file into bricklink.  I had to paste it into MS Word first, then copy and paste into bricklink.  For some reason going from the XML directly into bricklink kept adding a blank line between each instruction and causing more errors.  Least to say it was frustrating to figure out what I was doing wrong.  Knowing it worked for you kept me trying.  Thanks!

Yeah, the .bsx file was an option listed for me, see below.

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

I laughed when this guy dropped the Hubble at the beginning of his video.  

It's funny how you can see him trying to force a smile at the beginning of the video (before the Hubble saves him from the effort).

People can always find a reason to complain.

On 4/16/2021 at 7:43 PM, spener90 said:

It is a small production promo set like this that generally confuses me why they don't print pieces for giant $400+ sets.

When you pay that much for a set, LEGO doesn't want to rob us from enjoying a full LEGO building experience.

• Like 1

not sure if anyone else struggles with finding the vip redemption code in their email box.

had no idea that i could find it in my vip account here. jeez. i'm probably the last to know, but if not, here are the steps:

lego Reward Center > scroll down to Your History > Rewards Redeemed > you'll find your voucher code under the reward to copy

Snag_15861a5d.thumb.png.43d9c5724fa3a525d69827babfeae642.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

not sure if anyone else struggles with finding the vip redemption code in their email box.
had no idea that i could find it in my vip account here. jeez. i'm probably the last to know, but if not, here are the steps:
lego Reward Center > scroll down to Your History > Rewards Redeemed > you'll find your voucher code under the reward to copy[/url]

This too much work to redeem points. It’s pathetic. One time on my phone, I accidentally clicked on the option to redeem points for a physical store instead of online. It was a hassle getting it reversed. Took 1 month but was lucky enough to still get the set my son wanted.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I ordered a Discovery like that and the shipping box was just the same; torn and barely sealed. I was lucky to have had my Space Coin show up and now missing out of the box.

Lego needs to run the boxes through the tape machine more than once or switch to reinforced tape for larger boxes.

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

wow, this dude has some weight to it. yoda lightsaber felt much lighter.

AD982F51-7FB1-46C5-98FD-D0FFBFA556E8.jpeg

Yup, the Ulysses has 100 more pieces than the Yoda lightsaber (70% more). I'm glad to see people here getting them in decent condition. I ordered mine with some Brickheadz. Hoping it arrives in decent shape as well. 

• Like 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion