71741 - Ninjago City Gardens

benjamin4172

• 2 years later...

I was dusting my ninjago city gardens with a soft paint brush. I noticed nearly every single one of the orange 1x1 double sloped cheese wedge things are cracked and one broke. I only built this in the spring and it's been on a shelf out the sunlight. Very disappointed parts are disintegrating already - maybe its a fault in the brick design, plastic or machine.

any one else had a problem with these pieces?

17002160452561412326217699766571.jpg

17002160753438316761712211381453.jpg

Holy heck- also a lot of the egg yellow parts have cracks 

17002161377727623704960222264335.jpg

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, Graphicski said:

I was dusting my ninjago city gardens with a soft paint brush. I noticed nearly every single one of the orange 1x1 double sloped cheese wedge things are cracked and one broke. I only built this in the spring and it's been on a shelf out the sunlight. Very disappointed parts are disintegrating already - maybe its a fault in the brick design, plastic or machine.

I checked mine, which I also built last spring and none are cracked/broke.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Graphicski said:

Since the issue is across two different colors any chance there are any environmental factors like stored in a room without A/C?

Not sure what you plan on doing to resolve it but I would not go with the damaged parts option even if you call Lego and provide pictures the department that bans you for abuse of this service has no knowledge or does not care that the phone rep said "don't worry they will make everything alright and send out replacements". You may have never used the service but this would be once and nobody knows the threshold for the Ban. They look like penny parts on BL so I would go that route but still report it to lego. 

If you still have the box would be interesting to know the seal codes for your set compared to @keith1833 set. 

13 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Since the issue is across two different colors any chance there are any environmental factors like stored in a room without A/C?

Not sure what you plan on doing to resolve it but I would not go with the damaged parts option even if you call Lego and provide pictures the department that bans you for abuse of this service has no knowledge or does not care that the phone rep said "don't worry they will make everything alright and send out replacements". You may have never used the service but this would be once and nobody knows the threshold for the Ban. They look like penny parts on BL so I would go that route but still report it to lego. 

If you still have the box would be interesting to know the seal codes for your set compared to @keith1833 set. 

No box and instructions are buried in a box somewhere, but I bought it in May, 2021.

8 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Nope - live in UK, so only use aircon in hottest days. Kept out of direct sunlight, display only. Its bizarre - ninjago city fir example is still in mint condition next to it. 

I find lego are great - I sent pictures and box number and they have sent replacements for all plus extra. It maybe helps that I bought from them the set directly, so they'd have even more of a record I'm a genuine buyer? Plus, while I don't pretend do be near their number 1 customer but I spend wayyyyy to much on lego lol

• Like 1