77905 - Taskmaster's Ambush

BricksBrotha

9 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

No limit on the main site best I can tell.  

hmm now it says limit 1

So I wonder if they will honor orders put in before they changed the limits? I was able to order more than 1...I have the confirmation stating delivery tomorrow by 9pm...we'll see

• Like 1

I don't like the potential performance for a set that everyone and their grandmother is buying one of, and trying to flip. All after what happened to Bespin... and the fabled Nebulon B incident. 

This could be a long hold on a 230 piece set that you drop $40 on. 

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 2

I don't like the potential performance for a set that everyone and their grandmother is buying one of, and trying to flip. All after what happened to Bespin... and the fabled Nebulon B incident. 

I honestly find this set to be boring, too. I’m no great arbiter of awesome vs not awesome sets, but this set is just “meh” to me.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

I don't like the potential performance for a set that everyone and their grandmother is buying one of, and trying to flip, after what happened to Bespin... and the fabled Nebulon B incident. 

you do you but Bespin is selling for 2x  and thats a 2month hold.. i don't know how much more you want out of these sets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

I honestly find this set to be boring, too. I’m no great arbiter of awesome vs not awesome sets, but this set is just “meh” to me.

i picked up one just for the FOMO reasoning. Yeah, this one is only just ok...not mind blowing or anything. I'm trying to see if the Black Widow movie release will make a difference. There's only one other Lego set released for the film right? And if the movie lands on streaming only and not theaters, will that make a difference?

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

you do you but Bespin is selling for 2x  and thats a 2month hold.. i don't know how much more you want out of these sets.

It's not the set itself, it's the amount of hands on them. The more sets that end up in reseller hands, the better the aftermarket price. If everyone gets a single set, there are that many more potential flippers meaning undercutting and price stagnation. 

Bespin started off with a storm after the redcard release, because most non-resellers were not aware you could just place more orders as Target has a history of never enforcing limits. It was also helped by the "redcard" aspect, as those without one already were not going to get approved for one before the set was gone. The set was going for triple for quite awhile. Then the SAH release of the set allowed more hands in the pot, and the price has dropped to just double.