eBay Managed Payments: Problems & Concerns

NIevo

1 minute ago, KShine said:

Is this happening with listings in the managed payments? The % ad fee (if applicable) normally shows under each transaction, how is it showing up? 2 deductions or double the amount it should be?

1 minute ago, KShine said:

Is this happening with listings in the managed payments? The % ad fee (if applicable) normally shows under each transaction, how is it showing up? 2 deductions or double the amount it should be?

2, 3 sometimes 4 different deductions at different times in different payouts for the same sale. IE, -$1.37 on Feb 3. Another -$1.37 on Feb 10. And another -$1.37 on Feb 14. This has happened on 3 different sales. 

4 minutes ago, Brad W said:

2, 3 sometimes 4 different deductions at different times in different payouts for the same sale. IE, -$1.37 on Feb 3. Another -$1.37 on Feb 10. And another -$1.37 on Feb 14. This has happened on 3 different sales. 

Are they separate sales (sold the same item multiple times)? - you are meant to pay the % rate per sale.

Edited by KShine

2 minutes ago, KShine said:

Are they separate sales (sold the same item multiple times)? - you are meant to pay the % rate per sale.

Am I not explaining this correctly? I know how the ad fee works...I have been charged the same amount multiple times for the same sale item...IE, -$1.37 on Feb 3. Another -$1.37 on Feb 10. And another -$1.37 on Feb 14. All from the same Sale!  Not different sales. 

We apologize for the inconvenience. You will see credits and/or debits in your account.
Between October 2020 and January 2021, some sellers were mischarged for shipping label costs.

We’ve corrected the issue, and you’ll see credits and/or debits in your account over the next week to adjust for this error.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your understanding on this matter.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay,
Your eBay Team

Just now, KShine said:

We apologize for the inconvenience. You will see credits and/or debits in your account.
Between October 2020 and January 2021, some sellers were mischarged for shipping label costs.

We’ve corrected the issue, and you’ll see credits and/or debits in your account over the next week to adjust for this error.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your understanding on this matter.

Your eBay Team

No explanations about this???

19 hours ago, KShine said:

Your eBay Team

I actually received some credits - no real explanation though (what they do show doesn't seem to reconcile).

edit - I might be making some sense of this. I think they might have been overcharging $1 for some foreign shipping for a while. I had noticed at some point (months back) that the charges which had previously been charging $13 suddenly started charging $12 (which seemed odd). The accumulated $'s from those transactions might add up.

Edited by KShine

I just had my 1st transaction since switching to Managed Payments, is there a way to charge shipping costs the money eBay is holding?  Or is Paypal / Bank account / credit card the only option?

Yes. I think it is located at the bottom of the shipping page when you go to create a label. You can select pay from pending funds or PayPal/bank account.
  • Like 1

Haha, well thanks for the email information. i have gotten nothing from them even though I've contacted them numerous times about my concerns. I think I have all but 1 shipping fee credited back to my account. But, no real explanation from them about what happened. 

Mark Twain, I think I will try what you mention. I never had an issue with Paypal, so until they un-fuXX this MP problem, I will try it. Thx

Good info here...Appreciate it!

Lol. I don't know if it will wind up being this way in the future, but I wish that every transaction was its own separate payout. Or is there a way to request eBay to do this? So many different fees and transactions on 1 payout, it gets really confusing. At least for me it is. Haha

12 minutes ago, Brad W said:

Lol. I don't know if it will wind up being this way in the future, but I wish that every transaction was its own separate payout. Or is there a way to request eBay to do this? So many different fees and transactions on 1 payout, it gets really confusing. At least for me it is. Haha

You can go to Payments -> Reports to create reports which show details of each transaction

Yeah, I have been using this to make sure all the fees and transactions are legit, but what I'm saying is that if each payout was for each sale, it would be easier. (The way it was with Paypal).

At least for me, when I get a payout that has 10-15 different items on it, it gets confusing. 

41 minutes ago, Brad W said:

Yeah, I have been using this to make sure all the fees and transactions are legit, but what I'm saying is that if each payout was for each sale, it would be easier. (The way it was with Paypal).

At least for me, when I get a payout that has 10-15 different items on it, it gets confusing. 

The way Managed Payment is setup is closer to Amazon's payment system.  Since eBay have been desperately trying to copy Amazon for the past 5 years, this thing is not going to change anytime soon

On 3/4/2021 at 1:00 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

The way Managed Payment is setup is closer to Amazon's payment system.  Since eBay have been desperately trying to copy Amazon for the past 5 years, this thing is not going to change anytime soon

Understood. Well we are just going to have to work with it then. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone had much experience with payment disputes with ebay managed payments?

The buyer made a scam claim (opening a payment dispute through paypal). In the past, I would address those issues directly through my paypal. But under ebay managed payments, I am completely out of the loop (but the buyer believes I am in the know). How exactly is this being handled? I was notified of the dispute, able to submit a photo in defense, but have no access to providing any additional info, or seeing its progress.

The buyer has been receiving updates, returning the item, (and apparently getting refunded), but I have yet to hear from ebay (or have any deduction from my funds).

2 hours ago, KShine said:

Has anyone had much experience with payment disputes with ebay managed payments?

The buyer made a scam claim (opening a payment dispute through paypal). In the past, I would address those issues directly through my paypal. But under ebay managed payments, I am completely out of the loop (but the buyer believes I am in the know). How exactly is this being handled? I was notified of the dispute, able to submit a photo in defense, but have no access to providing any additional info, or seeing its progress.

The buyer has been receiving updates, returning the item, (and apparently getting refunded), but I have yet to hear from ebay (or have any deduction from my funds).

Are those details not showing up on your Resolution Center page ?

https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/