Fan Vote - Help Celebrate the 90th Anniversary of The LEGO Group!

Pseudoty

As the resident Gen Z poster, it would be nice to see some turn-of-the-millenium themes get more attention. I am already tired of the recent pirate boom. I'm excited to see which is stronger: boomers' collective midlife crises or the rabid desperation of the Bionicle fandom. 

1- Bionicle

2- Ice Planet

3- Adventurers

9 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:
10 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:
before baby Boomers, did generations have names?

The greatest? Pretty conceited generation if they named themselves "The Greatest Generation" though.

The Baby boomers got their name because of the boom of babies born post-WW2.  They are the ones who started labeling everyone else.  Of course their parents are the "greatest" and everyone else just gets letters - because it all revolves around them.  lol

• Like 2

Was Benny not enough classic space for you fools? Thats why I don't think that one will win out. That said, I did have Blacktron II and IcePlanet and Space Police Sets growing up.

Personally, Im satisfied with the Pirates, but never got into Castle to really warrant my vote. I did always want the Forest Men sets, even though they didn't make that many.

Id really like Aquazone to return.

So mine were Ice Planet, Aquazone and Adventurers

Edited by CosmicSpeed

Please, please, please! Anything but Bionicle. I actually don't mind the theme, but I don't see it as a very good anniversary set option. They are basically action figures and hardly classify with the Lego we see. Looking at how rabid the community is though, and how split the castle, space, and pirate votes are, it looks like a strong possibility it happens.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Stone Wars analyzed the poll results thus far . . . Still some time to go in the voting but looks like Bionicle is pretty far in the lead. emoji22.png

https://www.stonewars.net/lego-news/interim-results-of-the-lego-ideas-90th-anniversary-survey/

They also break down the vote by themes - granted, not a perfect system as they acknowledge as they did it by users, not total votes. At time of writing: castle 43%, space 42.4%, bionicle 31%. LEGO had to realize the variety of options, especially in the castle theme, would dilute the vote. I wonder if it was intentional to give some other themes a chance to compete, or if they still thought one of the subthemes would be able to pull through anyway? 

Maybe LEGO felt like the IDEAS Barracuda Bay and Blacksmith Shop are basically celebrations of those two themes with the Barracuda conversion / Black Falcon armor? 

I haven't seen a lot of love for the Trains...but that's where my hopes are...

Just my guess...trains are always available. At least when compared to Classic Space, or Western.

Speaking of Western - I’ve seen speculation that there’s no Western in this vote because an Ideas set that is Western themed - and is Under Review at the moment - will be selected.

4 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

According to TheBrickFan, this is the top ten list:

1. Bionicle
2. Classic Space
3. Pirates
4. Trains
5. Adventurers
6. Classic Castle
7. Forestmen
8. Imperials
9. Lion Knights
10. Model Team

Bionicle?  Didn’t they already try a a few years ago and it flopped. Surprised Castle is so far down the list. Not sure if his list is legit. 

11 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Bionicle?  Didn’t they already try a a few years ago and it flopped. Surprised Castle is so far down the list. Not sure if his list is legit. 

Castle would probably be leading if it was one theme, but the vote is split 4 ways. If this remains the case, I hope either Space or Pirates can pull the victory.

• Like 2

After the first round, and new round begins with only 3 options. I predict a full flip with Pirates winning, and Bionacle finishing third. 

Pirates will absorb a lot of the castle votes in the second round. Between Baracuda Bay and the 3-in-1 Creator ship, Pirates have something to attach to currently on the market, while the other options would just be a one off.

2 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

After the first round, and new round begins with only 3 options. I predict a full flip with Pirates winning, and Bionacle finishing third. 

Pirates will absorb a lot of the castle votes in the second round. Between Baracuda Bay and the 3-in-1 Creator ship, Pirates have something to attach to currently on the market, while the other options would just be a one off.

I'm voting Pirates, and personally I originally wanted Castle.

2 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Surely AFOLs can come together to vanquish Bionicle. 

I like how it says the second round won't be transparent, so if you guys don't pick the right theme, we'll choose it for you.

Im sure they have plenty of leftover Jyn Erso parts to create a whole new Bionicle lineup. I'd hate it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, coelian said:

Can someone explain to me why Bionicle is so popular? I got into lego just as the line was finishing, was it the cartoon? I have zero interest in the sets...

It isn’t. It is the same age group of people pumping GME. Castle was split into 4 sub themes so it probably would have been number 1. They did a bionicle reboot based on fan “demand” in 2015 and the sets didn’t sell well and the line was canceled in the middle of the second wave. This did make for some great returns on the rare sets needed to combine to make the master set.