Jump to content

eBay Managed Payments: Problems & Concerns


NIevo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I switched over in late December. The first few sales went through fairly easily, so I figured everything had moved over without any issues. It does get kinda confusing when they add 3 or 4 shipping charges with-in the same payout, especially if some are different charges for the same sale, lol. Now, it seems like every one of my sales has an issue. For those who read this, my advice would be to stay on top of your items and look for added charges when you get your payouts. I don't think eBay is doing this on purpose, but who knows. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity, what are the current seller fees being taken out? I switched over a few weeks ago and from doing calculations I'm having more than 12.35% + .30 taken out of my pay out.

 

I sold something the other day for $135.00 and was paid $116.67. If the calculation above is correct, shouldnt I have received $118.02?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Aup27 said:

Out of curiosity, what are the current seller fees being taken out? I switched over a few weeks ago and from doing calculations I'm having more than 12.35% + .30 taken out of my pay out.

 

I sold something the other day for $135.00 and was paid $116.67. If the calculation above is correct, shouldnt I have received $118.02?

I'm still around the 13% mark. I thought they said it would be a lower rate than with PayPal...But it isn't.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Aup27 said:

Out of curiosity, what are the current seller fees being taken out? I switched over a few weeks ago and from doing calculations I'm having more than 12.35% + .30 taken out of my pay out.

 

I sold something the other day for $135.00 and was paid $116.67. If the calculation above is correct, shouldnt I have received $118.02?

Did the $135 include sales tax? If it didn’t, then that is likely the difference as now you are paying 12.35% on the sales tax as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

Did the $135 include sales tax? If it didn’t, then that is likely the difference as now you are paying 12.35% on the sales tax as well

Thank you, thats the difference. Maybe I missed something prior to managed payments, but I dont remember that being taken out of my final value fee. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AUP27 just opened my eyes again to something that is an issue for me. If 12.35% +.30 is what every sale is supposed to be, then I'm getting hosed once again. I just went through 4 of my most recent sales, including tax and I'm at 13.1%. I need to get on the chat again. lol 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Brad W said:

AUP27 just opened my eyes again to something that is an issue for me. If 12.35% +.30 is what every sale is supposed to be, then I'm getting hosed once again. I just went through 4 of my most recent sales, including tax and I'm at 13.1%. I need to get on the chat again. lol 

 

There are also some instances where they add additional fees (i.e international buyers). I’m sure there is others but that has been the only one I have personally encountered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

 

eBay continues to enhance the selling experience, and we have important updates for the coming weeks.

Simplified fees
eBay has created a simpler and more modern billing process to pay your eBay fees and expenses. Beginning in late March, eBay will phase out the billing of selling fees and expenses via a monthly invoice. Instead, eBay will collect fees and other expenses, such as those resulting from refunds, claims or disputes directly from your earnings. If your earnings are not sufficient to cover these amounts, we will charge your payment method on file (debit or credit card, and/or linked bank account).

Examples of eBay selling fees include but are not limited to: insertion fees, promoted listings, listing upgrades, and store subscription fees.
You may find information on fees and expenses via the reports functionality in the Payments tab in Seller Hub.
Depending on your monthly billing invoice date, you may continue to receive invoices for both March and April. You must still pay any outstanding amounts that are reflected on billing invoices that you receive during this time. Charges will not be duplicated.

So when are they going to charge the Fedex & UPS labels ?  Right now these are charged when the invoice is out, as supposed to USPS that charges as you purchase the labels. I see potential problems here.

Also, LOL at the highlighted sentence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

So when are they going to charge the Fedex & UPS labels ?  Right now these are charged when the invoice is out, as supposed to USPS that charges as you purchase the labels. I see potential problems here.

Also, LOL at the highlighted sentence

Depending on the service and carrier you use it could be anywhere from a couple of days after delivery to a couple of weeks, based on my experience at least. UPS seems to take longer than Fedex.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

Depending on the service and carrier you use it could be anywhere from a couple of days after delivery to a couple of weeks, based on my experience at least. UPS seems to take longer than Fedex.

How does Amazon charge UPS labels as we print them ? 

eBay is trying so hard to be like Amazon, even Managed Payment looks and feels like Amazon's payment system

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

How does Amazon charge UPS labels as we print them ? 

eBay is trying so hard to be like Amazon, even Managed Payment looks and feels like Amazon's payment system

No idea, wish that would be the case on eBay too...

If only we could get the same prices for those of us not able to sell on Amazon lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

So when are they going to charge the Fedex & UPS labels ?  Right now these are charged when the invoice is out, as supposed to USPS that charges as you purchase the labels. I see potential problems here.

Also, LOL at the highlighted sentence

Ummmm yeah, haha. I'm dealing with an item right now that has been charged for shipping 4 different times. Yes 4. All different prices too. The gal I spoke with today said it shows that a UPS shipping label was purchased for each one. This item was delivered 17 days ago, and I was charged again yesterday for shipping????? SMH at eBay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Brad W said:

Ummmm yeah, haha. I'm dealing with an item right now that has been charged for shipping 4 different times. Yes 4. All different prices too. The gal I spoke with today said it shows that a UPS shipping label was purchased for each one. This item was delivered 17 days ago, and I was charged again yesterday for shipping????? SMH at eBay. 

Thats why my shipping isnt charged to my ebay account - i kept it on paypal.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Brad W said:

I used to pay UPS directly, but I guess that changed at some point this last year...

I am guessing it has something to do with the problem.  I did not see any problem (knock knock) with UPS labels.   And I have not used UPS until recently so I did not use the old system setup (ie. paying directly to UPS)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this is all tied to Managed Payments. I never had 1 problem with being overcharged until I switched over...(Late December). It's not all shipping problems for me. I have also been overcharged on percentage being taken out and multiple ad fee charges. 😤

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Brad W said:

Right, but being charged numerous times for the same sale is the problem. 

Is this happening with listings in the managed payments? The % ad fee (if applicable) normally shows under each transaction, how is it showing up? 2 deductions or double the amount it should be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...