75292 - The Razor Crest

MusiKyle

26 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I believe that was unique either to the EU or just Germany. Everywhere else it was still The Razor Crest.

Name "Razor Crest" was copywrited in Germany by a guy who produces his own knock-off LEGO sets.  Since Germany is part of the EU, by agreement, the copywrite applies across the whole EU.

I wonder if this is why Disney, err Moff Gideon destroyed the Razor Crest.  If they can't have it, no one will.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I believe that was unique either to the EU or just Germany. Everywhere else it was still The Razor Crest.

I remembered I posted the article I found about the name earlier in this thread.  Here is the article: https://www.holobrickarchive.com/2020/10/whats-in-a-name-how-the-razor-crest-became-the-mandalorian-bounty-hunter-transport/

I could not find any sort of review here so i thought I would leave some comments.

1.  Great build, did not lose in pieces and it did not fall apart when we moved homes.

2. Lots of play factors for those that still play - all the sides basically open up to different compartments ranging from weapons storage, to a bed, to the carbon freezing area. It also has a small escape pod on the top.

3. Scale-wise it is about the same size of the recent x-wing and TIE fighter from Solo.  It fits nicely in an IKEA glass cabinet that has the 4x enclosed shelves.

4. There are a few stickers to apply so the siding has some rust or discoloration to them.

5. Baby Yoda aka The Child aka Grugu is great.

• Like 1

Do you guys think this set falls off after Christmas? I'm surprised by how well this has been moving (I primarily check eBay). 50+ units sold per day lately, around $250 with shipping. I expect more supply to make it to stores in the coming weeks/month but wondering when others think these inflated prices and sales will come back down to earth.

7 hours ago, cardensb said:

SPOILER Alert

Hopefully, with the demise of the RC in season 2, the sets will remain available for those still searching but I assume the price will go up as collectors scramble since there is no reason to produce another RC any time soon.

Didn't this set only come out a couple months ago? I imagine it will be available for the entirety of 2021?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Minoly said:

Same here...I don’t know why this set is in high demand. I’m missing something.

It's the grogu minifig. And the popular TV series. I'm not sure this is a set I would go deep on if it's not discounted at the end of the run. A lot of the demand seems to come from kids watching the show, not collectors.

26 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

It's the grogu minifig. And the popular TV series. I'm not sure this is a set I would go deep on if it's not discounted at the end of the run. A lot of the demand seems to come from kids watching the show, not collectors.

Speak for yourself! I'm a collector and I had to have this set solely because I love the show. :-)

I actually did end up selling my used set for $230 because of this spike in popularity. It will definitely come back in stock far into 2021. I flipped about six more since then, thank you Amazon getting fulfillment directly from Lego in these beautiful shippers. 

23 minutes ago, RightDwigt said:

Speak for yourself! I'm a collector and I had to have this set solely because I love the show. :-)

I actually did end up selling my used set for $230 because of this spike in popularity. It will definitely come back in stock far into 2021. I flipped about six more since then, thank you Amazon getting fulfillment directly from Lego in these beautiful shippers. 

I'm not saying there is no demand from collectors. But this crazy surge seems to be parents satisfying Christmas wishes. Which raises the question if it will go back up to 300 after EOL or stay in the 150-200 range. I'm worried it will be the latter so I'm reluctant to load up at rrp. 20% off or gwp, sure. 

Grogu will be available in the $30 Mando set that comes out Jan 1 (found at Kohl’s already).

I'm not saying there is no demand from collectors. But this crazy surge seems to be parents satisfying Christmas wishes. Which raises the question if it will go back up to 300 after EOL or stay in the 150-200 range. I'm worried it will be the latter so I'm reluctant to load up at rrp. 20% off or gwp, sure. 

I personally use The Ghost as my barometer for this set. Unique ship - check. Unique minifigs - no (well, only Greef). But popular series. Primed NOT to be remade, just like The Ghost. So good chance this will do very well post EOL.
  • Like 1