75292 - The Razor Crest

MusiKyle

Does anyone know the weight of the razor crest set? I felt super lucky to get one that was returned to my local lego store last week. We’re wrapping gifts right now and I picked up the 20th anniversary Slave 1 set to move, then the Razor Crest and noticed it was definitely heavier, even though it has only a 16pc part count difference. I know different parts matter as well as the instruction book(s), but now I super paranoid that it was a sketchy return. So I grabbed the scale and there’s a 9 oz difference.
Slave 1 is 3lbs 6oz
Razor is 3lbs 15oz

Does that seem right?
Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Does anyone know the weight of the razor crest set? I felt super lucky to get one that was returned to my local lego store last week. We’re wrapping gifts right now and I picked up the 20th anniversary Slave 1 set to move, then the Razor Crest and noticed it was definitely heavier, even though it has only a 16pc part count difference. I know different parts matter as well as the instruction book(s), but now I super paranoid that it was a sketchy return. So I grabbed the scale and there’s a 9 oz difference.
Slave 1 is 3lbs 6oz
Razor is 3lbs 15oz

Does that seem right?
Thanks!

Yes. Razor is heavier than slave

30 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Slave 1 is 3lbs 6oz
Razor is 3lbs 15oz

Does that seem right?
Thanks!

9BB850E0-A507-4058-8646-F1C9D1C96F59.thumb.jpeg.d8f1ef3ed17b9a8cefc3e59f14abd9fa.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What's your thought on the Razor Crest now that the Christmas craziness is over and the ship blew up? Whatever stock is left, try to unload asap and hope to buy again later or hold firm and wait?

I'm confident it will do fine post retirement but it was so successful, it might stick around until 2022. So we may have to hold for a long time. And a long run increases the chance to maybe get a 20% off and/or pick it up with GWP.

48 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

What's your thought on the Razor Crest now that the Christmas craziness is over and the ship blew up? Whatever stock is left, try to unload asap and hope to buy again later or hold firm and wait?

I'm confident it will do fine post retirement but it was so successful, it might stick around until 2022. So we may have to hold for a long time. And a long run increases the chance to maybe get a 20% off and/or pick it up with GWP.

I think you answered your own question.

52 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

It just came out and the Christmas craziness is over. If you're holding onto these, I think that's silly. Grab them again when we know they're retiring.   It's a neat ship so it will hold its value but I wouldn't tie my money up in them right now.

1 hour ago, Brystheguy said:

It just came out and the Christmas craziness is over. If you're holding onto these, I think that's silly. Grab them again when we know they're retiring.   It's a neat ship so it will hold its value but I wouldn't tie my money up in them right now.

+1

This was our Dolphin Cruiser for the year -- now that people know it is in demand, there will be too much reseller competition until probably a year after it retires and then you will see profitable margins again.

If you are capable of doing some Craigslist transactions -- where you are not worried about returns when they come back in stock and middle-man fees -- then I'd flip them and wait for the sales like you mentioned.

I got screwed on this one.  I fully anticipated the Christmas shortage and had two dozen purchased through pre-orders just to make sure I had a decent stock ready.  Then I had crippling issues with my back that sidelined me from holiday sales this past season.  So, now I'm stuck holding them for a couple more years...

• 2 months later...

My assumption is that a paid Lego designer is building one now. Disney is all about the cash and they get a pretty hefty fee for the SW license.  I would be surprised if we don't have one at Christmas.  Mando has been the best thing for the brand in probably 10 years for the fan base.

• Like 1