71741 - Ninjago City Gardens

benjamin4172

5 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Ninjago City is a masterpiece (don't believe me, it won best set this generation at Brickset [Old fishing store 2nd place])...it's the ONLY set I sold in all my reselling where I regretted it (even tho I pocketed almost $250 profit) and could not rest until I had a replacement in my collection.  I have given up trying to get one NISB for a "reasonable" price.

the freakin vending machine gets me every time or the lobster grilling feature...the details are amazing; so creative.

I would love it if it was re-issued.  

Bite your tongue! Them's fighting words on this site.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Steel6T said:

Looks really similar to ninjago city, I was expecting something more original. Also interesting to see that they're going with 14+ on this one 

unless this is a start to a 4+ story Modular series...I could get into that...a genre of smaller compartment living...that's the reality for most of the urban world. Housing like this is more practical and current than the modular series which is more of a homage to a very western and long past era.

Anyway...looking forward to picking one up on LEGO Shop at Home BF discount for $170 fall of 2023

4 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

If anyone is wanting an actual garden, the new Spring Lantern Festival set (80107) looks very appealing. I'd be interested to see how that lines up next to the Ninjago City sets. 

I was just looking at that yesterday and wondering how NC Gardens and this would pair together. 80107 has been my favorite of the CNY sets released and I'm really looking forward to it.

I agree with the other comments: this is very similar to NC, I was hoping for much more of a "vertical garden". I thought it would be closer to the Docks with the garden part at the back/higher up and a pond in the foreground. 

This will still be a quick purchase for me though, Jan 14 is much appreciated as there was rumor it would be April/May. I really regret selling my Docks 😐

• 2 weeks later...
  • Alpinemaps changed the title to 71741 - Ninjago City Gardens
16 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

That’s so bizarre to me. The City looks so much more dense to me than this one does.

City is built on one 32x32 base plate while gardens is built on same plus one 16x32 so it is less dense and will have around 512 more of those 1x1 trans blue water elements. 

5 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

City is built on one 32x32 base plate while gardens is built on same plus one 16x32 so it is less dense and will have around 512 more of those 1x1 trans blue water elements. 

The set uses 1x2 trans blue tiles, and they don't cover every stud on the plate. While there is a lot more of them, it's probably more like 100 extra. It looks like the main build may have slightly more pieces than 70620, with the bulk of the difference being the side build. 

I started a new job this week and would love to be able to pick this up first thing in the morning rather than stay up until midnight only to have site issues for the first hour it's available.  Do we realistically think this will be available come 7am est for VIP, or do we think it will be sold out or backordered already?  

1 hour ago, sodoubleoggood said:

I started a new job this week and would love to be able to pick this up first thing in the morning rather than stay up until midnight only to have site issues for the first hour it's available.  Do we realistically think this will be available come 7am est for VIP, or do we think it will be sold out or backordered already?  

Dude, go to sleep; it's just LEGO and you should focus energy on your new job

it ain't gonna retire after one evening...you'll have 2+ years to get it and it may even go on sale.  Ninjago City was clearanced out at $170 (as I recall)

• Like 1