75292 - The Razor Crest

MusiKyle

Is preordering a relatively new thing for Lego?

I noticed this can be preordered at LEGO Shop at Home, and I'm use to waiting until the night prior to pull the trigger.  There's no availability category called Pre-Order.  I filtered on available now and there it is.

Also, no box art yet, either.  Rushed this pic to market to be in the news like everyone else.  Can't wait to have this one.

Edit: I also like how it says it'll ship FROM Sept 1, not ON Sept 1.  Generally one would expect to have it shipped on that date and just wait ship time.  This sounds like a smeared blend of pre-order/ backorder/ you'll-get-it-when-you-get-it.

Screenshot_20200220-150817_Chrome.jpg

Edited by MusiKyle
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

76DAD9B8-FD8C-431C-822C-7C2FA7FE591C.jpeg

3E333630-B769-49E4-AA39-11E382567D32.jpeg

Pre-ordered BHZ and Razor. It's been slow buying lately, was getting the itch. long pre -order phase is different. I won't bank on these but different is good, leaves door open for unexpected rarity or something if things don't go smooth.  NOT LIKELY.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

What’s up with the name change?

A83CBF6C-56D5-464C-8F26-AD2D80E94D04.jpeg

My understanding is this copyright issue only affect Europe, not USA.  This will create an interesting reselling issue if they have one box for USA and another for Europe.  But which will become more valuable over time?  The USA title is more desirable but will the Europe version be more rare?

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, exracer327 said:

My understanding is this copyright issue only affect Europe, not USA.  This will create an interesting reselling issue if they have one box for USA and another for Europe.  But which will become more valuable over time?  The USA title is more desirable but will the Europe version be more rare?

Sticker vs no sticker...the ageless question

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Informative article re: European naming rights for the Razor Crest LEGO set.

https://www.holobrickarchive.com/2020/10/whats-in-a-name-how-the-razor-crest-became-the-mandalorian-bounty-hunter-transport/

Question:  Did LEGO Europe open pre-orders for the LEGO Razor Crest in April 2020 like it did in North America? 

If LEGO began taking orders in April 2020, I think the guy in Germany who placed the copywrite on the name "Razor Crest" (5/21/2020) for buildable toys might have a tough time justifying his action.  He began selling his buildable set (no pre-orders) in Aug 2020, which may explain LEGO scrambling at the last minute.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

Mandalorian Season 2 premiers Friday and looks like the Razor Crest is out of stock at Walmart and Target.  999+ at Amazon.  Available at Lego SAH.  But the holiday season is nearly upon on us.

2 down, 2 to go before I can start my gig-giggigty dance.

if i'm not mistaken razor crest is an amazon exclusive (other than shop at home)

well unless ur toys r us...

https://www.toysrus.com/lego-star-wars-the-mandalorian-the-razor-crest-75292-building-kit-amazon-exclusive-B0849GZMZH.html

Edited by cladner

36 minutes ago, cladner said:

if i'm not mistaken razor crest is an amazon exclusive (other than shop at home)

well unless ur toys r us...

https://www.toysrus.com/lego-star-wars-the-mandalorian-the-razor-crest-75292-building-kit-amazon-exclusive-B0849GZMZH.html

I had seen the third-party seller page on Walmart and presumed they were simply out of stock.

Oh well.  I better cancel my giddy party supplies order from Amazon.