77905 - Taskmaster's Ambush

BricksBrotha

It went private right after Amazon did the accidental release of the Nebulon-B Frigate with no limit on purchases, I think.  I think the thread was referenced in a Brickset.com comment and was subsequently made private.  But to be honest i'm not sure why.

2 minutes ago, Aib84e said:

Maybe we can start a new thread and abandon the other one? 

it was locked by Jeff Mack so i'll let someone else make that call.

77904 went on sale the first night of amazon prime day under some random yellow box and number, not showing the actual set.  you could put as many as you wanted in your cart and checkout and roll the dice.

the next day the order shows the correct box and name under the order but now the actual amazon page with the set is unsearchable.

supposed to ship on Nov 15.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cladner said:

it was locked by Jeff Mack so i'll let someone else make that call.

77904 went on sale the first night of amazon prime day under some random yellow box and number, not showing the actual set.  you could put as many as you wanted in your cart and checkout and roll the dice.

the next day the order shows the correct box and name under the order but now the actual amazon page with the set is unsearchable.

supposed to ship on Nov 15.

That is what I had heard about the set description on amazon.  And yes, all links are dead to that original release, same with the truck event of 77905, that link broken.  It is showing as coming soon on amazon under Lego but no link to actual product. 

34 minutes ago, Aib84e said:

That is what I had heard about the set description on amazon.  And yes, all links are dead to that original release, same with the truck event of 77905, that link broken.  It is showing as coming soon on amazon under Lego but no link to actual product. 

so anybody actually got this set in hands?

26 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet - I’m sure it probably has - but it looks like this is the only way to get Red Guardian right?

Yes, exclusive Red Guardian minifigure 

Its on Lego's website that it is an exclusive figure so far the only way to get it is this set. If anyone made in future will have slight differences to keep this as an exclusive figure. 

18 hours ago, Aib84e said:

Official by Lego late on Nov 7

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--858946220.thumb.jpeg.ecbc5b409117f1d3e1d3f5ef9b7979c6.jpeg

Looks like this image doesn't have the comic con stripe and badge on the box unlike the pic in the reddit post

On 11/7/2020 at 11:25 AM, keymomachine said:
Link to reddit, not my post: My Lego Haul From Legoland Discovery Center

Like I said, some folks have been able to buy it at LL Discovery Centers.

Not sure if there is discussion in the hidden thread on the Nebulon-B about Lego pulling their ad.  Does this warrant a new thread on the topic, maybe as 0637 40977, keep more eyes from finding it?   I just don't know if we should use this thread to talk about a different set?