Fan Vote - Help Celebrate the 90th Anniversary of The LEGO Group!

Pseudoty

22 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Lego 90th anniversary vote for a theme to bring back:

link won’t work?

Thanks for sharing! . It's interesting that they are calling it an addition to the "2022 LEGO Adult Portfolio", which suggests something both nostalgic but also complex in terms of building styles.  

The language is a bit confusing, but it sounds like after the first round of voting that establishes the top 3, LEGO will still have final say on the selection even if fans vote differently: "One of these three themes will be what the 90th Anniversary Set will be based on, but we still want to know what the most popular of the final three is!". Either way, still cool they are letting fans have a say. 

I voted for Black Knights, Lion Knights, and Black Falcons, but my prediction is that Classic Space will win. Mods, feel free to move my post / create a new thread for more discussion...

Many thanks for finding this article, Pseudoty. This felt like a big deal to split from the other topic into its own. I cannot for the life of me figure out why the direct hypertext link will not work so for a workaround, I added the source link into a code box thingy bottom of your post. Hopefully it may be easier to highlight, copy, and then paste that into the browser bar at the top.

Anyway, my votes go to anything from LEGO's lineage of classic Space themes.

• Like 2

Many thanks for finding this article, Pseudoty. This felt like a big deal to split from the other topic into its own. I cannot for the life of me figure out why the direct hypertext link will not work so for a workaround, I added the source link into a code box thingy bottom of your post. Hopefully it may be easier to highlight, copy, and then paste that into the browser bar at the top.
Anyway, my votes go to anything from LEGO's lineage of classic Space themes.

It’s something about the way BP links to ideas.lego.com. It’s been a problem for awhile. I end up just posting the raw link, so people can copy/paste.

31 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Paradisa or bust!

I had a couple of those sets growing up. They were a nice change going from the city skyline to a tropical resort. We kind of had similar ideas with some of the Friends builds though a pure minifigure scaled return to the island would be more than welcome. And speaking of bust, I remember Paradisa being one of the first lines giving the girls one. Haha.

36 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

It’s something about the way BP links to ideas.lego.com. It’s been a problem for awhile. I end up just posting the raw link, so people can copy/paste.

30 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

Does THIS LINK work? Just curious if it doesn't try to do the linksynergy if you put it in an embedded link.

Edit: Nope, oh well.

It does seem whatever is in the automatic linksynergy affiliate coding confuses the redirection protocol with certain areas of LEGO's domain. Chalk it up to "it shouldn't work like that but it does". :dontknow:

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

I feel like they just didn't give enough support to Chima the first go around.  Maybe if they really got behind it it would do better.  That's my vote anyway.

For me the weakest part was the television series. Looking back at the sets which had really cool designs, interesting looking personas, all with a relatively intriguing backstory to then be disappointed by what to me felt like an underwhelming lack of effort into any of the animated series. The characters there had little depth or growth if any, the scenarios felt flimsy with haphazard outcomes when there was anything to overcome to begin with, and barely any semblance of an arching plot between episodes.

By comparison, Ninjago beat Chima by a good mile in both the series and toy line especially in terms of consistency. The cast of Ninjago was also more focused when I think about it over Chima's hundred something lineup. I apologize to anyone whom did enjoy the Legends of Chima series. I suppose my first impression to Chima with all those sets showed me great potential in world building and storytelling. Instead we got the likes of an entire episode revolving around ....a farting skunk. I am all for a good "pull my finger" joke but come on.

Well, this is kinda cool - but the voting options will make the results not reflect true theme popularity.

So many space and castles sub-theme options will split the vote - but only one train.

The voting method should have one voting option per theme (they could always have had a follow-up subtheme vote).

• Like 1

Little disappointed there is no western option.  I'd take anything that got one of those 3D base plates.

Didn’t even think about it until you mentioned it.

Almost wish they would have done three rounds, where they lumped everything into more general categories - like Space/M-Tron/Space Police or the different Castle or Pirate themes.

Then if a particular general theme made it to the top 3, then split it up.

Someone else mentioned splitting the vote right now, and maybe this would have helped with that.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Little disappointed there is no western option.  I'd take anything that got one of those 3D base plates.

I agree with you.  

It would have been nicer if they grouped everything like others have said (all space, all castles, etc.).  Then have a second round of voting to narrow the specifics.

I looked at a few of the votes and was surprised how many are voting for bionicles.  I didn't check a lot but it was the most common that I saw.

• Like 1

There is a section towards the end where you can write in a theme. I chose Western. Write in's never win, yet if we had enough people write in the theme, you would hope Lego would take notice. Sadly though, I suspect whichever themes are in the final 3 will never resonate with Lego that adults want these sets. 

Edited by Aup27