3315 - Olivia's House

cflannagan

It`s quite a good set from what I gather, and should do quite well. At $60 it`s a safe bet, but I would wait to be honest. The year is just beginning, plenty of discounts to be had before the holiday rush starts up again. My feel is that better discounts, if you want to make more money, should come around, though you really won`t lose at $60 if you were to buy in now. 

I would bet:

- it will get below $60 this summer a bunch

- it will get to $100 if it is gone by Christmas. 

This is one set that is available pretty much everywhere in my area, so it looks like it is sticking around. I still like it long term and have a few.

This. It's pretty much a guarantee. You can't go wrong getting this at $60. If the economy tanks, you'll still be able to net $80 on this set.

• Like 1

The ultimate question may be whether you think that Lego will keep this theme alive for many more years to come? At the moment, it looks like the case because Friends is really popular and the line up of 2014 Friends sets and TV shows indicate that the company is giving full support to this theme. As such the first generation sets should do well after EOL, particularly the mid and large size sets.

I am not concerned that Friends sets are widely available because few investors are hoarding this theme ATM. Most of the wave 1 sets have probably been opened and played.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very good theme in terms of design and target audience, but I would not bet on it becoming next modular buildings or UCS so it is not a buy and hold for few years theme.  More of a buy now at steep discount sell at Christmas rush for retail or a little over retail.  Question becomes how much discount is to shoot for? 

This set will do over 100$ come Christmas ... Excellent playability and its the only full house -think a doll house- the friends' theme. Yes it has lingered more than the other 4 digit sets, but I have noticed that retailers are not restocking their shelves with it.

It will do well with a certain popular house that sits on a tree so that is another thing to think about.

I was able to get most of mine @ BN for 52$ after tax, they use to have tons of them. Can't find any now over there.

This set will do over 100$ come Christmas ... Excellent playability and its the only full house -think a doll house- the friends' theme. Yes it has lingered more than the other 4 digit sets, but I have noticed that retailers are not restocking their shelves with it.

It will do well with a certain popular house that sits on a tree so that is another thing to think about.

I was able to get most of mine @ BN for 52$ after tax, they use to have tons of them. Can't find any now over there.

I have 14 of them, it would be greatly appreciated if Lego would discontinue this set asap 

• 4 weeks later...

Are those two in for the entire of 2014? People are crazy about the smaller 4-digit sets and the dolphine cruiser, I almost feel those two become sleepers. 3185 is still the biggest Friends set and 3315 is a incredibly detailed house. Is there any chance they will retire in the middle of year?

Those sets will do pretty good once they retire. It will take longer for the house to appreciate as it has been widely available and discounted for a long time. I also think that both are going to be retired in 2014, probably towards the end.

That's what they said about the 10197 FB which has just gone. Everyone apparently had it, yet its up 50% above RRP in the UK.

I hope these stick around til June time, then go. If so I predict

My only concern is all the new 2014 Friends sets look pretty awesome, e.***. Juice Bar, Sunshine Ranch, Horse Show, Stephanie's Beach House...

By 2014 Christmas, will ppl still willing to pay over $100 for an old Friends set when they could get a newer and better looking one for less?

I agree with you.  If I have a $100 budget for a niece, I would rather get the Cinderella Castle plus another Disney princess set.  Although I have not bought any Friends or Princess sets, I have to say that I am quite impress by the Cinderella Castle set and the other Disney princess sets.