71741 - Ninjago City Gardens

benjamin4172

Yes it's live! I want Just for personal build.  I was only able to add 1 $20 dollar voucher though. ?  I used to be able to stack a few so that sucks. I really hoped to bring the price way down so It's definitely lame they seamed to change the rules again. Now have a few $20's cashed In that need to be used soon. Great looking set though.

1 hour ago, Belac said:

Yes it's live! I want Just for personal build.  I was only able to add 1 $20 dollar voucher though. ?  I used to be able to stack a few so that sucks. I really hoped to bring the price way down so It's definitely lame they seamed to change the rules again. Now have a few $20's cashed In that need to be used soon. Great looking set though.

I used two $100 vouchers without issue

4 hours ago, Belac said:

i was able to stack 2 vouchers.

4 hours ago, Steel6T said:

It's finally live. Once again what a botched release from lego

LEGO never claimed a midnight release; I believe they aim for 10am...so a little early for EST.

4 hours ago, Belac said:

On the iPad you have to refresh the payment page to enter the second voucher. 

20 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

This should look good next to the Lantern Festival set.

I picture the Lantern Festival on a rooftop to be more consistent with urban space limits  

I love this motif...but the price point is pretty high.  I think LEGO will/should be releasing modulars that can grow vertically as well as laterally so one can build their own "city"

4 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

How surprised are we to see the Gardens still in-stock? 

I would have said even money it sells out day 1. More driven by the CV-based new fans popularity of NC and NCD. I still expect it to sellout within the week. other than within insider circles, this set's release was very low key...I'm a huge NC fan, but this release only hit my radar 2 days ago. I think if it came w a unique GWP (something to do w/ the 10 year Ani (maybe a golden Destiny Bounty or dragon minibuild), that would have brought out the ninjago fans)

That $300 price point has been hard to sell out: Diagon Alley took a few days even. I think recently only the Grand Piano sold out day 1 and I suspect it was low quantities by LEGO for a niche product....same for Coliseum (which also got a holiday boost & unique GWP). Mos Eisley was a quick sellout but had yoda's lightsaber boosting it. Green Lambo had mad hype. SOldout fast and stayed hot for a couple months than fizzled.

Even $200 was a tough ceiling: BAtwing and Ecto eventually after almost a week

I agree that both NC and NCD were slow movers until the end...their LEGO Shop at Home sale prices got seals broken and sets built and that led to really high reviews...then CV SIP+ stimulus $ made any big set bonkers and took NC into the stratosphere...I think their popularity will keep fueling this series. Those great big sets are on display in folks homes and will continue to be the envy of others.

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I would have said even money it sells out day 1. More driven by the CV-based new fans popularity of NC and NCD. I still expect it to sellout within the week. other than within insider circles, this set's release was very low key...I'm a huge NC fan, but this release only hit my radar 2 days ago. I think if it came w a unique GWP (something to do w/ the 10 year Ani (maybe a golden Destiny Bounty or dragon minibuild), that would have brought out the ninjago fans)

That $300 price point has been hard to sell out: Diagon Alley took a few days even. I think recently only the Grand Piano sold out day 1 and I suspect it was low quantities by LEGO for a niche product....same for Coliseum (which also got a holiday boost & unique GWP). Mos Eisley was a quick sellout but had yoda's lightsaber boosting it. Green Lambo had mad hype. SOldout fast and stayed hot for a couple months than fizzled.

Even $200 was a tough ceiling: BAtwing and Ecto eventually after almost a week

I agree that both NC and NCD were slow movers until the end...their LEGO Shop at Home sale prices got seals broken and sets built and that led to really high reviews...then CV SIP+ stimulus $ made any big set bonkers and took NC into the stratosphere...I think their popularity will keep fueling this series. Those great big sets are on display in folks homes and will continue to be the envy of others.

Also if you already have NC you probably love it and how could you not "eventually" get the gardens?

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, mplsabdullah said:

Is this going to become available at other retailers (Kohls, Walmart, etc.) or is this only going to be available directly through Lego?

If so, how long does it usually take for sets like this to start showing up elsewhere?

May 1st. Two posts up. 

8 minutes ago, mplsabdullah said:

Thanks. Not sure how I didn't notice that. I actually read through the thread and skimmed past that part. LOL.

So that means others should have it available May 1 as well?

I would assume so. It's going to be everywhere. There are no more Lego shop only sets, just that window of exclusivity.