Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2021

https://www.lego.com/cart?product=910033 Old Train Shed https://www.lego.com/cart?product=910029 Mountain Fortress https://www.lego.com/cart?product=910032 Parisian Street https://www.lego.com/cart?product=910031 General Store https://www.lego.com/cart?product=910030 Snack Shack

Sorry for formatting - use these links to get your orders in.
The hero we need :)

Thanks!

Yay LEGO!

5 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

someone scraped the sales: 

Title: Old Train Engine Shed, Percent Sold: 68.6233% Title: Mountain Fortress, Percent Sold: 96.0367% Title: Parisian Street, Percent Sold: 40.0133% Title: General Store, Percent Sold: 51.3633% Title: Snack Shack, Percent Sold: 73.3267%

Fortress bar was close to finished. Yet as I was refreshing every few minutes it just went back down some. 

43 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

Fortress bar was close to finished. Yet as I was refreshing every few minutes it just went back down some. 

They were probably canceling @Bricklectic multiple orders of 2 🤣

ETA: Poof in exactly 3 hours.

I wonder if they will cancel the orders for resellers that went over. Limit 2 per order was in effect but not 2 per account. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm very excited for the Caste / Fortress for personal build. If you bought for investment I think that one will do quite well, lots of interest from us rabid castle fans for this one. I also ordered the General Store. I have the Saloon from the first program and think the two should look really good together, though admittedly I only built half of the Saloon before setting it aside due to the frustration of differentiating the browns and dark browns in the instructions. So the Store will go to the "one day..." pile. 

11 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

The hateful comments from those that were sleeping are already starting to poor in. 

As discussed, when even the reviewers were pitching this as an investment, you are going to get plenty of people who don't usually "invest" in LEGO jumping in on this to make money off of it. It will be interesting to see if LEGO has a response to the rage. I didn't have a lot of time to spend refreshing this morning, so huge thanks to the post with the links!!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, legorunner said:

I'm very excited for the Caste / Fortress for personal build. If you bought for investment I think that one will do quite well, lots of interest from us rabid castle fans for this one. I also ordered the General Store. I have the Saloon from the first program and think the two should look really good together, though admittedly I only built half of the Saloon before setting it aside due to the frustration of differentiating the browns and dark browns in the instructions. So the Store will go to the "one day..." pile. 

I am also stoked about the sets I ordered (Castle,train shed,western store)  especially with the release of the medieval town square. I've wanted the 09' Market village but have been reluctant to buy after hearing it was known for some brittle parts.  I Also Built that ADP Saloon and definitely had the bright lamps out for those pesky Brown shades on that manual. But at least It had an actual manual.

• Like 2

BL Official response to the endless complaining in the comments section on the castle set:

Thank you to everyone who participated in Crowdfunding for Series 1, and a big congratulations to SleeplessNight on his very popular Mountain Fortress. The popularity of Series 1 has been incredible and far exceeds our expectations. Looking back, the BrickLink Designer Program 2021 Invitational started off with a maximum of 10,000 sets, and Series 1 planned for 20,000 and was only recently increased to 30,000 sets to help address availability concerns. To dispel any theories, we are limited in scope by our production slot, which is planned with the factory before Submission Intake of the Series even begins. While BrickLink may be part of the LEGO Group, we are still a very small program in the scope of the LEGO portfolio and must work within the production allotment we receive. To be clear, we are not intentionally creating a shortage of sets. That would be a bad business practice, as you can see it only creates upset customers. Unfortunately, the downside of the rising popularity of the BrickLink Designer Program is that we do not have the ability to match production capacity in real time. We appreciate your enthusiasm for the BrickLink Designer Program and look forward to bringing you many more incredible fan designs in future Series!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1