71741 - Ninjago City Gardens

benjamin4172

• 3 months later...

Not much new, but seems to be releasing in May according to a German LEGO magazine. Anyone have the physical magazine for confirmation? 

Good lord do I want to tear down my ho-hum modular city, sell it off, and put together the Ninjago City, Docks, Temple of Airjitzu, and Lion Dance that are currently sitting in my inventory. Of course, that would mean I needed to do two things: somehow have time for building LEGO and, more importantly, work up the resolve to cut those seals.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_chaos said:

Looks great again (as far as can be discerned from low-res pictures). I guess City and Docks will just keep getting crazier in price (maybe Airjitzu too - albeit to a lesser extent). Feeling quite smug that I have all three of those sets already!

don't feel too smug..there are rumors that the sets' popularity may prompt LEGO to re-release ala Saturn V

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

don't feel too smug..there are rumors that the sets' popularity may prompt LEGO to re-release ala Saturn V

I mean that I have them for my personal collection, not as investments. I've no intention or need to sell them. I wonder if they might change the packaging to get rid of the Ninjago Movie references?

Not looking at this from an investment perspective, but where are the rumors City and/or docks will make a return? While I really enjoy them and have both for myself, I cant image they would actually reproduce these after only being retired for a little over a year. They cant be as popular as an added cheese sloped Death Star, or Saturn V remake. Not trying to discredit anyone, but it seems like an odd move to make if only for them to go along with one another. Are older modular's going to face the same fate finally? 

@tomwang2016 Dropped info and bailed. Newer Member Said Saturn v and Ninjago city were coming back, the info was met with understandable suspicion. But now that Sat V is back there is some sound to the whispers. If That member comes back and wants to share more, give me a direct msg I'll listen without judgment 🦈

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

I do think I heard that about the City. Honestly, they’d be crazy not to. 

Ninjago City is a masterpiece (don't believe me, it won best set this generation at Brickset [Old fishing store 2nd place])...it's the ONLY set I sold in all my reselling where I regretted it (even tho I pocketed almost $250 profit) and could not rest until I had a replacement in my collection.  I have given up trying to get one NISB for a "reasonable" price.

the freakin vending machine gets me every time or the lobster grilling feature...the details are amazing; so creative.

I would love it if it was re-issued.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Ninjago City is a masterpiece (don't believe me, it won best set this generation at Brickset [Old fishing store 2nd place])...it's the ONLY set I sold in all my reselling where I regretted it (even tho I pocketed almost $250 profit) and could not rest until I had a replacement in my collection.  I have given up trying to get one NISB for a "reasonable" price.

the freakin vending machine gets me every time or the lobster grilling feature...the details are amazing; so creative.

I would love it if it was re-issued.  

I agree with you.  In fact, Ninjago City is the only Ninjago set I have purchased thus far.  Having seen what I could buy for $300 msrp in Ninjago City, I couldn't bring myself to buy Ninjago Docks at its msrp.

Edited by cambridge02138

Tomwang2016 came from the future. His mission was to relay important information about retired sets being resurrected. 

After his mission was completed, I'm sad to inform he was destroyed by a battalion of Lego robots sent by TLG to disrupt the leaking of company secrets. 

RIP Tomwang2016 and Tomwang2024

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

Tomwang2016 came from the future. His mission was to relay important information about retired sets being resurrected. 

After his mission was completed, I'm sad to inform he was destroyed by a battalion of Lego robots sent by TLG to disrupt the leaking of company secrets. 

RIP Tomwang2016 and Tomwang2024

Tomwang was a Meeseeks.  His mission was completed.

• Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 71741 - Ninjago City Gardens