eBay Managed Payments: Problems & Concerns

NIevo

Been on eBay managed payouts for a while now through my store.  Never had any issue up until a week ago.  I now have 6 payouts that say that they were declined and waiting to retry?  I've never had an issue before and nothing has changed on my accounts or bank.  Called my CU and they said there haven't been any attempts made for deposits so it's on eBay's end.  As we all know it is also now impossible to talk to anyone at eBay as they no longer have a phone service nor customer service🤬  Not sure what to do.  Community is full of similar complaints about not actually being able to get ahold of anyone with eBay for resolving issues.

33 minutes ago, NIevo said:

Been on eBay managed payouts for a while now through my store.  Never had any issue up until a week ago.  I now have 6 payouts that say that they were declined and waiting to retry?  I've never had an issue before and nothing has changed on my accounts or bank.  Called my CU and they said there haven't been any attempts made for deposits so it's on eBay's end.  As we all know it is also now impossible to talk to anyone at eBay as they no longer have a phone service nor customer service🤬  Not sure what to do.  Community is full of similar complaints about not actually being able to get ahold of anyone with eBay for resolving issues.

Difficult to get a hold of yes, but impossible?

40 minutes ago, NIevo said:

I had an issue that recently cleared up on it's own.  I was able to get a hold of them.  If you go to seller hub and click the Payments tab there is a floating help navigation tile with a phone icon.  It's not always enabled but if you catch it during the day you can ask for them to call you.  Wait time is usually 2 hours and from my experience it's more like 4 hours.  Keep trying throughout the day - I think the service goes dark if the call volume gets too high.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2020 at 8:33 PM, BrickLegacy said:

I had an issue that recently cleared up on it's own.  I was able to get a hold of them.  If you go to seller hub and click the Payments tab there is a floating help navigation tile with a phone icon.  It's not always enabled but if you catch it during the day you can ask for them to call you.  Wait time is usually 2 hours and from my experience it's more like 4 hours.  Keep trying throughout the day - I think the service goes dark if the call volume gets too high.

If only I could.  Every day the phone option says unavailable except for once that said 2 hour wait.  6 hours later when they closed still no callback.  Can't use the contact feature through Facebook as they said they can't help.  I just fail to understand how a company can hold thousands of dollars from you with no form of communication or way to contact!

Anyone familiar with how ebay is handling cc chargebacks ("buyer didn't order item, or buyer doesn't recognize transaction")?
Paypal was good, in that they wouldn't freeze my funds, and as long as I had the valid tracking, in time things would resolve in my favor.

That’s a good question considering that eBay is now the payment processing service. The automated holding of funds from future payouts once someone raises and INR makes me think they don’t have the human personal in place to handle all the advanced issues like charge backs, fraud, etc.

28 minutes ago, KShine said:

Anyone familiar with how ebay is handling cc chargebacks ("buyer didn't order item, or buyer doesn't recognize transaction")?

Paypal was good, in that they wouldn't freeze my funds, and as long as I had the valid tracking, in time things would resolve in my favor.

CC Chargeback was handled by holding your funds, then you have to respond with providing tracking # on the related eBay case/dispute that was opened for that chargeback.  Then you wait until the decision was made by eBay.  Favorable decision meant they released the fund back to you after 4-5 days.

This was similar to what Paypal did.  Paypal also held funds when a dispute was opened directly via Paypal (ie. bypassing eBay).

• Darth_Raichu changed the title to eBay Managed Payments: Problems & Concerns

Also with ebay, I have always found that oversights almost always go against you.

If there is a fee/charge that should take place against you, that will process nearly 100% of the time, but if there is an exception (in your favor), somehow that will often tend to slip through the cracks (unless you call them on it).

tumblr_mxoadj4nYG1rt6c71o1_500.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KShine said:

Also with ebay, I have always found that oversights almost always go against you.

If there is a fee/charge that should take place against you, that will process nearly 100% of the time, but if there is an exception (in your favor), somehow that will often tend to slip through the cracks (unless you call them on it).

Yeah, been trying to get a double charge refunded for a shipping label for weeks now and nothing

If only I could.  Every day the phone option says unavailable except for once that said 2 hour wait.  6 hours later when they closed still no callback.  Can't use the contact feature through Facebook as they said they can't help.  I just fail to understand how a company can hold thousands of dollars from you with no form of communication or way to contact!

Try first thing in the morning. I only had to wait 45 minutes for a callback today.

• 5 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

I just recently switched over to Ebay manage payments. I sold a set this morning and there is no pending activity with my bank account or PayPal. Is this normal?

Payments are no longer instantly available, they disburse daily or weekly depending on your selection. You should be able to see a “Processing” item for the amount of the sale, net of fees, under your Payments section. I am not close to my computer, otherwise I would screenshot how it looks but hopefully you can find it.

It usually takes a couple of days for ebay to complete “processing” a transaction before they disburse it to your account.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, scatmanjack said:

Easy method to refund a buyer a few bucks for shipping discount under new payment system?  If there is I cannot locate it...

Go to Sold items, from the drop down menu for that transaction (on the left) choose send refund, fill in the amount and send.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Brad W said:

Anyone having issues with being charged incorrect shipping amounts and/or double shipping charges when you get your payout information. This has happened twice in three weeks. Was waiting to see if it cleared up on its own, but up until now it hasn't. Thx. 

Yes this just happened to me. At first I thought it was my mistake and I accidentally purchased 2 shipping labels, but on further inspection it was not. Please let us know if/how this gets resolved. I will do the same

ebay glitch that is happening - I have seen it happen occasionally, but it is happening a lot at this point (6 times in the last day already).

Sometimes when I sell an item (but have multiples available, and they are all listed as gtc), or even without a sale taking place, the listing will end itself without warning - if you look at the item detail, it will state: 

"You ended this listing by indicating this item is no longer available."

This is completely false - is anyone familiar with what is going on?

Edited by KShine

On 2/9/2021 at 4:26 AM, tyskr28 said:

Yes this just happened to me. At first I thought it was my mistake and I accidentally purchased 2 shipping labels, but on further inspection it was not. Please let us know if/how this gets resolved. I will do the same

Sounds good. Thx.

Good to know. I have about 3 items where the shipping fee was charged 3 times. How does that even happen? 3 items that were charged twice for ad fees and a fraud claim that I was charged twice for. You'd think this company had just started their business with all the mistakes. Glad to know yours was worked out. Currently I can't even call or chat with them because they are to busy. lol. Thx for sharing your experience. 

On 12/24/2020 at 7:25 AM, KShine said:

That's shitty business. Much like cell phone companies. It is your responsibility to make sure you aren't getting F'd from behind. I know this is probably because of the new payout system, but c'mon. How many people have had this issue and either didn't catch it, or just said screw it it ain't worth the hassle? I'm Seriously thinking about being done with ebay. 

Ok, so update. After a few days of no luck with phone calls, I chatted with an agent. I had 12 disputes on 6 different item numbers. One of them was a fraud case from someone who bought an item of mine, but messaged me to say not to ship it because he didn't authorize the sale, but all the rest were eBay over charging me for things.

So anyway, we went through each one and he said that he was putting in a claim for me to get the funds back. $71.35. Said 3-5 business days. I have a reference number as well. I will let you know if/when I get the money back. 

• Like 2

so I had to link a bank account to support managed payments...I didn't want Ebay anywhere near my active accounts...so i linked to a low amount account...anyway I get an alert indicating that some issues w/ the account I linked and had to be fixed before I can have any $$$ transferred to it. While I was working on a solution, Ebay has no problem taking money out to pay fees. So apparently the account is only a problem to move money in, but not a problem to take money out. 🙄

• Haha 1

so I had to link a bank account to support managed payments...I didn't want Ebay anywhere near my active accounts...so i linked to a low amount account...anyway I get an alert indicating that some issues w/ the account I linked and had to be fixed before I can have any $$$ transferred to it. While I was working on a solution, Ebay has no problem taking money out to pay fees. So apparently the account is only a problem to move money in, but not a problem to take money out. 

There was a back and forth that I went through once I switched to managed payments but it resolved itself within about three days. They may be having issues with the system again and have sent out notices that it was glitchy a few hours or days after they’ve resolved it.