Harry Potter 2021

benjamin4172

I'm impressed by what has been shown so far. The first leaked pictures of the COS set looked meh, it's looking much better from the front. Chess looks nice, I was wondering how they were going to be able to sell it for the listed price with so many minifigures, so the fact that they are all brick build clears that up.

My take on the buildable figures: Lego has figured out that people will buy regular sets with minifigures, Brickheadz, Brick Sketches, head pieces/busts/helmets, and now these. Selling the same thing in 4 different sizes, which is why I quit brickheadz. I think they're cool but just couldn't deal with another completion

Now wait on the D2C. It sounded for the longest time like it would be 7th movie/book Gringotts with Dragon, but now it seems to be "various buildable objects" which would be kind of a bummer imo with the content available

2 hours ago, t_mafia said:

I'm impressed by what has been shown so far. The first leaked pictures of the COS set looked meh, it's looking much better from the front. Chess looks nice, I was wondering how they were going to be able to sell it for the listed price with so many minifigures, so the fact that they are all brick build clears that up.

My take on the buildable figures: Lego has figured out that people will buy regular sets with minifigures, Brickheadz, Brick Sketches, head pieces/busts/helmets, and now these. Selling the same thing in 4 different sizes, which is why I quit brickheadz. I think they're cool but just couldn't deal with another completion

Now wait on the D2C. It sounded for the longest time like it would be 7th movie/book Gringotts with Dragon, but now it seems to be "various buildable objects" which would be kind of a bummer imo with the content available

I generally agree.  I think the big picture thing for me (a fan of LEGO and HP) is after seeing these images I am "excited" and that bolds well for the series and overall for HP reselling.  Old or new, when consumers are excited about a brand...everything sells.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coelian said:

All sets have been revealed, https://www.stonewars.de/news/vorstellung-harry-potter-sommer-2021/

The good news is that none of the gold figures is in a 400 bucks set. The chess set is close to the movie material but for some reason I feel a little underwhelmed. 

Stonewars state set 40495 with description "BrickHeadz (Harry, Hermione, Ron and Hagrid?)". Really hope they don't re-release the BrickHeadz as previous ones performing very well.

3 hours ago, coelian said:

All sets have been revealed, https://www.stonewars.de/news/vorstellung-harry-potter-sommer-2021/

The good news is that none of the gold figures is in a 400 bucks set. The chess set is close to the movie material but for some reason I feel a little underwhelmed. 

To me the chess pieces need to be a bit taller (and wider).  Ron looks ridiculous sitting on the Knight

14 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Stonewars state set 40495 with description "BrickHeadz (Harry, Hermione, Ron and Hagrid?)". Really hope they don't re-release the BrickHeadz as previous ones performing very well.

4 in 1 Brickheadz pack ? 🧐 I am guessing $60 MSRP to reflect inflation
Perhaps these are teenage version of the students? The same design like the old ones, except they will have an additional 1x2 flat for each leg :D

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stuco191 said:

I think 4048 Mech Lab was a khols exclusive and it’s a pretty rare set. So you might be on to something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brickset doesn't have 4048 listed as "Retail Limted" so not sure.  I didn't know that Kohls sold lego on 2003. 

Brickset doesn't have 4048 listed as "Retail Limted" so not sure.  I didn't know that Kohls sold lego on 2003. 

BrickLink says it was but tbh I have no idea! I think this set was in their limited toy department back in the day. I believe they have only had a formal lego section the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it did, it stopped sometime thereafter before resuming 3-4 years ago in the wake of TRU's end.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

New pictures of 40495 brickheads set leaked on Instagram. 4 pack of Harry / Ron / Hermione and Hagrid. Hagrod looks like same build as previously just with different clothes, the rest are shorter in height. 

I think this will affect previous sets sales, but the BrickHeadz completionists will still want the originals as they look better.

13 hours ago, Voltron said:

New pictures of 40495 brickheads set leaked on Instagram. 4 pack of Harry / Ron / Hermione and Hagrid. Hagrod looks like same build as previously just with different clothes, the rest are shorter in height. 

I think this will affect previous sets sales, but the BrickHeadz completionists will still want the originals as they look better.

yeah, when it comes to Bhz..it's ALL ABOUT collectability so traditional set rules don't apply...these will likely make the earlier ones even more coveted.

basically new "gateway drugs" means more buyers which means more collectors, which mean more buyers overall for retired sets.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Voltron said:

I don't think 40495 will be a threat to previous Harry (includes Hedwig), Ron + Dumbledore, or Hermione BHz.  Hagrid is slightly different but if you want Buckbeak, you'll still want the original.

This new set has child versions of the kids.  I really dislike the glasses for Harry.  They are worse than Robin's from series 1.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-40495-brickheadz-harry-potter/121579/