Harry Potter 2021

benjamin4172

4 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Interesting. The chamber of secrets looks to be the main focus on this set, moulded basilisk sounds cool with extra some new figures.

I wonder how many people are dumping there great halls right now. It could be one of the worst afterlife performers of the whole theme. 

• Like 1

not sure how the current modular system will be compatible with a large subsurface build.  Also based on the price I can't see how LEGO can manage the scales of the great Hall and the Chamber of Secrets and do them justice.

Hogsmeade sets are really past due and will be welcomed; especially if matches with winter holiday sets.

What is all this talk about the 20th anniversary figures? (similar to SW?)

13 hours ago, raulaco said:

Interesting. The chamber of secrets looks to be the main focus on this set, moulded basilisk sounds cool with extra some new figures.

I wonder how many people are dumping there great halls right now. It could be one of the worst afterlife performers of the whole theme. 

The Great Hall is not even retired yet, why the need to dump it? I'm taking my time to sell mine as I see retail stocks running low. The delay of the retirement meant a longer hold but as it is one of the main sets in this line collectors will want it.

HP modulars are under the current veil of plentitude.

The Great Hall was wallowing in at a floor of $80 in 3rd party markets and finally started to reach a floor of RRP. Now i actually see Great Halls for $130 on Ebay.

Similarly, seeing Clock Tower hitting their floor of $60 and Astronomy Tower at $70.  

The lingering makes it very tough to buy-in. 

35 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

The Great Hall was wallowing in at a floor of $80 in 3rd party markets and finally started to reach a floor of RRP. Now i actually see Great Halls for $130 on Ebay.

Similarly, seeing Clock Tower hitting their floor of $60 and Astronomy Tower at $70.  

Great hall avail under msrp on AMZ/WMT

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-6212644-Hogwarts-75954-Building/dp/B07BKPKT2X

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-Great-Hall-75954-Toy-of-the-Year-2019/866533791

4 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

The Great Hall has been on sale for $60 on at least two separate occasions from several sources, including Barnes and Noble. 

15 minutes ago, Lobot said:

First Preliminary photos of the next HP sets have surfaced online (here).

Not overly impressed but the final versions may be more tempting - I don't think they'll have much of an impact on the future prospects of the 75953 & 75954!

Those look kinda awful.  Are they usually prettied up a lot between those kind of images and the final product?

16 minutes ago, Lobot said:

First Preliminary photos of the next HP sets have surfaced online (here).

Not overly impressed but the final versions may be more tempting - I don't think they'll have much of an impact on the future prospects of the 75953 & 75954!

wow very disappointing; it looks like they went back to 2006 or whatever the previous series were on shelves...Now I do see the castle modulars actually retiring...seems to be a complete break from the existing sets. 

27 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

wow very disappointing; it looks like they went back to 2006 or whatever the previous series were on shelves...Now I do see the castle modulars actually retiring...seems to be a complete break from the existing sets. 

I'm most perplexed by the change in roof color. Makes it look like a reboot of the entire them again. I expect a lot to change prior to release.

On 2/9/2021 at 1:58 PM, exracer327 said:

The Great Hall has been on sale for $60 on at least two separate occasions from several sources, including Barnes and Noble. 

I remember Walmart had it for $60 in stores, but those were rare finds -- at least for me.  When did B&N have it for $60?

These almost look 4+ish in size/build quality.  Definitely scaled down from the past series and 2010 run.  I feel much better about Great Hall after seeing these.  The set from the pics will largely stay the same.  Generally new elements/figures are about all that is missing from them.  I don't anticipate major changes from what you see here.  At least Hogsmeade appears to be more in line with what we have seen from the past wave in terms of quality/size.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...